Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Karaneshii ^The Obscured Clan^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 172 173 174 175 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsel_lilas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:29 pm

She sat down beside her plant, shaking her head at Vincent's earlier question, no the plant wouldn't eat anyone...it just had a very poisonous smoke when anyone/thing threatened it and whatever it was guarding. Otherwise the plant was sweet, yet still preotective. The moment she sat down and settled into a comfortable position she curled up and fell asleep. She needed it, and not just her magic, but her body too.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:41 pm

The room was dark, pitch black except for a small stream of light coming from a tiny crack in the wall. Vincent came to and shook his head. He looked around the room but he couldnt see anything for it was so dark. He tried to move, chains rattled and pulled taunt agaisnt his bare skin. The chains were icy cold and why he only had his boxers on he didnt know. He shook his head and tried to move again. The chains went taunt once again bruising his skin. He clenched his teeth in pain.

Why was he here? Had they finally captured him? Was this it? Was this the end. He could taste his blood in his mouth. And he couldnt feel his mask on his face. Come to think of it he couldnt feel his legs either! Suddenly a light was turned on and the brightness from it blinded him for a few moments. He heard footsteps coming towards him. His eyes focused and he looked down. After he had looked down he wished he hadnt.

To his horror his legs had been severed off at the knee and sowed back up. Before he had time to freak he felt a hand on his head. The hand forced his head back and he felt a knife glide across his throat.

Vincent woke up with a scream, his hand instantly going to his throat as he looked down at his legs. Oh god not that dream again.. It was just a dream. He thought to himself his heart racing. He had had that dream and others like it several times. Only until recently had these dreams intesfied to where everything in the dream felt so real.

Valkyrie Nightshade
Crew

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:26 pm

((I guess the pebble didn't hit anyone ^^; ))
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:28 pm

((probably not xd ))

Marsel_lilas
Crew

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:39 pm

At the sound of the scream, Xi snapped back to reality. She was on her feet in a second, and a daggar was already in her hand. Quickly realizing that nothing had changed from before other than Vincent looking like all hell had broken loose, she slipped the daggar back into whatever concealed sheathe she had drawn it from. Then again, Vincent probably wouldn't have had the same reaction at all if hell broke loose...was he that sort of demon? Or did it have something to do with his secretive manner about his past...Who knew.

Anyhow, Xi walked carefully over to where Vincent was on the ground. She gave one quick scan of the yard again, but everything seemed to be well in order.

"I didn't know demons did the whole 'screaming bloody murder out of sheer terror' thing...But I have a feeling that inquiring as to why they might be driven to do so would be pushing beyond the barriers of your whole secrecy thing. Ever think that maybe if someone knew what the hell was going on they would be able to help?"
She twitched her eye as she returned to sitting cross-legged on the ground, in front of Vincent. That had given her quite the splitting headache...not as if it was ear-piercing, but it sure was loud. Xi really didn't expect to be told anything anyway, but it usually didn't hurt to ask...and even if it did, she had a feeling he wasn't exactly up to inflicting any demonic judgement or whatever at the moment...

((Getting kicked off the computer for now. Lovely post to balance out the 'romance novel', Diagon. Be back sometime later-ish.))
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:53 pm

((Lol you dont like the post? I got an urge to do a Saw post ^^))

Vincent calmed and looked to Xi who had sat down in front of him. Her words and question made him spill everything.

"I dont think many people can help me. Besides it was just a dream.. Or rather nightmare. Im sorry if i woke you, or scared you. And normaly i dont scream out, but when youre nightmare is of youre worst fears coming true then its kind of hard not to scream."

He paused and took a breath.

"Because of what ive done in my past. Ive had a price on my head for sometime. Ive escaped my own death several times. However recently a bounty hunter named Ripps came and found me. The price on my head had gone up to 22 million. Yeah i know its alot... But anyways Campbridge and Cadwallander came to save me, however Cad got left behind."

He shook his head.

"The dream ive had it before this one i was chained to a chair in a dark room. The taste of my own blood in my mouth and my mask was off. A light came and i looked down to see my legs had been sawed off above the knee and sewn shut. Then i felt someone slit my throat. It all felt all too real so forgive me for my scream."

Valkyrie Nightshade
Crew

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Marsel_lilas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:51 pm

Caly had woken up at the scream, her whle body jerking, but she managed to remain quiet herself and just listened; someone had gone to the screamer and it was then that she realized it was Vincent. She sat back up, not recalling she had laid down and curled up in the first place and then looked in the direction of Vincent. SHe noticed someone else was over there and tenjust listened to what they were saying...

He was fine, she decided after a couple of minutes, but she wanted to see him smile...even in the dark. So rising to her feet she plucked something from the collection of the few flowers that had sprouted from her powers around her adn then gracefully and silentlywalked over.

"Nightmares are always bad, but here, something good to make it better." she handed him the simple blue daisy, giving him a warm reassuring smile.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:52 pm

((No, that wasn't sarcasm! I mean it, it's surprising how quick you go from heart to burning_eyes . Melikes. Oh, and Saw was pretty sick...now I see the similarities.))

Xi sighed, a bitter taste left in her own mouth from the thought of living through something like that- even in a dream. A scream like that wouldn't come from just a normal dream, and this could be serious for Vincent. She looked back up at the quickly darkening sky once more.

"You didn't scare me, don't worry. If there was anything for me to be afraid of I would have been well prepared to hack it to little bits...my enemies don't usually pop up in my dreams. Or other people's."

A cloudy look came over her face, but she grimaced and it quickly faded away. She rubbed her acheing temples and tried to get her thoughts straight. Get involved, and possibly get into some deep trouble. Don't get involved, and face death from sheer and utter boredom. Then again, she figured it would be up to Vincent...he didn't seem to like it when other people asked questions, let alone tried to help. But Xi didn't feel like just sitting around anymore.

"Ripps, eh? Never heard of her. Which is surprising, considering the amount of bounty hunters I've dealt with. No matter, the thing is, I'm going to get you out of this. This is the sort of thing I do...not necesarilly applying it to help people most of the time, but let's face it- I've run out of stuff to do. Mind having an extra hand?"

Regardless of what Vincent said, one of three things were going to happen. He would agree and Xi would have some work to do, he would decline and she would keep an eye on him anyway until he decided that bounty hunters aren't the most fun people to deal with after several decades or whatnot, or he would decline and Xi would eventually convince him to let her in on what was going on anyway. The possibility of her not getting her way was small in her mind, considering that she usually made sure she did.

Xi looked over at the other girl who had come over, smiling a little bit. Leave it to a lousy flower to snap her out of her semi-imposing offer of help.
"That's true...they're always bad. Some worse than others...but if you think of it this way, usually they're only in your head. And usually you can learn from them. Take the events, anylize, and utilize. And blue daisies help too, I guess."

((Sorry if I wind up rambling about this...not exactly sure where I'm going. Thing is, Xi has very little back-plot that can be carried over into this setting, so I'm sort of latching on to yours. Attempting to get involved x.x Just give Xi some harsh talk if you don't want me to and her ambition will just, like...die.
^^; ))

..Luaxanna..

Valkyrie Nightshade
Crew

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:08 pm

((lol you two are funny and cute ^^ Oh and Caly he has his mask on still so even if he smiles you wont see it unless you take off the mask.. ))

Vincent smiled at Caly and Xi, of course his mask hid his expression. He gently took the blue daisy from Caly and thanked her.
He turned to Xi and said.

"Ripps was actually the nicest boutny hunter ive come across. So truely i have no beef with her at all. Its the person who's putting the price on my head who i fear. But i cant really blame them i dont have past im proud of. You can help if you want, but i have to warn you you could get killed or worse. If you get involved with me. Campbridge has already excepted that fate so i know ill at least have his help. Really i probably should just turn myself in...."
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:33 pm

((how are we funny and cute? I'm naturally like this *grins*))

Caly smiled at him, but wandered away back to her plants, knowing that seomtimes others wanted to be alone after they had a fright....besides, he alreayd had someone to talk to; she wasn't needed. At least not for now.

She watched the darkening sky and kenw that she should probably get some more sleep and being outside would help in 1)replenishing some of her stores, 2)and being outside made her feel better anyway. So she went back to the green patch and curled back up next to Poison. She told it she was going to sleep adn keep watch.

Marsel_lilas
Crew

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm

((Yay ^^ so maybe Xi isn't quite as undeveloped a character as I thought! Thanks :3))

Looking at the other girl as she went back to the plants, Xi shrugged. That was a story she would have to extract later on. A smirk appeared on Xi's face. Time to get back in action then...getting killed or worse was a risk she would be willing to take and then beat down into the ground.

"Now, now then Vincent, don't think of turning yourself in. That would defeat the purpose of having people on your side. Besides, Campbridge would...oh who the hell knows what he would do. Oh, and that also explains why I've never heard of Ripps...they sent all the nasty ones after me...Considering that this Ripps doesn't seem to be particularly committed to her employer's cause, she's either very smart or she shouldn't pose much of a threat to you. That might change, but who knows. What I'm interested in is exactly what you did that is so horribly shameful and has some creep offering quite a sack of coins to whoever snags you?"

Xi laughed to herself a little bit, something stirred up inside of her that hadn't been there in a while. She was talking more recklessly, and she was starting to get into this...everything was just about to get interesting. She spoke out loud, perfectly clear, but she was talking to herself...

"Heh...a six-foot-plus demon running from a kindly bounty hunter, with a recently found crush...who possibly has a few kinks in his head if you ask me...a girl with an awful lot of plants, the owner of a ramshackle old headquarters, and...well....me. This is gonna be something."
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:01 pm

((you made me snort really loud when you were describing everyone...that was funny))

Marsel_lilas
Crew

Valkyrie Nightshade
Crew

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:11 pm

((lol way to go XD))

Vincent shook his head.

"Well lets see... i hope youre ready to hear this. Ive raped women and men. Ive killed women and men and children, for sport, money and food. Ive stolen god knows how many things. Breaken into places. Tortured people for money and for the hell of it. And uh i think thats it. Well at least my past in a nutshell."
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:54 am

((Thanks guys ^^ it's what I do.))

Xi nodded her head slowly, thoughtfully. She looked at Vincent, her eyes slightly narrowed. Her analitical look. On one hand, he had done a lot of bad stuff...On the other hand, he seemed to own up to it pretty well. Yet again on another hand, wasn't that generalized demon activities? Why would anyone go after Vincent specifically, even though he seemed to have renounced his former...practices. Xi shuddered to herself, finding it almost impossible to believe that the man sitting in front of her could have done things that even she hadn't done...he just didn't seem like that sort of person.

"Mhmm...well I'll let you know that that makes me think no differently of you than I had before. You've certainly been civil this entire time we've been here, and you've given me no reason to believe you would do things like that at this point in time. Apparantly though, someone is out there looking for a little payback, or maybe something else. Who knows...what we do need to know is- who would possibly be out there looking for you? Any idea?"

Xi fiddled with a little tiny pebble she had picked up. Well at least the mask was starting to make sense...she wouldn't want anyone to recognise her as the one with 22mil on her head either. In reality, it was likely that he really couldn't trust much of anyone...but if he didn't he would have no help in getting him out of this mess.

..Luaxanna..

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 172 173 174 175 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games