Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:37 pm
I know, I know! Pick me coach, pick me. Tana's got an idea. Bear with me, it isn't perfect but here goes. The Air Bat-ditioner! Oooooooh. *jumps up and down like the faux-idiotic, child-like soul he is*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:40 pm
Guys, guys! I finally finished writing an RP. It involves... well its all about mad science. I think it may actually not suck.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 am
I put as sign on my door that does in deed have the bat symbol and "na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BAT ROOM!" I like bats, I just don't want to have to get rabies shots if one gets in...cause needles and EKA are incompatible.

*returns Tana's snuggles*

Brave was a really good female heroine, of which there are few in my opinion. She (for once) is not obsessed with getting married and is much more of a full character rather than just a female archetype. You will also enjoy much humor, the voices of Billy Connolly and Robbie Coltrane, and some really top quality backgrounds and textures. It's perty. I still haven't seen the Avengers because I have a pathological aversion to shelling out $12 unless I'm SURE I will LOVE the movie and on average, I wasn't a fan of the series. Iron Man was great, Thor was pretty bad and Captain America was meh. Didn't see the Hulk because I heard it was even worse. I'm not a superhero movie fan, although I have heard good things about the new Spiderman...

Your rp looks good Skreemer. I'm trying to come up with a character, possibly a cryptozoologist/biologist studying coelocanth for instance. I don't know, still in the works. Or botanist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 am
I agree, the RP does look quite enticing. My only query would be about the possibility of deranged henchmen characters. Not as a whole PC, but a (manageable) player side character. The henchman wouldn't be the main focus of the player's post, but there could exist some kind of sub-post text detailing what a henchman/woman is up to. Also, I'm a little concerned about how the RPers are supposed to interact with each other environment-wise. Is it some kind of mad scientist committee/convention or? In my imagination of how it plays out it would seem like just a bunch of one-shots in the same setting. I guess I would just like a little bit more clarification.

Ny-awww, no shots for le Eka! Not that Tana could enforce that.

I was introduced to OCremixes yesterday, and I've got to say I didn't think I'd spend so much time listening to vgm in one day. Pretty good stuff.

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm
That idea would certainly be welcome Tana. It definetly seems like it would be a need. After all, what is a good mad scientist without his Igor?
As for interactions, I think I'll make a central story event such as an alien spaceship crash as a way to begin the fun, then let peoples adventures cross paths as needed, as well as giving the option for newly insane characters to study under my character. After all, alien rayguns are a rarity, even amongst supergeniuses, and everyone is eager to get their hands on the tech before the men in black arrive.
As for EKA, I'd perhaps suggest something less rooted in the real world for a cryptozoologist. Perhaps a biologist of sea serpents.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm
Electric Kool-Aid

Brave was a really good female heroine, of which there are few in my opinion. She (for once) is not obsessed with getting married and is much more of a full character rather than just a female archetype. You will also enjoy much humor, the voices of Billy Connolly and Robbie Coltrane, and some really top quality backgrounds and textures. It's perty. I still haven't seen the Avengers because I have a pathological aversion to shelling out $12 unless I'm SURE I will LOVE the movie and on average, I wasn't a fan of the series. Iron Man was great, Thor was pretty bad and Captain America was meh. Didn't see the Hulk because I heard it was even worse. I'm not a superhero movie fan, although I have heard good things about the new Spiderman...

I initially went to see Avengers for Iron Man, and Hulk stole every scene he was in. I agree that Thor was a crappy movie, and wasn't as blown away by Cap America as I could have been. Now the Hulk films are a split decision. "Hulk" by Ang Lee is an utter pile of shite, but "Incredible Hulk" is actually fairly good. I suggest you go see it, as it is a worthy film.

Brave does look good, and frankly something I look forward to seeing. Oddly enough, I hear wildly negative reviews of Spider from fans, and "it's okay" from reviewers. Thus, the spider is going to wait till rental for me. Of course goombah lizard doesn't help.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:42 pm
A potentially interesting, odd, and "mad" scientist could be a former military test-subject who had been overdosed daily with testosterone turned paranoid-amnesiac geneticist bent (when he remembers he is) on the destruction of corporate grocers because he believes they are responsible for cooperating with the government in the spread of all disease. Did I mention that his methodology for destroying said grocers is to sabotage their produce with genetic modifications which create odd, silly side effects for those who consume them? I'm thinking corn that even when cooked would cause instantaneous growth of hair all over the body and meats that cause someone to sweat different colors under different types of stress. Who said mad science had to be harmful?

In short, an incorrect justification that destroying the "source" of something that spreads on its own without trying to cure the disease itself. I wouldn't actually consider this idea seriously, and was just playing with one fun idea of many. If someone likes the concept feel free to use/change/manipulate it to your will.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm
Hey, that is the kind of concept I want to encourage. After all, just because some scientists are concentrated on doomsday devices and wars with eldritch beings shouldnt stop people from having more surreal enemies.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:42 pm
I wanna be a chemist (since I already have background in it) =P. But I fear that I won't be able to commit myself just yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 pm
In other news, I scrolled down the forum and I was shocked to see that the RP I wrote a LONG, LONG TIME AGO is still there. eek

And did you guys know that there is a Pokemon TTRPG similar to DnD? I was looking through it and I was amazed at the system. So complicated. dramallama  

Gale OverDrive

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 am
A pokemon D&D? That sounds kind of odd. I can understand (kindaish) how it could work wherein a player takes the role of an individual pokemon, but I've always envisioned pokemon from a trainer perspective. I suppose that's one of hundreds of Tana's shortcomings. *shrug of worlds* Sounds like it would be enriching, just not too profitable for those who came up with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm
psyched for breakthroughs biggrin I love making new characters!  

Electric Kool-Aid

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:58 pm
Good, good. and I'm aware of the Pokemon TTRPG. It was and I quote "banned permanently for the sake of all our sanity" by the president of my university's TCG society.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm
Tana is now the owner of an I4, all I need is a mac (which I don't plan on purchasing) to be completely surrounded and integrated to the apple world.

I'm not sure how much I would be willing to invest in the mad scientist RP concept only because my knowledge of science is greatly limited and all of my ideas would be 99.5% fabricated and have nothing to do with how science actually works. I understand it's encouraged to do just that but there has to be some feasibility. It would be kind of disappointing if a character could get away with something along the lines of: "durrr, I know science. I put aluminum soda can and car battery and get death ray". And unfortunately, that's probably what I would be limited to with my knowledge.

I was super psyched about my character for Goosey's RP, but it never took off. I guess I'll chop it up and start reassembling it for some other thingermajiggeroni.

Tanakietsu

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games