Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:28 pm
Beware the man-eating couch, newbies. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:30 pm
Disturbing Tale Teller
Here is the first image I have of him, and of course I can give in-depth detail of him . . . or his alter ego to deal with hollows, Anansi! ninja  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

titankronos9

6,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm
titankronos9

I love the comic book hero, though I do prefer to avoid using cannon characters. OC are far more fun for me. What do you think?

Quote:

I too like running OC's but I'm well.... a nerd lol.
These characters, I know so much about them that I might as well star in their next film as a disclaimer stating what the film messed up on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 pm
titankronos9
These characters, I know so much about them that I might as well star in their next film as a disclaimer stating what the film messed up on.

Nothing wrong with being a nerd at all. I am mildly versed in the comic lore, though my specific speciality is transformers. I love that IP in and out, and know more than any person really ever should. sweatdrop That came to pass hard when I tried to come up with my own OC of that vein . . . and everything felt like a ripoff of one of the established characters!

Oh, and I must say, that is one of the best Batman cosplay avis I have ever seen. Well done, Sir.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Spider London

Invisible Member

9,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 pm
So can someone tell me a good RP zone here?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm
The main thread has all the RPs posted in it smile
Though I'm not sure how many are actually active >ninja: I know I'm only in one RP here just now lol  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

titankronos9

6,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 pm
Magni Prime
titankronos9

Nothing wrong with being a nerd at all. I am mildly versed in the comic lore, though my specific speciality is transformers. I love that IP in and out, and know more than any person really ever should. sweatdrop That came to pass hard when I tried to come up with my own OC of that vein . . . and everything felt like a ripoff of one of the established characters!

Oh, and I must say, that is one of the best Batman cosplay avis I have ever seen. Well done, Sir.

Thank you mon ami, this is one of my first attempts at a "classic" Batman. My more modern one isn't liked very much. I have a few other characters in my repertoire. As for your cybertronian intrest, I share such a knowlege. Kudos mate.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:25 am
Hmm.... I sorta have an idea.

College is going to keep me busy for quite a while, until I get a handle on my time management. I really need to cut back on my roleplaying, specifically how many characters I control - so I have an idea for Etherea.

We already need a new Crimson Knight because Tejava also had to cut down roleplaying for school. And EKA is super busy, so I think we'll be needing a new Cerulean Knight as well.

That being said... I'm considering hanging up the Dreamwalker of Memory and keeping my role in Etherea to purely as a dungeon master of sorts - I don't mind keeping track of profiles and weighing in on where the story should go, but I think that's all I could really do for Etherea right now.

So, new people - care to be a Knight of Etherea?

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 am
titankronos9

I can't call it nostalgia, as I never stopped loving them since 1984. As for my OC, I did finally come up with a personality for him. The altmode was one that caught my attention for some time, so I made the character based on that. A Tomahawk motorcycle by Dodge. Friggin' tank, that thing.

In comic news, I adore my Dex-Starr toy. He makes me smile every time I see him. 4laugh

On the subject of knights . . . yeah, I don't know where to go on that one. The thread is one that has my interest, but just seems to be struggling to get off the ground. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 am
We just need to get people to post!

I would offer to play a knight, as well, but I think that wouldn't really be fair to the others, considering my nightmare also used to be a knight...

Maybe we need an 'event' for the knights to come out and go at, while the nightmares are hanging out at Nightmare's castle?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm
An event, possibly, or a minor reboot - same setting, (most of) the same characters, a second take - perhaps STARTING with a skirmish between the Knights and the Nightmares while in the Veil of Etherea.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 pm
Orrrr, instead of a reboot, why not mix an even and a reboot together?
As you said, we need new knights for those that have left, and I don't think that's a problem in the way of the story as I could see knights changing quite a lot actually as being a kinight really it's just a title given to people no?

So, we hold off a bit, just keep with what we're doing for the time being, get some new RPers to fill in as knights and then BANG! All out war...  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Cobalt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 pm
I'm still around, just kinda waiting for someone to come look for The Fall. I suppose it was pretty vague as a character introduction, but oh well. I'd be okay with a reboot or event. Perhaps the knights could converge on the suspicious occurrences of falling and encounter my nightmare? Or perhaps The Fall could create a large collapse of something with a lot of people, an event the knights could not ignore, forcing them to drop what they're doing and head out?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 am
Welcome newbies!

Hang in there Magni. I'm happy to be your unemployed buddy! Best of luck!  

Electric Kool-Aid

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 am
Well, I sent off my resume and a cover letter to one company gagging for people in my area. Here's hoping. sweatdrop

Till then, school gets to be my primary focus.

*hugs EKA out of friendship, and the inability to turn down beautiful women*  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games