Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] Questions and Comments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the newcomers thread before coming here?
  O.O Thread?? Oh shoot.. ::runs off::
  YEP!! ::nods proudly::
  I've noticed the many links.. but I'm too lazy. =.=
View Results

Queen Ismaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:25 pm
Kurai's avi ish female.
But Kurai nii-san ish a guy in real life 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:48 pm
Aha, thanks. Curiousity killed the cat, I know. Now I'm going to toddle off. Thanks for the help.  

Heavenly Runner

ginseku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 pm
ok, i have a question about the grade i was given during my star test. Im NOT asking you to change it. Nor anything else. All I ask is for someone to hear me out and understand something. When Kurai graded me, he said that I was unoriginal because i Used techniques from another anime. How is using material from another anime unoriginal? I mean, in the profiles section you have an entire section of alchemist majors! X-X;; you can just as easily claim alchemy to be unoriginal for copying it from fullmetal alchemist as you can claim ninjitsu techniques from Naruto! How can you say that im unoriginal for drawing from the great ideas of a good anime, from which so many people have drawn bit and pieces of their characters? Its like denying me half the fun of creativity! And just about every other major in here was thought of before they were posted as an ability in a prfoile! i mean come on! Ive been looking through profiles all day, and alot of them have ideas pulled from other animes! I even saw someone with "Dragon ball z techniques" as their main major! Dont try and tell me thats original!

past the random Rambling, i repeat my original question; Why is it unoriginal for me to use techniques from an anime? If so many other people can have anime copied abilities, why cant I?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:55 pm
This is why I didn't dock you points for borrowing from Naruto during your star test. In my opinion, everyone has been drawing their inspiration for their characters from one source or another, and I have no problems with that as long as the abilities are used creatively and roleplayed well. I myself have borrowed my character Rachel's power from Nico Robin from One Piece. Kurai, I suppose, has a different opinion of the matter, and would have liked to see more originality in planning what sort of character you would be playing. I'd wait for him to give his own response to this, but unfortunately, I would have to say personally that his opinion is his own, and that he is entitled to it. sad  

Misao
Crew

ginseku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:56 pm
and i thank you for doing that ^__^
you are right, he has his reasons. but id like to understand them before i continue to test until i reach a point were i can no longer gain stars because of his expectations.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:18 pm
Also totally understandable. I'd recommend PMing him as well to make sure he sees your post in this thread, just in case he doesn't check it himself for a few days and misses it.  

Misao
Crew

KuraiGekkou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:28 pm
User ImageThis can be easily answered.

I hate unorignal RP moves. 3nodding

Don't get me wrong. Im all in for Anime 'inspiried moves' but when its clearly ripped.

Thats just stupid 3nodding

07.09.06 heart
[ K ][ u ][ r ][ a ][ i ][ & ][ P ][ i ][ ~ ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:59 am
THAT I can understand and respect. Thank you for telling me. Ill try to change some things. But at least let me stick to the fact that some moves may uncannily resemble moves from that anime, because my character has mentally registered them due to his bloodline ability. But other than that, Ill try to use a lil bit more originality. And my other 4 characters alot more whee  

ginseku

KuraiGekkou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:27 am
User Image Thank you for understanding. 3nodding

I have had bad experiences with unorignal RPiers. It just sorta... kills.. the orignal Anime when you see somone use your favorite anime moves DX.

I look forward to learning more about Naruto from your character i suppose 3nodding the many bloodlines and clans do interest me so. but i couldnt stand watching the show gonk

07.09.06 heart
[ K ][ u ][ r ][ a ][ i ][ & ][ P ][ i ][ ~ ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Ill be sure to use the bloodlines as many times as I can. So you can see. ^_^  

ginseku

Heavenly Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:23 pm
This isn't a question (for once!) just a heads up...my internet is being cancelled, and I'm so sorry! I'm going to do everything I can to be on and catch up with you all, but not near as often as I have been. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:25 pm
where do you make a character???!  

The Emo Graduate

Mama Ame
Crew

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:25 pm
First, go to sub thread called "Profiles and Records"
Next Click In-depth character profile, or 2nd character profile depending on if you are making your main character or side character.
When you go into here, copy and paste the character questions, answering them however you want and wala! Theres your character.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:02 am
Um about the cherry blossom picnic, I got an pm about it, but when is it being held again? I lost it sweatdrop  

~Your Dreams Afterglow~

99th Fallen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:03 am
It starts August 16th I believe and ends on the 30th

I think that's what the PM said >.>

~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games