Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:59 pm
P.S.

Arkham Horror is AWESOME!

We also really enjoy Arabian Nights...it cracks me up so much, that game screws you soooooooo hard. So many laughs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 am
I feel kind of bad for places like Vermont, though. There's a lot of flooding there.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 am
Nice tale, Mephisto . . . good information to have. I grew up on the gulf coast of Texas, so hurricanes happen. You get used to them, and while my heart goes to all that suffer loss from a storm, I agree this was far from historic.

Just another reason my opinion of our President is so dysmal.

I don't know Arkham Horror . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 am
Lol thanks...Arkham is a lot of fun. I suggest it to all, as I do with Arabian Nights. Arkham is a good horror table top game. Arabian Nights is a great game to point and laugh at those around you who, no matter what decision they choose (even if its a "good" or "nice" choice), will probably get screwed royally. I also thoroughly enjoy Munchkin (which cracks me up every time) and Bang!, Munchkin being a slapstick card version of DnD and Bang! being a pretty sweet western/cowboy card game that I enjoyed simply because, out of all the players, who all are dealt a role card which consists of deputies, a sheriff, several outlaws and one renegade, only the Sheriff's identity is made aware to all players, the rest remain a mystery. I am fairly devious so this game was basically made for me. The sheriff has to try to figure out who everyone is and eliminate them before he loses his mysterious deputy and is killed himself. The outlaws can work together if they can identify one another and if one outlaw is the last man standing so to speak, all the outlaws win even if they're dead. But the renegade is, of course, a loner. I was one of the outlaws the first time I played this game and I convinced the sheriff that I was his deputy and I ended up tricking him into killing the real one...sooooo funny! The sheriff still won but I was the last person to die so I died laughing heartily. (These are not the tournament rules by the way)

I agree on the presidential statement. I don't have much faith in him either.

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

Panpear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 am
It's probably for the best to be overprepared in case the hurricane was very bad instead of underprepared. Of course, people living in NYC usually don't have to deal with hurricanes (or tropical storms) so I can understand why they would panic a bit more.

Arkham Horror is very fun. I've played it two or three times now, and I think we've won the majority of them. I know in one I had to sacrifice my character (aka I knew I would die the next time the monster took their turn) so I valiantly healed people and then tossed all my stuff to everyone else so they could open a can of whoopass. It was good times.

That sheriff game sounds interesting. Like the 'Mafia' or 'Werewolf' game but with a twist.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:52 am
Bang and Munchkin are hilarious. There are multiple versions of Munchkin too, Super Munchkin, Cthulu Munchkin, Star Munchkin, Munchkin Booty (pirates), Munchkin Zombies..... :3  

Cobalt

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 am
I love Mafia and Werewolf! Such fun party games! Have you played Psychologist before? I can explain it here if you're interested but the psychologist has to be completely unaware of how the game works so...it would spoil it to explain it. Once you know how it works you can never be the psychologist. biggrin Its crazy fun with the right group of people though!

So, I wrote out a 3 paragraph rant about NYC being over prepared...I thought it was clever, witty and a well formed argument...but I hesitated...if you tell anyone...you die!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Bang! is excellent (with lots of double entendres) and we've gotten into Settlers of Catan recently (I live with two men, there are so many "Har har Steve got wood!" jokes it's frightening and there's the "What are you going to do with that sheep?")

I quite like Arkham as well. We've won like...3 of the 5 times we've played but it's kind of always that barely by the seat of your pants, praying, desperate measures kind of thing. Mostly it's us drawing cards and going "Really? REALLY!?" *sigh*.

I will be on the lookout for Mafia, Arabian Nights and Werewolf.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:14 am
I is so lost. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:33 am
You don't actually need to buy any game to play Mafia/Werewolf; just a lot of people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

There are tons of variations of it. Usually the roles are decided by cards you have lying around; but you could have your narrator decide those too.

Wood and Sheep jokes can also be made with Agricola; I'd recommend that game, too.

And Power Grid. And Dominion.

Yeah, the times we've won were also filled with 'by the seat of your pants' moments. A lot. All the time.

Haven't played Psychologist, no.  

Panpear

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am
Hmm...haven't popped in here for a while... and I see Panpear still hasn't changed her avatar.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:02 am
Scythe de Zaran
Hmm...haven't popped in here for a while... and I see Panpear still hasn't changed her avatar.

*thumbs up*

Oh wait, you can't see that. >.>

I've been thinking about changing it though, since I have the zombie skin in my inv. and all.

But I still haven't decided if I should just do it or if I should make a big fuss about it (which involves effort and stuff).  

Panpear

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:08 am
Panpear
*thumbs up*

Oh wait, you can't see that. >.>

I've been thinking about changing it though, since I have the zombie skin in my inv. and all.

But I still haven't decided if I should just do it or if I should make a big fuss about it (which involves effort and stuff).
Haha... well, I doubt anything will make them bring back the original version, so you might as well change it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:10 pm
Actually... it came back with this thing: http://tektek.org/gaia/price/9519/easter_2k10_gambino_egg

Which I own.

Which I still haven't worn.  

Panpear

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:00 pm
Ah...well then. The decision is up to you.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games