Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:39 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind
though I could be, if required to. biggrin

I beg to differ. wink You opened the door for negotiation with that comment.

rolleyes Whatever hahahaha
That was talking about how i could be a "dark and mysterious maiden" biggrin
as in like~ for a role-play emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:47 pm
HACKintoYOURmind

Potato, po-tah-to . . . *playful smirk*  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind

Potato, po-tah-to . . . *playful smirk*

Evil. gonk

well i'm attempting to resurrect the guild. With my rp that is..  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 pm
HACKintoYOURmind
Evil. gonk

Lawful Evil, if you wish to quibble over semantics . . . but you have my attention. I love the idea of revitalizing the guild, as all my ideas have gone poorly.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind
Evil. gonk

Lawful Evil, if you wish to quibble over semantics . . . but you have my attention. I love the idea of revitalizing the guild, as all my ideas have gone poorly.

Huh.
I see. Well, I posted one earlier today. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:10 pm
Interesting . . . what kind of characters/powers are you hoping for?  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Magni Prime
Interesting . . . what kind of characters/powers are you hoping for?

Thanks. (I think)
Not really anything specific. It helps when there's a complete mix ya know :3
what do you think of it story-wise?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm
HACKintoYOURmind
Thanks. (I think)

I think the story is open enough, mixing elements of post-apocalypse, govenrment rebellion, and alien invasion. Living in a world not unlike fallout 3 with the social guilt of your ancestors doing that to you. Characters would have to live with the issues of rebellion against their oppressors- and choosing whether their empowerers are among them.

The only bit I question is the child-reversion. Why do that? I don't get that addition.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind
Thanks. (I think)

I think the story is open enough, mixing elements of post-apocalypse, govenrment rebellion, and alien invasion. Living in a world not unlike fallout 3 with the social guilt of your ancestors doing that to you. Characters would have to live with the issues of rebellion against their oppressors- and choosing whether their empowerers are among them.

The only bit I question is the child-reversion. Why do that? I don't get that addition.

Wow you actually understood! that's great! *wipes brow* whew!
Oh that~ It's just an added twist~ Makes it a bit more interesting, no? I can op it out if need be, but i kinda like it~  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 pm
Hello everyone, my name is Joshua Chung. Well...there's not much to say about me, except that I'm currently waiting for my applications to be sent to colleges. Apart from that I'm just getting through my last year of highschool here in California. My friends introduced me to the world of Gaia and by aimless wandering I found this place. I've never RP, and only have two experience here in Gaia, but when my friends told me it's just acting I realized that I've found my temporary niche.

I hope I can contribute to this RP Guild, thank you...and yeah.  

JoshuaChung

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 pm
HACKintoYOURmind
Oh that~ It's just an added twist~ Makes it a bit more interesting, no? I can op it out if need be, but i kinda like it~

I see it this as Fallout meets ID4 meets X-Men.

I don't have a specific issue with the child regression. I just don't know how well it would work. I would say the person should start as less than 20, to take advantage of the developing physical body. The younger candidates would take the powers easier, the older ones would be less likely to have nasty side effects. make it a balancing act for physical mutation beyond beneficial levels. Make it a choice.

For instance, take a 10yo is given the serum. He can become like Colossus from X-Men, but loses all sense of touch. The metal flesh can heal with heat, melting back into place, but has no ability to touch.

A 19yo takes the serum, and only is given the ability to translate any language he runs into, regardless of source. Vocal, written, computer . . . nothing is not decripted immediately. Mutation? His eyes change to an unnatural color- say blue.

Make the player trade off the severity of the power with the severity of the cost, using age as the barometer.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind

I see it this as Fallout meets ID4 meets X-Men.

I don't have a specific issue with the child regression. I just don't know how well it would work. I would say the person should start as less than 20, to take advantage of the developing physical body. The younger candidates would take the powers easier, the older ones would be less likely to have nasty side effects. make it a balancing act for physical mutation beyond beneficial levels. Make it a choice.

For instance, take a 10yo is given the serum. He can become like Colossus from X-Men, but loses all sense of touch. The metal flesh can heal with heat, melting back into place, but has no ability to touch.

A 19yo takes the serum, and only is given the ability to translate any language he runs into, regardless of source. Vocal, written, computer . . . nothing is not decripted immediately. Mutation? His eyes change to an unnatural color- say blue.

Make the player trade off the severity of the power with the severity of the cost, using age as the barometer.

Huh. I see. I think that over a bit.
One of the main reasons i like the reversion, is no on is left being really "better" or looked down over ages and what not.
also they are all whaever real age. but the serum just shrinks, per say, them.  

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:21 pm
HACKintoYOURmind
One of the main reasons i like the reversion, is no on is left being really "better" or looked down over ages and what not.

I see your point . . . and perhaps there is some logic in that. But there are other ways to deal with that. Severity of powers, lack of rank, that sort of thing . . .

I like it better that they are reverted in body, but not in mind. That might be interesting indeed! Magni likes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm
Magni Prime
HACKintoYOURmind

I see your point . . . and perhaps there is some logic in that. But there are other ways to deal with that. Severity of powers, lack of rank, that sort of thing . . .

I like it better that they are reverted in body, but not in mind. That might be interesting indeed! Magni likes.

*nods*
If you've ever read/watched Detective Conan, you can really imagine it  

Choru

Dangerous Hunter

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:02 pm
HACKintoYOURmind
*nods*
If you've ever read/watched Detective Conan, you can really imagine it

I don't care much for the detective/crime genre . . . but I do know the show. It was fairly good, and made me watch a bit.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games