Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:24 pm
Final Fantasy games are witnessing an even worse decline than Mario games.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 pm
xp  

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 pm
I mean, Mario games are pretty out there, and the concepts are getting kind of ridiculous, but it's not like Mario's ever been about storylines. And the gameplay is always fun.

Final Fantasy games have always been based around their storylines, which are getting beyond terrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 pm
True, but Mario games now aren't even fun to me. I think it's the dumb voices. I'm more partial to sound effects. Like when Mario didn't say "Whooo weee!" or whatever, there was just a sound effect that said "Hey, guys, mario just jumped!"

Final Fantasy X-2 was the beginning of the end. XII could have been good but the story deteriorated and ALL of the characters were soooo irrelevant except for Basch, Ashe, and Balthier. Everyone else, INCLUDING VAAN were stock characters. And that's saaad since Vaan is supposed to be the player.

I agree. Final Fantasy has lost it's kick. 10 was the last good one. And I never liked Tactics. FF3-japanese was WAAAY better before they remade it even though I could only play the translated bits. After a while it was just jibberish to me.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:37 pm
I love Tactics, but it was released in 199...7? Anyway, back when FF games were good. And the new Re-Release on PSP sucked. They changed the script to sound like bad old english. And they added cinematics, which would be cool, except at one point, someone says, "Ramza" which is the hero's name... Of course, if you change his name at the beginning, then it makes no sense at all.
The original PS1 version is superior.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm
Strategy games for me are a big no. Just because I'm bad at them. Fire Emblem looks awesome. Looks like it has a great story and everythign but I'm just bad at it! XD So I pass on Tactics.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 pm
But even the storyline in Tactics were awesome (albeit took biblical concepts and twisted them, but still awesome). It was complex, having to do with military and stuff. Not some sappy love story, or something oversimplified and irrelevant.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:17 am
I am now playing mario galaxy and i have to say it is very odd with the whole globe things that you go on. I think the best mario game was Super mario RPG. That was an unexpected thing from nintendo to make that but it kicked so much a**. dislike it if you want but i loved that game.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:21 am
Well, it came out in 1996, which was a part of what I call the golden age of Video Games. Oh, how I miss those days.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:55 am
Don't we all. And Galaxy is still really fun. Who doesn't want to screw around with gravity? :XP:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:50 am
Yeah, but games today lack that charm. That certain spark that they had back then.
I dunno what it is. Probably the higher production quality, makes games nice and polished, but lacks that...
Like, look at Zelda Ocarina of Time, that game had so many glitches, and you could exploit that. The game itself wasn't BUILT perfect, and that's what gave it that charm.
It's the imperfections, I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:32 am
Yea, I LOVE Super Mario RPG! I also really like Yoshi's Island. 4laugh
In my opinion, the Zelda, Metroid, and Castlevania have yet to go downhill for me. I still love those games, even the new ones. xd

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:40 am
The question is, which series HAVE been ruined for you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 am
Let's see. Resident Evil is definitely at the top of the list, obviously. Megaman, especially the X series. The last one i played was 4. It started declining after that. Though i've only played the first 2 DMC games, everything i hear about DMC4 makes me not wanna bother with it anymore. Hmm....that's all i can think at the moment. sweatdrop  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 pm
Yeah, I played the DMC4 demo, and I wasn't very impressed. Then I was in the classroom, while my friend hooked it up and played the full game. And I caught a glimpse of some cinematics. They were terrible. In that, "Look, it's a cheesy action movie overdone with special effects" way, terrible.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games