Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 pm
Especially if it doesn't start a shitstorm.

User Image I feel like I'm watching a tennis match.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 pm
I. So basically, you're contradicting yourself. On one hand, you just said in your last post that you agree with me that RE's gameplay wasn't broke, and didn't need to be fixed. But now you're basically telling me that it was broke; that it was getting stale, and they had to breathe new life into the series. And either way, that's not quite the same. You replace a car engine, and that car is still going to drive and handle the exact same way it did before. You replace the batteries of an electronic device, and the buttons on electronic device are going to do the exact same thing that they did before, in the exact same manner. This is not the case with RE4. RE4 didn't just change the batteries. It changed the wiring, the button layout, and the function of the device itself.

II. Well, you should be happy then. Sam Raimi is planning on making a new Evil Dead, but no Bruce Campbell this time. And your argument about Evil Dead falls flat. Seriously, Evil Dead wasn't much of a cult phenomenon until it went Horror/Comedy with Evil Dead 2, which continued into Army of Darkness which is pretty much Adventure/Comedy. Pretty much any Evil Dead fan you talk to is either a fan of Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness. Very few hold the original high on the list, because Ash's character hadn't developed at all yet. And let's face it, he's pretty much what makes the movies so good. An you call Evil Dead pure, unadulterated horror? rofl Okay, dude. Overly-hysterical? I don't think so. Just trying to illustrate a point in a colorful manner. If you took it as that, I'm sorry. But no, it's not like I'm over here screaming at my laptop or anything. I think the best example I used was the Stars Wars one. Now you got this whole lore and mythos surrounding the Star Wars universe. Okay, so let's say we got Star Wars, and The Empire Strikes Back. And then when you go to see the third Star Wars movie, here comes STAR WARS splashed across the screen, and the text intro starts out, "The Empire was destroyed, and now there's a new threat to intergalactic peace, yadda, yadda...." And then the story is completely different, and there's no Jedis or Stormtroopers anymore. Basically, they are throwing out the established storyline that their fans had been following this whole entire time in favor of something completely different before they even finished the story arc of the original trilogy. So now you're just left there to speculate how exactly the Empire was taken down. Now, do you think that wouldn't cause a huge outcry amongst Star Wars' die hard fans? They are basically taking the foundation of what the series was built upon and throwing it out the window. That's exactly what they've done with RE, and that's the best analogy I can think of to give you. RE4 did not deliver the jumps that the original RE's gave me. Not that any of the RE's ever scared me. That said, I've already said on numerous occasions that, to me, the new gameplay itself is not such a huge deal. I like the new gameplay. I miss the old stuff, but I could live with the change. That's not what burns my tits, baby. It was what they did with the story that they had established since the beginning, that I was quite into, and was following closely. And no, I wasn't a fan of the cult and the LotR cave trolls either. Intriguing storyline? You're joking, right?

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US: Old memes are old.

Games series that I consider action adventure...? Uhh, I don't know. I guess I would consider stuff like Shadow of the Colossus, Mark of Kri, God of War, Rygar, Shinobi, etc. as Action-Adventure.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm
I. Contradicting myself? rolleyes Okkk. So, if you run out of batteries, that means the device is broken? Have you ever noticed that electronic devices work better with new batteries in them? Or that a new engine allows a car to run smoother? Like new. Well getting off that, a series doesn't have to be broken for it to have new life breathed into it. Being stale and being broken are two different things. Since I have conceded to the fact that it is more Action-Horror then Survival-Horror, I say it has only slightly altered the wiring.

II. Hahahaha, you make me laugh. I've been keeping up with that whole Evil Dead remake rumor since 2006. Ain't happening yet dude, and not anytime soon by the looks of it. After Drag Me to Hell, there's going to be Spider man 4 and 5 to worry about. Evil Dead has been a cult phenomenon since it was banned from theaters back in 81. Thank you very much, friend, but I am a hardcore original Evil Dead fan, and not pretty much every fan you'd talk to is just for Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Go to more horror conventions, my friend. You'd see it would be a triple decision on the matter. Just because Bruce baby wasn't a bad a** in the first doesn't mean they don't worship it like 2 and AoD. Okkkk. So, Evil Dead isn't pure, unadulterated horror. rofl And you laugh at me like I'm delusional. But maybe you're right. Evil Dead was more like BAT-s**t OFF THE WALL CRAZY TRAIN HORROR! Wooh! You know your Resident Evil, I know my Evil Dead thank you. Let's leave it at that. Actually, you were acting a little hysterical dude. Sure, you weren't screaming on your laptop, but you did type a weird Link fighting aliens rant fest. I'm not saying anything about Star Wars because I've only seen one of them and could care less about the series. The story was intriguing for me, and that's all I say on the matter. Opinions, opinions.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US: Made me laugh. Oh well, can't knock 'em all dead...Get a sense of humor? Let me ask, what would make you laugh?

Those are good examples of action adventure games. As much so as Legend of Zelda.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm
Little off topic, remember the grand feeling in Resident Evil 2 exploring the halls of the RPD building and searching the STARS office. Going around snooping at everyone's desk? Then ending up at Rebecca's and hitting the action button like 50x to get a first aid can. Oh man, the wonderful memories. Ok, didn't mean to catch anyone off topic. Just had a minor episode of déjà vu. Oh, the good times.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:19 pm
MM-212 Beta
Little off topic, remember the grand feeling in Resident Evil 2 exploring the halls of the RPD building and searching the STARS office. Going around snooping at everyone's desk? Then ending up at Rebecca's and hitting the action button like 50x to get a first aid can. Oh man, the wonderful memories. Ok, didn't mean to catch anyone off topic. Just had a minor episode of déjà vu. Oh, the good times.

Wait a second, I thought you simply got the first aid spray by checking the boxes by her desk. I know you had to check Wesker's desk over 50 times to find that picture of Rebecca... Did you get them confused?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:46 am
Woowhee this sure blew up...here are some more thoughts:

Some possiblilities I think other than just change coulda been simply the decision to either satisfy the fan base or appeal to the new generation of gamers...or they paid too much attention and effort on just upping their graphics engines and felt the usual gameplay would be a waste of this upgrade. Maybe there were also many fans that wanted to feel more involved in the RE world. I mean I wish they didn't do it either I loved the old series, but RE4 put the series back in the spot light where the others failed...its just not the kind we like ><

Zelda's Ive known as action-adventure...you don't gain exp, not much character customisation and you hardly ever get to make choices as a character...Fallout 3 has all this so ofcourse it's rpg >.>

last note: Capcom is not all that smart we know this, I mean Sonic...they're still beating on that horses long time rotting carcas...  

Belbecat

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:05 am
Yeah, but.. You don't level up in Diablo either, do you? It's still an RPG.

And like in any RPG, Zelda has this: You go to towns, talk to people, do quests for them to get valuable items. Then you go to dungeons, explore them, etc. etc.

And you do get to increase Link's health, magic meter, etc. That's in a way leveling up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:05 am
*long, exasperated sigh...*

Stranger to Paradise
I. Contradicting myself? rolleyes Okkk. So, if you run out of batteries, that means the device is broken? Have you ever noticed that electronic devices work better with new batteries in them? Or that a new engine allows a car to run smoother? Like new. Well getting off that, a series doesn't have to be broken for it to have new life breathed into it. Being stale and being broken are two different things. Since I have conceded to the fact that it is more Action-Horror then Survival-Horror, I say it has only slightly altered the wiring.

Why don't you try go back and reading my posts? Now you're taking metaphors and analogies, and transforming them into literal terms in your own mind. Perhaps you should try increasing your attention span? Perhaps it's too much of that RE4 rotting your brain. But since I must elaborate, let me go back and spell it all out for you all over again, so you can understand:

In regards to RE's gameplay, I used the age old expression: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Meaning that the gameplay was fine the way it was, and there was no need for a change.

This is what you said in response:

"Resident Evil was never broke, as I believe you will concur. There was nothing that needed to be fixed: the game play was fun and fulfilling. The plot was intriguing as well. Now, just because a game is not broke doesn't mean you cannot re-gear it. I personally think the tweaks made is beyond your statement of it being like Doom transitioning from Shooter to Turn Based RPG."

Well, since 're-gear' isn't a word, and you followed it with the word 'tweaks', I took it that you meant something along those lines. And as I already stated, that's not what RE4 did. RE4 didn't 'tweak' the gameplay, it completely changed it.

And that's when you told me I was misunderstanding you, and gave me your interpretation of the term:

To showcase my interpretation, let me use the simple example of replacing batteries (The same can work with a car's engine, which is what I was originally going to display). An electronic device will work fine as long as it has battery power, but when those batteries run out, you'll have to eventually replace them. When you do, the device runs anew in the same manner of fashion it always has, 'cept with new batteries.

So... your analogy, in context to the classic RE-style gameplay is that it ran out of power, and was no longer functioning properly, so the metaphorical 'batteries' needed to be replaced. Now what do you call an electronic device that no longer functions? BROKEN! It needed to be fixed; the batteries needed to be replaced. How have you not contradicted yourself here? Explain it to me.

Your analogy is a bad one, and it's even not any different to my 'interpretation' of 're-gear'. It'd be the same thing if you used the car engine as an example. You're basically saying a part was wearing down and needed to be replaced or fixed. Well that analogy would work with tweaks and enhancements that were made to the old gameplay such as the auto-aim, defensive weapons, dodge, etc. Because all it was doing was replacing a PART of that device; replacing a PART of that gameplay. So, are you getting this? That's replacing the engine of a car in order to make that car run smoother; that's replacing the batteries of an electronic device in order to make it run like new. That's not what RE4 did. RE4 bought a whole new ********' car.

Stranger to Paradise
II. Hahahaha, you make me laugh. I've been keeping up with that whole Evil Dead remake rumor since 2006. Ain't happening yet dude, and not anytime soon by the looks of it. After Drag Me to Hell, there's going to be Spider man 4 and 5 to worry about. Evil Dead has been a cult phenomenon since it was banned from theaters back in 81. Thank you very much, friend, but I am a hardcore original Evil Dead fan, and not pretty much every fan you'd talk to is just for Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Go to more horror conventions, my friend. You'd see it would be a triple decision on the matter. Just because Bruce baby wasn't a bad a** in the first doesn't mean they don't worship it like 2 and AoD. Okkkk. So, Evil Dead isn't pure, unadulterated horror. rofl And you laugh at me like I'm delusional. But maybe you're right. Evil Dead was more like BAT-s**t OFF THE WALL CRAZY TRAIN HORROR! Wooh! You know your Resident Evil, I know my Evil Dead thank you. Let's leave it at that. Actually, you were acting a little hysterical dude. Sure, you weren't screaming on your laptop, but you did type a weird Link fighting aliens rant fest. I'm not saying anything about Star Wars because I've only seen one of them and could care less about the series. The story was intriguing for me, and that's all I say on the matter. Opinions, opinions.

Hahahaha, you make me laugh too. Well, I only heard about it when somebody offhandedly mentioned it in conversation. I haven't been reading up on it or anything. As far as I'm concerned, Evil Dead has been over with for a long time. I have all three special editions of the movies, some of the games, and that's as far as my fandom goes. I don't hit up horror forums, but I'm sure some hardcore horror fans love the first one. Personally, I find it to be the weakest link. And most fans I have ever encountered seem to think the same. Because, really, ED1 is the only true horror movie out of the whole bunch. But it's not scary. It's actually pretty laughable. Opinions, opinions. A rant fest? I was trying to give you an analogy that would make you understand where I was coming from. The Star Wars analogy was the best I could come up with. But of course, you live under a rock, and haven't seen the original trilogy. Regardless, It still works. The point I'm trying to illustrate remains. I will try to explain this to you one more time only:

The Resident Evil series had always revolved around the exploits of the main series protagonists against the evil, faceless Umbrella corporation. This is what the series started as, what it was founded on, and what it continued to be for a very long time, throughout many sequels over many years. Each subsequent installment of the series was building upon this foundation, and crescendoing to the climax, or finale, which was no doubt going to be the final epic battle of our surviving heroes against the Umbrella corporation at their main headquarters. In the midst of all this are many different character arcs and plot threads being created and left open for further sequels. Then comes RE4, which basically explains at the very beginning of the game that the very climax that they had been building towards and hyping up for so long, over so many years, had already happened. The ultimate goal of the main characters in the story had already been achieved. And it all happened off-screen. We were not a part of it; we didn't even get to see it. So every RE game that we, as RE veterans, had played up until that point, and the main goal that we had been working towards since the birth of the series had ultimately lead to the biggest anti-climatic shitbomb in the history of gaming. And now, after dropping that bomb on you, here's something completely different. Hope you enjoy. And now we have all these unresolved plot threads from the previous story just left there hanging. To call this a sloppy, inconsiderate move is an understatement.

Every story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. We never got our ending. It was thrown out the window and replaced; replaced with something we didn't want, and never asked for. We didn't sign up for cave trolls and Las Plagas; we signed up for another Resident Evil game.

It's like if you were playing through this huge, epic RPG, and you were enthralled with the story, and after months and months of playing and working towards the epic climax, you suddenly get a black screen that tells you the final battle already happened, and then you find yourself playing an FPS game with an entirely different story. If this can't make you understand where all the contempt for RE4 springs from, I don't know what will.

Stranger to Paradise
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US: Made me laugh. Oh well, can't knock 'em all dead...Get a sense of humor? Let me ask, what would make you laugh?

Those are good examples of action adventure games. As much so as Legend of Zelda.

Dude, I'm sorry I didn't laugh at a meme that I've seen a billion trillion ********' times that's older than the dinosaurs. What would make me laugh? I don't know. Something funny, I guess.

Whatever.  

Thee Stranger

Belbecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:19 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but.. You don't level up in Diablo either, do you? It's still an RPG.

And like in any RPG, Zelda has this: You go to towns, talk to people, do quests for them to get valuable items. Then you go to dungeons, explore them, etc. etc.

And you do get to increase Link's health, magic meter, etc. That's in a way leveling up.

You gain lvls in all the Diablos...and have skill points you can allocate...
Eh whatever I just wouldn't call RE4 an rpg either, short of that dog you could either choose to save or no haha... rolleyes

Oh totally agree about the epic fail of us missing out on the demise of Umbrella, that was just plain FAIL to the max.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:26 am
Damn Stranger, long post is long. eek  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am
Now you're taking metaphors and analogies, and transforming them into literal terms in your own mind. Perhaps you should try increasing your attention span? Perhaps it's too much of that RE4 rotting your brain. But since I must elaborate, let me go back and spell it all out for you all over again, so you can understand

That is pretty sad. My metaphors and analogies were put into to place just so I could better illustrate and simplify my point to one who over comprehends every annotation such as yourself. Now, allow myself to elaborate on the matter which you just cant seem to discern.

In regards to RE's gameplay, I used the age old expression: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Meaning that the gameplay was fine the way it was, and there was no need for a change.

I took auto class as an elective in high school. If you did too, then you might understand this.You can always replace a car's engine dude, even if it's nowhere near breaking down. It's called altering, improvement for better handling for a car that was handling like an old beater (stale) since it ran it's miles. Now it runs like new, but look at that, same car.

Well, since 're-gear' isn't a word, and you followed it with the word 'tweaks', I took it that you meant something along those lines. And as I already stated, that's not what RE4 did. RE4 didn't 'tweak' the gameplay, it completely changed it.

And that's when you told me I was misunderstanding you, and gave me your interpretation of the term:

My friend, first of all, you should know that "re-" is a precedent and can be placed before any word to indicate that what you want do with it is to refurbish it, hence, re-gear meaning to gear (assemble) it again. That being said, I realize I should have taken out the - to make it less confusing (I know even then it still wouldn't be an official word), but the fact that you couldn't conceive what I was trying to assert is incredulous. Let's look at "tweaks" now. Of course, a tweak is a minor change made to something. Looking at the instance I used the word, I wasn't just talking about the game play, but the game as a whole. And in the eyes of many, the type of game change from Survival-Horror to Action-Horror is considered to be a tweak, especially if the mass majority (Or RE4 noobs such as the actual game designers) still believe it to be survival horror, friend. Can you interpret that now? God, I hope so. I don't think I could simplify it anymore then that.

So... your analogy, in context to the classic RE-style gameplay is that it ran out of power, and was no longer functioning properly, so the metaphorical 'batteries' needed to be replaced. Now what do you call an electronic device that no longer functions? BROKEN! It needed to be fixed; the batteries needed to be replaced. How have you not contradicted yourself here? Explain it to me.

Explain I shall. Would anybody in their right effing mind call an electronic device that isn't functioning because it ran out of batteries BROKEN? (If you want, I'll ask that question in the Grill, and if dry batteries is considered to be broken, I'll shut my mouth on the subject.) That is just being ignorant. It did not bust, it got stale, friend, which is why the change occurred in the first place.

Your analogy is a bad one, and it's even not any different to my 'interpretation' of 're-gear'. It'd be the same thing if you used the car engine as an example. You're basically saying a part was wearing down and needed to be replaced or fixed. Well that analogy would work with tweaks and enhancements that were made to the old gameplay such as the auto-aim, defensive weapons, dodge, etc. Because all it was doing was replacing a PART of that device; replacing a PART of that gameplay. So, are you getting this? That's replacing the engine of a car in order to make that car run smoother; that's replacing the batteries of an electronic device in order to make it run like new. That's not what RE4 did. RE4 bought a whole new ********' car.

I just presented the logic which made this whole effing paragraph a waste of time.

Next.

Hahahaha, you make me laugh too. Well, I only heard about it when somebody offhandedly mentioned it in conversation. I haven't been reading up on it or anything. As far as I'm concerned, Evil Dead has been over with for a long time. I have all three special editions of the movies, some of the games, and that's as far as my fandom goes. I don't hit up horror forums, but I'm sure some hardcore horror fans love the first one. Personally, I find it to be the weakest link. And most fans I have ever encountered seem to think the same. Because, really, ED1 is the only true horror movie out of the whole bunch. But it's not scary. It's actually pretty laughable. Opinions, opinions.

Hahahahaha, your laughing made me laugh.

Don't claim facts you've heard that you're not even sure about. I got in trouble for that with you, so don't be a hypocrite.

Once again, go to more horror conventions to witness the fact that it is a triple decision on the take. And ESPECIALLY since it is the only true horror movie out of the bunch makes it as worshiped as much as the two "stronger linked" sequels.

I'm not going to rag your opinions on Evil Dead. I will respect it, as much as I hope you respect mine.

A rant fest? I was trying to give you an analogy that would make you understand where I was coming from. The Star Wars analogy was the best I could come up with. But of course, you live under a rock, and haven't seen the original trilogy. Regardless, It still works. The point I'm trying to illustrate remains. I will try to explain this to you one more time only

A very hysterical, rant fest like analogy.

But of course. Is there something wrong with me only seeing one of the movies and not liking what I saw enough to continue watching the rest? Living under a rock? For this certain case, sure, but I'm probably more informed about movies then you'll ever be. Whoopdedoo, one god damn exception to the fact. So what. Sure it will work, even though you did reveal some info of the saga I did not know about. But just for that, I'm going to go watch the damn movies now, to make better sense of it all...Not really. Please, explain it to me one more time, for I shall do the same.

The Resident Evil series had always revolved around the exploits of the main series protagonists against the evil, faceless Umbrella corporation. This is what the series started as, what it was founded on, and what it continued to be for a very long time, throughout many sequels over many years. Each subsequent installment of the series was building upon this foundation, and crescendoing to the climax, or finale, which was no doubt going to be the final epic battle of our surviving heroes against the Umbrella corporation at their main headquarters. In the midst of all this are many different character arcs and plot threads being created and left open for further sequels. Then comes RE4, which basically explains at the very beginning of the game that the very climax that they had been building towards and hyping up for so long, over so many years had already happened. The ultimate goal of the main characters in the story had already been achieved. And it all happened off-screen. We were not a part of it; we didn't even get to see it. So every RE game that we, as RE veterans, had played up until that point, and the main goal that we had been working towards since the birth of the series had ultimately lead to the biggest anti-climatic shitbomb in the history of gaming. And now, after dropping that bomb on you, here's something completely different. Hope you enjoy. And now we have all these unresolved plot threads from the previous story just left there hanging. To call this a sloppy, inconsiderate move is an understatement.

No doubt. The ending does sound very appetizing. Oh yeah, it was a sure deal that the main characters were to go to the H.Q. and take on the evil corporation that is Umbrella. Oh yeah, it was a sure deal that we were supposed to witness the end, since we knew exactly what it was supposed to be building up to. Oh yeah, it was a sure deal that the characters still wanted to get involved with the whole affair because we knew they were good guys and wanted to take down that mother effing faceless sunuvabitch who ran the whole operation. Oh yeah, it was a sure deal since it was RE that somehow our heroes would bust into H.Q. and have to fight zombies and B.O.W.s, prevailing to take down the old fogeys who ran the entire course. Oh yeah, it was a sure deal...Oh, wait. I guess it didn't go in that direction. I guess we didn't know how it was supposed to be played out, and now that the new game is here to derive from what we know was supposed to happen it wont become reality. Since the new game is here, we now KNOW FOR AN EFFING FACT where they're going to take this, and that we won't get our final desired battle happy ending after all. Because we know the most logical course to take it, because it's our game, and we want it that way. Oh yeah, it's a sure deal.

Every story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. We never got our ending. It was thrown out the window and replaced; replaced with something we didn't want, and never asked for. We didn't sign up for cave trolls and Las Plagas; we signed up for another Resident Evil game.

Have you ever ONCE considered that RE4 and RE5 still might be the middle, and the end is still a ways from being nigh? Have you ever ONCE considered that they might bring zombies back, even if the Plagas are involved? Or even Umbrella for that matter? The characters you know and love are still involved, so who's to know what will happen in the end? Oh, but of course: Because everything is a sure deal, oh yeah.

It's like if you were playing through this huge, epic RPG, and you were enthralled with the story, and after months and months of playing and working towards the epic climax, you suddenly get a black screen that tells you the final battle already happened, and then you find yourself playing an FPS game with an entirely different story. If this can't make you understand where all the contempt for RE4 springs from, I don't know what will.

I completely understand. Because the end for sure did happen. Umbrella and the goons behind it are gone forever, for we know. We know. Sure deal.

But seriously, I do understand. Would it make you happy though if they do go in the direction (plot-wise) you wanted it to go but with the new/updated game play? Because you never know. I don't like anyone to make presumptions, cause we can never tell how it will pan out.

Whateva. I do what I want.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Have you ever ONCE considered that RE4 and RE5 still might be the middle, and the end is still a ways from being nigh? Have you ever ONCE considered that they might bring zombies back, even if the Plagas are involved? Or even Umbrella for that matter? The characters you know and love are still involved, so who's to know what will happen in the end? Oh, but of course: Because everything is a sure deal, oh yeah.

Except... We don't love those characters anymore, because in adition to cave trolls and the Gollum sounding Salazar (Resident Smeagol?) mucking up the entire Resident Evil mythology, mucking up the entire RE universe as we know it, there's also the matter of them ruining some of the best characters. Like they did with Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles, or Leon in RE4. So where are those characters that we know and love? Because that's not them.

They could go back to the zombies and Umbrella all they want, but as long as they acknowledge the existence of Las Plagas, the events of RE4, etc, I want no part of it.
Don't you get it? It's not purely about gameplay features. It would be if I wanted a zombie survival horror game and didn't give a crap about the storyline. But I do give a crap about the storyline. And it's been forever tarnished. The storyline, the Resident Evil universe that I fell in love with has been raped so hard that it's in a coma. And if it ever wakes up from that coma, it'll still be emotionally scarred for life. It will never be even close to what it once was. And I don't want to know it in any other way.

Resident Evil sucks now. Period.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:05 pm
As I was just saying, I know it's not about game play features. It's actually really mostly about the story. But no one wants to comprehend that it can go on and give you exactly what you want. Everyone presumes too much. Never presume until the end finally comes. And whether you like it or not, with the new games here, it's establishing that the characters were always like they were or were bound to be. So if you don't like Leon now, then you might not like Leon in 2 anymore because it's the same person. Same with Wesker, and so on and so forth. If it's how the makers intended him to be, then I'm sorry you only like the character for a certain period of the established series. I feel for you, but I won't go against what was intended to be because it's not what I wanted. And at least the parasites were more original then the alien/demon crap being spewed out repeatedly today. Saying it will never be even close to what it once was is also a presumption. Then again, since you're more of a hardcore fan of the series then I, it would probably effect you more. I'll leave your emotional tendencies alone 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Give me what I want? What I want is for Las Plagas, and the events of RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles to not be canon... And I really don't think they're gonna abandon it, like so many sad people are still hoping they would. I'm just being realistic, by saying that Resident Evil will never again give me what I want.

And again, you're being sheepish by saying, "Capcom said so, so I'm just gonna accept it and love it." Why? They can do whatever the hell they want with the series, yes, it's theirs. But that doesn't mean that I have to accept it, play it, like it.
Yes, I love RE1, 2 and 3 and always will. But no, as far as I'm concerned Wesker in RE1 is not the same Wesker as in the ever crappy UC. Nor Leon in RE4. It's that simple, if I don't acknowledge those crappy games, then it really doesn't matter how badly Capcom wants to portray the characters.
They don't satisfy me, so I'm done with the series, instead of grinding through another 20 agonizing hours of an inbred child of Devil May Cry and Resident Evil--which is what RE5 is looking to be like--I don't acknowledge it. And as far as I'm concerned, nothing that came out since RE4 is even remotely canon.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 pm
Then I forgot, why are we having this argument in the first place?

Capcom said so, so I'm just gonna accept it and love it because I guess our tastes are ultimately different. I like it, and you don't. There's no more reason to argue over the matter then, if it's once again just a matter of personal preferences. I'll admit I'm a part of the sad hopeful, but I've been surprised before by not presuming. Well, in that case:

Thee Stranger, please don't type a retaliation (Or go ahead, I don't care), for I won't read it. Because I concede...again. This time though, not by lack of knowledge, but because it is totally pointless to argue over the subject anyways. So discount anything I previously wrote (I also don't want to type that much again...Took me an hour). EXCEPT for one:

Does anyone here consider that an electronic device that doesn't function properly because it has no batteries in it be broken? If it's a majority for yes, then I'll concede to that as well.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games