Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am
I wanna make cool stuff. :3 That's why I'm working towards a BFA in Illustration and Humanistic Studies. After I've graduated, depending on the economy in my area, I might go to the community college for two years and get a certification in computer repair or IT.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 pm
Be careful thinking there's only one calling for a person. I started out with the equivalent of a BA in French (literature translation), and library science thinking I would be an old text translator. Then I got my PhD in English thinking I would be a journalist which I was for a time. Then I got into writing as an author. However, with some friends' help lately I've spent more time managing stocks than anything to do with literature. *shrug* We all find things we love, things to make us happy, and things to make us money. Good luck guys!

I understand Fratellone, I'm not silly enough to latch on to such a thing. Tana is Tana and strangely enough people like him for what he is. He also likes himself the way he is, though the straight edge thing is kind of difficult to maintain. *jumps onto Talon and hangs on like a cape*

Oro ... twelve year relationship. I am very impressed though I could never see myself in that kind of situation. Mine never seem to last more than two or three years. *sigh*

Tanakietsu

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:04 pm
I used to think my calling was Mechanical Engineering.

And then I thought I was better in Chemistry.

And now I'm in the Social Sciences. Go figure. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:05 pm
Educational flips and turns are more common than people think. I spent years weaving between philosophy and science.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Goosey has things to argue with at school...
But she has her desktop back for interwebs, now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:32 pm
My mom told me she went to school for philosophy and came out with a degree in physics, because the philosophy students were a bunch of stuffy pricks and the science students didn't mind being wrong.  

welian

Crew

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 am
I've taken quite a bit of philosophy and theology; my university takes "holistic education" to an entirely new level.

In other news, I really want to play Dungeons and Dragons again. D:

Would it be possible to do so in a Gaia Forum?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am
Gale OverDrive

Sure you can! That's what the post actions are for!

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:26 pm
. . . cute girl.

Welian has a very valid point. The whole purpose of different styles of posts and the ability to roll dice with each post is to use dice-based systems and add flair. DnD is very doable here. Hell, I love the palladium fantasy system myself, and having a randomized 1d100 for everybody is very convenient.

On a side note, I love that line, welian . . . "the philosophy students were a bunch of stuffy pricks and the science students didn't mind being wrong."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm
If they're stuffy pricks, then they're doing philosophy all wrong.  

Gale OverDrive

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:28 pm
Hi.

And, mom's words, not mine. She just went with the more fun department!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 pm
Happy Fourth, guys. *holds a sparkler*  

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 pm
Sparkles!!!

-Dances around sparkler!-  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 am
*impulse-hugs the dancing Goosey* Oro... Tana is so sleepy again, having spent another entire night reading manga. This time he read the 18 volumes of Holyland in one sitting. It was super exciting and heart pounding the entire time.

I really need to break the habit though, this is going to kill my sleep schedule something awful. I need to get back into the rhythm of things. *hands everyone a bouquet of Tana-Love-Roses*

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:25 pm
-Hugs!- 4laugh

Rooseeeesss~! -Curls around!-  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games