Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm
Alright, 'Night.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 am
Welcome Nan and Veea! Hope you find lots'o fun here! *does the Welcome Dance and distributes the customary Welcome Gluggles [a cross between a glomp and a huggle which is a sort of trademark of this guild]*

In terms of your gun description issue Nan, I have always found Wikipedia to be a terrifyingly complete source for almost all my rp research needs. But also I think most people here are casual and friendly enough that if you were like "I put bullets in my gun." they'd be like "Oh, I get it."

My IRL name is very nontraditional also Veea. I have met only one other person with my name and I was named after her...0.o *weird name fist bump* Y'all can call me EKA.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 am
Think I'll have my RP start within the hour; people can join at anytime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 am
I don't really trust wiki all that much since, with the way it's set up, any idiot can go in and make changes to it. Something that was once accurate can become total bs in a matter of a day. People tend to be lenient though when it comes to rp'ing with guns. As long as they know what type (sniper, shotgun, pistol ext...) they don't mind having the minor details glanced over. Still, more hastle than I'm willing to deal with sweatdrop

Yay for a new rp starting soon blaugh I'm debating whether or not to post one I made a while back here. Problem is, it doesn't have much of a sucess rating crying sweatdrop  

Nandoral

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 am
Hey, as long as you don't have an M-16 shoot LASERS, I'm fine. XD

Oh? What kind of RP was it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 am
My mistakes are a bit more realistic than that lol It's more like using semi auto's like they're complete autos, shooting multiple rounds from single shot weapons, or (dumbest mistake I ever made inside rp) trying to change the clip on a shot gun xp

It's an elemental/fantasy based rp. The 'eccense' of the five main elements manifest into chosen vesles so that they can provide guidence, leadership, and maintain peice amoung the world. The main antagonist kills off one of the manifestations, and the essences can't take on a new vessle for X amount of years (can't remember what I had put it as) before the remaining four figured out what happened.....It might just be easier for me to post the back story lol It's hard summerizing it without leaving out major details.  

Nandoral

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 am
Ahh, I see the problem now.
Many guns have the ability to switch their firing rate, so you have that loophole.
For simplicity, Rifles use Mags, Pistols use Clips, and Shotguns use Shells.

Actually sounds interesting.

Oh, and the RP has started.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 am
Alright, so here's the back story to the rp. It'll need to be fixed up somr before I even think to post it since I know I need to convert the story to one that fits a smaller scale.

Several hundred years ago, all the lands were united under the single name of Telnar. In this era, all was at peace under the rule of the five great powers, each representing their own element. There was the high power of water, Elura. Of wind was Janglin and the earth Gynico. Fire was ruled by Mikoto and finally the spirit was overseen by Celtinara. Together, the five maintained a life of porosparity and happiness for the people. Things changed though when Celtinara went missing. She had left her main dwelling to perform her usual duties for a funeral. Those who were at the funeral said that they saw nothing abnormal about her, and no one was out of place. Search parties tried for months to find the missing leader, but there was no trace of her.
The other four elementals knew something wasn't right. They could no longer feel the spirit of their comrade within the world of the living. She was dead and only they knew it. There was only one thing they could do...appoint a temporary fill in untill her spirit was reincarnated. Daris, who had been Celtinara's student, was well suited for the job. He was well trained in his art and knew a great deal of what he was expected to do. That is who they chose to take her place, and it was the greatest mistake of their lives.
Daris had hesitated to accept his new position and only did so when Gynico informed him that his former teacher was dead. His face had contorted with sadness as tears slid down his face, but it was all a show. What the others didn't know about him was that he had been the one that ended Celtinara's life in hopes of gaining the very position they gave him. The first several years he played the part of being kind hearted to a tee. Everyone grew to love him and thought that he himself was the actual reicarnation of their old leader. In his 5th year of rule, Daris showed his true colors when he ordered for all new born females to be killed. The people were confused as to why he would order such a thing. This was the year in which the true spirit element was to be reborn.
The elementals saw this and finally realized the great wrong they had done. In an attempt to try and fix their mistake, they all four rose against Daris. The battle was catostrophic and, to the dismay of all except one, Daris had come out victorious. The others, having lost, removed themselves and their people from the land of Telnar. It was no longer a place of peace, but chaos and darkness.
They each went their seperate ways, building their own nations to safe guard those who followed them. The land of Telnar soon became known as Heltian instead and Daris granted himself the title of the Dark Lord. He passed a law that would force the people of Heltain to kill all new born daughters every five years in order to prevent Celtinara's soul from returning to this world. He also found a way of preserving his soul through darkness, preventing everything but an unnatural death from claiming his life.
The years passed, many of the elementals have reached death and been reborn numberous times. To keep themselve safe from Daris, they stepped down as leaders and gave rule of their respective nations to a king or queen. They have wait in secrecy for the day when they can rise up and return the world to its former glory, but it couldn't be done without the spirit element. There were only a few people who posessed the power of spirit that excaped that day, and up untill eighteen years ago, none of them had produced the child meant to be the vessel of the spirit element. However, the other four felt it, her return. Celtinara had finally been reborn. They were patcient, waiting for her to mature to the proper age....the age she would learn of who she truely was and what destiny awaited her. This is where our story begins. This is the rise against the Dark Lord.  

Nandoral

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 am
Yeah, that actually sounds interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am
Thank you ^_^ and I posted

I loved the last bit of Jarids post, bc I found something a couple weeks ago that worked for the situation just perfectly twisted Too bad it puts Chaos in a bad position.  

Nandoral

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:00 am
Yeah, bunker-busters are fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 am
Not sure what a bunker-buster is (--->feeling like a noob right about now)  

Nandoral

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 am
A missile capable of shaking a fortified structure's foundation to the point of breaking.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:15 am
While you shouldn't quote or cite wikipedia it is actually on average quite accurate because for every idiot who takes the time to screw up an entry, there are three geeks (like me) who change it back. I imagine the gun section is actually really accurate because enough people are gun enthusiasts that they would keep it pretty cleaned up.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 am
Yeaaah, my bible is a book on guns....  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games