Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Nandoral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:31 am
Zahzi: Ah, that makes sense...

EKA: I still think I'd rather go to a more accurate site that isn't edited daily and constantly changing (in the wrong kind of way.) More stable that way.

Zahzi: BLASPHAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
The contents of the bible consist of no such thing...it is about the glory and how to properly worship the highest power of all...caffine...yes, it tells us how to properly give thanks for all the sugar rushes caffine highs, and subsequent crashes that has ever been gifted to us by caffine ((Randomness... blaugh ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am
Fine, fine, FINE! A BIBLE OF CAFFEINE AND GUNS!!  

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

Nandoral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 am
ok...I guess I can live with that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:09 pm
Your reluctance to use Wikipedia peaked my curiosity and got me to do some research. Apparently they did some tests on it in 2005 (when editing articles was more easy than it is now actually) and found that only 2% of Wikipedia's content is inaccurate. Considering how HUGE it is that's kind of awesome. Additionally they found that the error rate per article is roughly equivalent to that found in Encyclopedia Britannica (which humorously pissed off Encyclopedia Britannica lolz). They do concede that Wiki articles are more likely to have a slight bias (specifically articles related to history) but still for general information it's reliable. (I'm a bit of a data geek so this kind of excites me, sorry. I like learning new things a lot. I'll let it go now). You're right to always question though.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Nandoral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:27 pm
I gotta head to work guys. I'll be on again in...ehhh...about four hours or so. Depends on how much drama gets started once I get back home.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:38 pm
I am pleased to see conversations happening in here after I removed so many people - I still feel shitty about that. XC

But it's alright, we can bring in new people!

In the meantime, I really need to work on my roleplay - unfortunately, it's not as open as Zahzi's, it's only going to 6 (maybe 7) players.

Brrrrrr..... too cold in this lounge..... no where else to go for public computers....  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nandoral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm
Sometimes it's good to limit the number of people who join an rp. It helps the creator keep a closer eye on things and form plot twists that help encourage character developement for more rpc's at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm
Never fear Welian!! Your fearsome wielding of the Ban-hammer galvanized us layabouts into a flurry of RoleplayingAction!  

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 pm
RagingBluMunky
Never fear Welian!! Your fearsome wielding of the Ban-hammer galvanized us layabouts into a flurry of RoleplayingAction!

I sure hope so, I'd be depressed if I killed the RPR.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 pm
Nah you can't kill it. We're tougher than that.

Welcome all you new kids! *hands out tickets to the moon*  

Cobalt

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:25 pm
Tougher than boots!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm
And possibly getting a few new people.  

welian

Crew

Nandoral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:37 pm
Well, here's a plus side you can think about...since you booted old members who sat around and did nothing and got new ones who are posting, your post per member ratio went up, as well as over all guild activity. Due to that combination of events, this guild, though only for a short period, was on the main guild search page as one of the 'popular' guilds. That's how I ran across it when looking for some new guilds to join.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm
.... Interesting. I never though of that.  

welian

Crew

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 pm
Nandoral
Well, here's a plus side you can think about...since you booted old members who sat around and did nothing and got new ones who are posting, your post per member ratio went up, as well as over all guild activity. Due to that combination of events, this guild, though only for a short period, was on the main guild search page as one of the 'popular' guilds. That's how I ran across it when looking for some new guilds to join.

WOOT  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games