Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm
Dullahan?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 pm
I see. Well I suppose it's too late for I already started without using a skeleton.

DarkScarlettVixen, a Dullahan is a headless horseman.

Tanakietsu

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 pm
I thought all Dullahans were female (like Valkyries)  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 pm
I am unsure where you heard that from, there are several examples of male Dullahan in mythology. *shrug*  

Tanakietsu

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 pm
alright then, thanks for clearing that up for me  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 pm
Should I be typing up a RP for people to make characters for? -blinkblink-  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 am
Tanakietsu
I see. Well I suppose it's too late for I already started without using a skeleton.

DarkScarlettVixen, a Dullahan is a headless horseman.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up....I've only heard of one headless horseman and that's the one that plagued Sleepy Hollow  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 am
Wikipedia
The Irish dullahan (also Gan Ceann, meaning "without a head" in Irish) is a type of unseelie fairie. It is headless, usually seen riding a black horse and carrying his or her head under one arm. The head's eyes are massive and constantly dart about like flies, while the mouth is constantly in a hideous grin that touches both sides of the head. The flesh of the head is said to have the color and consistency of moldy cheese. The dullahan's whip is actually a human corpse's spine, and the wagons they sometimes use are made of similarly funereal objects (e.g. candles in skulls to light the way, the spokes of the wheels made from thigh bones, the wagon's covering made from a worm-chewn pall). When the dullahan stops riding, it is where a person is due to die. The dullahan calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish.
There is no way to bar the road against a dullahan—all locks and gates open on their own when it approaches. Also, they do not appreciate being watched while on their errands, throwing a basin of blood on those who dare to do so (often a mark that they are among the next to die), or even lashing out the watchers' eyes with their whips. Nonetheless, they are frightened of gold, and even a single gold pin can drive a dullahan away.

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 am
Grazie, Talon. :3

*shrug* Global mythology is a passion of mine. There are plenty of different types of of headless horsemen and Dullahan in the various regions of the world. I am particularly fond of the word Dullahan, though for no particular reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:51 pm
I've always adored the mythos of the Greek. The ideology, the creatures, everything. It just grabs my attention.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm
*Whistles merrily*  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:26 pm
Ack! I tried starting up an RP base and I can't do anything with it! It seems so bland, but I can't set my mind to fixing it! gonk

Edit: Ah! I think I've got it!  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 pm
It's like Goosey is an amazing princess and then she smashes it out of the park with awesome-tude. *big hug*  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 pm
-blinkblink-

Wha? How does that work? oAo

-Huggles-
Does it seem okay? Should I add more?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 pm
It seems fine. Though I, for one, shouldn't be who you ask for such things; I have been out of the loop for years.

And it works because I want it to? oMo

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games