Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:26 am
Copypasta from Facebook
thank you, all of you, for the support. What happened was a pile of crap on top of a bad situation. I had missed enough days to warrant a "D-Day" at work. The term refers to a decision day, in which if any infractions happen for 1 year after that point, you are terminated. It was my own fault, and I accept that. It's been around 6 months since that point, no infractions. Wednesday, I was turning a row of carts, and some woman was walking in front of me. Her right hand hit a cart, rapping her ring and pinky knuckles on the lead cart. I immediately tried to apologize, but she walked off before I could even finish- ignoring my apology. Turns out she went to the hospital to have her perfectly healthy hand x-rayed, and that caused a safety issue at work. Such causes an immediate coaching in Walmart, and combined with my D-Day, I was automatically fired. She threw a fit, I lost my job. Such is the tale of my woe.

That was the kind version, as one should never bash the previous employer on a public forum like Facebook. Still, I would bet you can feel my anger a bit in there. 6 years, and never had a negative review, finally earning over $10 and hour (was at $10.40), and because some lady bounced two knuckles off a cart . . . and I admitted it was my mistake, even if she walked away before I could even apologize, that b***h, and now I am out of a job. Not an easy thought with a house, wife, two kids, and bills to deal with.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 am
Aw hon I am so sorry! That's ridiculous! People can be so dramatic, its as if they have such boring lives, they have to piss and moan about breaking a nail. So annoying. Its almost as if, from the story, they were looking for a reason to terminate your employment with them. I mean, people make mistakes. What was she going to do? Sue you for the 15 bucks it probably cost her for the appointment? Pathetic. What has the world come to that someone could get away with being such a big pansy in a court room and win? You know? I mean look at these third world countries. Africa for instance. These people suffer in almost every way imaginable. Civil war rips their people apart. They are judged harshly by others, physically mutilated and/or murdered after watching their children executed in front of them, usually, for different religious beliefs. They starve to death, but only after losing their babies to famine. Disease runs rampant, predators hunt their livestock, if they're lucky to keep any and sometimes even the people themselves. They have experienced the crappiest micro-evolution in the world. Sure, sure, these things benefit you in one way specific to the area but it kills you in another. WTH? Its like, when the world split into different societies, the first of the different peoples of the world stood together and drew straws. The Jewish people and the Africans both got the short straws. Sheesh...and this woman gets tapped by some carts and throws a temper tantrum. Now see, it would HURT to roll my eyes as hard as I want to at this woman. So no...I won't do it. Or maybe I will and then I'll complain about it.

Now if you slip because there's no "caution wet floor" sign in a store and injure yourself, I can see taking that somewhere. I was almost taken out the other day because the Winco stores out here tend to leave trash (plastic wrapping from shipment, pieces of card board, etc.) alllllll over their floors. My foot almost went right out from under me because I was looking at the products for sales and such instead of staring at my feet, which I shouldn't have to do, and if I had fallen, I would have at least made a big enough stink that it never happened to anyone else again. I almost did it anyway (not sued or anything but complained). Mostly because its not a one time thing. That store is ALWAYS a mess. And its damn dangerous, you know? I have shopped at Wincos in two states now, many locations and they are all like that. Anyway, I digress. Americans are such BABIES! So she got a love tap that woke her out of her empty headed reverie. Big deal. Go cry in a corner for God's sake and leave the rest of society out of your self pity fest. '

Now, if she hit her hand hard and it throbbed or bruised, I can see her going to the doctor for an X-ray, but I can't imagine from the above scenario that this was the case. And if she did hit it hard, hard enough, at least, to warrant an X-ray, unless she is super woman (who wouldn't need an X-ray), she probably would have cried out or AT LEAST winced. Did she react in pain?

Oh and forgive my rant...these types of situations really irritate me.

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 pm
Omg! This made me LOL sooooo hard. I am sharing it with everyone.

Response to Dr. Laura full of AWESOME!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:03 pm
Oh man Magni, that really sucks. D: Hopefully you can find a newer, more better job somewhere else!

And I can't believe that lady! Why the heck would you need to get your hand x-rayed? I bet she was trying to get a few bucks out of the store. Unbelievable.  

Panpear

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:28 pm
Is there an echo in here? eek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm
Call Me Mephisto

Nope lol, you're just being impatient :3

@Magni, bad times... As panpear said, the woman was probably trying to suck some money out of the store... Damn sueing culture >.>
It's not as bad over here for that but you still get it...  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 pm
-Shuffles to plop on her giant pile of pillows, sketching old Bleach OC's-

...Oh, Nirami... And Okojo...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:45 am
Thanks guys . . .

She did react in pain, to animatedly shake her hand with broad gestures. However, upon a little investigating, I discovered that she went to the jewelry counter and held up her hands and said "look what your cart pusher did to me, he ran those carts right into my hand!" The jewelry person honestly didn't know what she was looking at. Both hands looked fine, so she didn't even know which was hurt.

This all comes down to Walmart covering it's own a**. Somebody . . . no, a customer got hurt, and an example had to happen. Even the managers forced to fire me thought it was bullshit. In the exit interview I didn't hold back and said "I've hurt myself multiples worse on a near-daily basis. I've had a metal bar slam down on my head in front of Ben (the store manager), and I've had my left arm go numb from electrical shock thanks to an exposed wire on our cart pusher machine. Nothing was ever done for me. This lady bounced two knuckles off a cart, and I lose my job over it." I didn't scream and yell, mind you. Just said that, and then did all I could to make the process as easy on the managers firing me as possible. One wasn't even in charge of my area, it was just "you two do it" among the management of the store.

I saw it, recognized it for what it was, and knew that was a calculated move. Now I have friends all through the store likely retelling the tale like mad, spreading discord- not because I want that, but because they agree that it is bullshit. One even knows the woman in question, and plans to see her when not at work, not liable as a person in Walmart, and tell her "you cost a good man his job."

Now I am dealing with some depression because of it. 6 years, never had a bad review, and now I am 'non-rehirable' at that company, and have no job to support my family. We have backup plans- they aren't pretty, but they are in place and will be started on Tuesday when everything reopens. I'll be alright, but the emotional cost is still being worked through.

Hey Goosey, if you ever want more subjects from Bleach to draw, I have an OC you are more than welcome to have fun with. wink  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am
Giyari
Call Me Mephisto

Nope lol, you're just being impatient :3

@Magni, bad times... As panpear said, the woman was probably trying to suck some money out of the store... Damn sueing culture >.>
It's not as bad over here for that but you still get it...

Nice try, but you completely missed my point and in doing so probably proved my point even more. Thanks! wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm
Oh wow! Why is this place so popular! Wait because of roleplay?^^ Sorry bout that. Heys this noob here is me spider london  

Spider London

Invisible Member

9,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 pm
Ojiisan~ Could ya link me to a reference so I can draw him? Or should I look through Waya's stuff for references?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:12 pm
Fare thee well!

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

titankronos9

6,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 pm
Hey guys, I'm titankronos9 but feel free to call me Titan, Kronos or Chris, whatever works. As you can probably tell, I roleplay as comicbook heroes quite a bit.
Hope to Rp with yall soon. pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:20 pm
Wow, looks like some people found this place.  

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:25 pm
Spider London
Oh wow! Why is this place so popular! Wait because of roleplay?^^ Sorry bout that. Heys this noob here is me spider london

Above all else, we enjoy each other's company. 3nodding This is a place modeled after Gaia of old, where everybody is encouraged to RP, interact, and above all else have fun! Welcome, and enjoy the Refuge.

Call Me Mephisto

Where you going?! eek

titankronos9

I love the comic book hero, though I do prefer to avoid using cannon characters. OC are far more fun for me. What do you think?

Eylios

Seems like, and that is a good thing. cool

Goosey, I will see about getting it to you soon. I only know of one ref image I have- paid Waya/Voices for some commissions, but only one is up on the net at the moment, and my char is really kinda thin. Like almost anorexic. mad She specializes in bishies. Me no good for bishie!

General rule for Bisonen characters: Draw woman. Erase boobs. confused  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games