Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:14 pm
*gluggles*
and as of may 11 i am officially aq graduate with a bfa in creative writing  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:28 am
Congrats to all recent graduates! Best of luck in the U.S. job market. burning_eyes ty not to get too disheartened!  

Electric Kool-Aid

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:44 am
Bachelor's level is the hardest to find jobs for at this point . . . the 'middle class' both economically and educationally is being destroyed. only unskilled and highly skilled individuals have a decent chance.

Part of why I am working on a Master's, and staying in school till I have a Doctorate.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:15 am
It's to be expected. *shrug of worlds* The middle class has such a fickle existence at a certain point.

I am excited to see what Sorellina's character will be like.

Tanakietsu

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:53 pm
Magic school roleplays are a b***h to plan out fully. Good thing I have a team this time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 pm
Every attempt I have made at running a RP has failed spectacularly . . .I only play.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 pm
I too only play, I do not plan or make role-plays. Though I do design some D&D campaigns.

*shies away onto the newly built Tana-loveseat with some freshly baked cookies*

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am
I have a bachelor's and I work two part-time jobs. A little less than $20,000 in debt and I'm just rat racing at this point. Thankfully I make better than minimum wage! I'm looking at Master's programs but I don't think I want a doctorate and a Masters will put me likely another $80,000 in debt with no hope of repayment as a public/highschool librarian...So yup, just spinning my wheels. Kids: Like the cake, it's a lie. Doing well in school gets you nowhere. In all honesty, apart from financially I'm in a good place. I love one of my jobs so that's good.

I cannot make rps, I'm just not good at running them.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 pm
I'm rusty at making RP's... -gestures to the one-
And since I haven't done it in so long, I'll be a bit slow getting it started, but since Tana's the only one with a profile in so far, I'm not -too- worried...  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm
*gluggles Goosey*

I thought you might have gotten lost in a worm hole or something. :S

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm
I personally loved the RP that was our last attempt at a mass RP . . . a heaven vs hell vs the remnants of humanity (Warhammer 40K style) . . . But there was infighting that just shot the RP down. Pity, I truly enjoyed playing the Celestial king as he was becoming corrupted with the horsemen of the apocalypse.

The way I see it, I'm already heavily in debt, and unless I get a damned good paying job, I have no hope of ever paying it back. Thus, medium education won't be enough. Yeah, its a mountain of debt, but it is also too late to turn back now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm
u___u

Need an exterminator for my school rp... that's part of the plot, I'd like to get one or two sometime this week.

welian

Crew

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm
Like an insect exterminator? ._.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:15 pm
I'm around, Tana-tan~
Getting sucked into some conventions stuff, sicknesses (one that involved alcohol), a wedding, and packing for my move...  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm
Tanakietsu
Like an insect exterminator? ._.

Like a monster exterminator. There's a infestation of flesh-eating ghouls underneath the school, the headmaster has hired exterminators to flush them out. If all goes according to plan, they'll find a statue that will come alive and attack them and that will kickstart the plot. :3

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games