Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:05 am
Alexander Magnus
*debates getting his ice cream now- Cheesecake Brownie*

Saw Avengers today . . . and I have two complaints. One, MOAR! and two, I wanna see it again.

Puny god.

OMG! WASN'T IT AMAZING!!!! I SAW IT ON FRIDAY AND I'M STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 am
Cheesecake ice cream . . . the stuff should be illegal, I love it so much.

I've never paid much attention to the Avengers, and to be honest went to see it for Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Tony Stark. He is hilarious! But . . . Hulk so stole the movie. Every bit that had him in it made me either laugh or go Oooo! At one point he and Thor took down a big enemy (won't spoil what or how), and without looking, Hulk just punched the s**t out of Thor. Just because. The whole movie was awesome, and as soon as it comes to the local 'theater' I will be watching it again with the wife.

As for the situation, it gets worse. The cop finally called me back today to tell me that my boss won't release any forms. He read my notes to her over the phone, though. More good news- if I don't hear from her by wednesday, she goes on vacation for 10 days, and I get to sit on this and wait even longer. Ugh. FML.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm
I just watched Thor in preparation for watching the Avengers. I LOVE JOSS WHEDON! AHHHHHH!

*hugs Magni* Standing by with ice cream, Cap'n. Hang in there, deep breaths. Wish I had more to offer.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:33 pm
as a comic book fan i must say that technically those are not the avengers those are the ultimates. the comic book avengers included spiderman and captian america is just found in the ultimates.... but past lat *gluggles*

we should start a mass rp for all of us old pples to participate in. i think what happened is that most of us got older and had less time and ofcourse some of the things the kids are into we arent into you know what ni means.  

AlwynRowanwind

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:27 pm
An interesting idea, but what kind of RP would appeal to all us oldbies?

Iron Man (I & II) - loved them. I adore the jerk that is Tony Stark.

Captain America - I wasn't overly fond of the film. I mean, it's okay, but not grand. It was good in that it proved that Cap really is one thing at heart. A truly nice guy.

Thor - damn, that was a mediocre movie at best. I find no desire to watch it again.

Hulk - talk about a roller coaster of movies. Ang Lee's Hulk was a bomb of epic proportions. Incredible Hulk did not get it's due in the theaters, being a really good film.

Avengers? This is what crossover films should be. It created a bar that was impossibly high to reach, not unlike Batman Begins. I would love to shove a blinking neon sign in front of Disney and say "This is what you should be doing with your Marvel license." DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, IDW . . . all have decent properties, and opportunities to make epic films. Avengers is the gold standard to live up to.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 pm
We could always look at older RP's that were really popular with the oldbies and others, and try and go from there?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 pm
FINALS.

ARE OVER.

I AM HOME.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm
*yawn* I'm down for anything and I do mean anything within reason. *munches carelessly on the ears of his newly acquired mail order catgirl*

I haven't seen the Avengers yet.

Tanakietsu

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 pm
welian
FINALS.

ARE OVER.

I AM HOME.

Yay, Congrats!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Saw the Avengers today.

>mfw:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It. Was. Amazing. Great dialogue, loads of action, and freaking Chris Hemsworth. <3

Hm.... I actually liked Thor. I adore Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth is a great actor, and I really enjoyed the film. I have yet to see Iron Man II, but I did like the first one. Tony Stark = RD, JR. = amazing. Haven't seen The Hulk yet, but he was great in the Avengers. Definitely stole the show like Magni said, and it was great. As much as I squeed over Thor the entire movie, I laughed like an idiot when the Hulk punched him and Thor went ******** flying. The movie was really hilarious, mostly due to Mr. Stark and the Hulk. OH! Thor's line about Loki to the Black Widow was great, too... GREAT STUFF. Definitely gonna buy it once i have money sobbu once it comes out. 3nodding

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:52 pm
I have an idea. Let's do either a maid cafe or a haunted house ... oh wait cultural festival anime. Never mind that. 3x  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:42 pm
I'm all for haunted house.  

welian

Crew

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 am
we could be the haunts  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am
I - I wasn't being serious. I was merely poking at an anime cliche.  

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:24 am
A school during a cultural festival with Both a maid cafe and haunted house? :3

...School RP's seem to be able to be balanced for almost everyone's tastes...  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games