Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

dammedMule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 pm
EKA
I now have a couple of snarky Benedict Cumberbatch's walking around my screen
I have a Sherlock one on my screen... Yus!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm
Watched a bit of a program on History Channel 2 today . . . on vampires and how they have recently evolved from a blood-sucking to energy-siphoning varieties. That reminded me that my mother (A Wiccan High Priestess) once said my unique abilities of the soul were like a vampire.

Was an interesting idea. eek  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

xXKyousukeXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 pm
ninja Couple buddies of mine are setting up DnD nights every week.... I must say I'm quite excited.. mrgreen We set up our characters tonight over drinks and food....

The prospect of sharing a somewhat intellectually stimulating game, without the use of a TV monitor or plastic controller is wonderfully enthralling!

[/end geekout]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 am
We play Arkham Horror at least once a week and Wrath of Ashardalon occasionally. and of course Settlers of Catan. All excellent.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:58 pm
xXKyousukeXx
ninja Couple buddies of mine are setting up DnD nights every week.... I must say I'm quite excited.. mrgreen We set up our characters tonight over drinks and food....

The prospect of sharing a somewhat intellectually stimulating game, without the use of a TV monitor or plastic controller is wonderfully enthralling!

[/end geekout]

[longning geekout] I would adore to be a part of that, and come play a surly dwarf with you guys. Ressurect my Hinrag Ignasher Orcslayer character . . .

[/geekout rant]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Shadowrun game I'm doing this winter, when work doesn't make me miss it.... :<  

Cobalt

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm
I have a standing invitation to a game, but I don't trust the GM. He's one of those slick bastards that is fun as all get-out to talk to, but you can't believe a word he says.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm
so . . . . quiet . . .  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 pm
Midterms.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm
Magni Prime
so . . . . quiet . . .

Sorry sir!
I don't want to speak out of term, don't believe Gaia has the same punch it used to.
Then again, if it weren't for the hardcore fans, longtime members, it wouldn't exist at all today. *cough*'cept for subsidized funding*cough*  

xXKyousukeXx

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 pm
xXKyousukeXx
Sorry sir!
I don't want to speak out of term, don't believe Gaia has the same punch it used to.
Then again, if it weren't for the hardcore fans, longtime members, it wouldn't exist at all today. *cough*'cept for subsidized funding*cough*

You are one of a very, ~very~, VERY short list I will never fuss at for lack of activity, sama-san. I'm just glad to see you floating around from time to time, my old friend.

I just wish I knew why I can't seem to quit this place. I've tried several times over the years, but always keep coming back. And the extra ads and 'sponsors' are a bit much. On that point we agree, old friend. That, and the cash system, and the crap that is Gaian Economy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm
I still remember when it made sense....
The basic town map system... click by click to go in any directions...
..somewhat quaint town characters... themed events (not based on an upcoming network's movie/anime/tv show/book or other geeksplurge), where the best items ran at a single million Gs... or even couple thousands! The Thank You cards!

You had money solely based on activity or by donating to what you loved, not Gaian giftcards and, pardon my language, mindless timesinks....
(Other Kyou says: I guess all ages need to be pleased)

How's the night going? Just finished a round of Futurama episodes with some friends... xd I have to say, I'm quite annoyed with the weather. Could go for some spring..  

xXKyousukeXx

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm
Gaia just lived up to it's namesake. It grew, evolved, and acted like a living thing. Trouble is, the living thing was grown with the ideas of "money" and appealing to varied audiences. True, I liked the idea of trying to diversify. But the RIGs piss me off, and the alchemy is nothing but an utter sham.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm
Well, I have two clients I work for. One is three hours a day, five days a week. the other is two hours a day, four days a week. My prior client got sick and won't be back the rest of the week. The paycheck is going to suck . . . but you know what? The extra time off is going to be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. emotion_dealwithit  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

FireStat

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:54 pm
Just kinda wasting what's left of the day away on Soul Calibur....anyone else do anything worth mentioning?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games