Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm
there are a multitude of ideas that I loved and fell flat. My character for the Knights RP, and of course the Nova RPs that Krome created. Then there was the Celestial King for an attempt at a mass RP, he was fun . . .  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 am
Actually, that is generally the cut of science in this. The point is that all of them create these inventions and they only work due to the madness of the characters. So long as no mere mortal touches the stuff its ok.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 pm
Tanakietsu
A pokemon D&D? That sounds kind of odd. I can understand (kindaish) how it could work wherein a player takes the role of an individual pokemon, but I've always envisioned pokemon from a trainer perspective. I suppose that's one of hundreds of Tana's shortcomings. *shrug of worlds* Sounds like it would be enriching, just not too profitable for those who came up with it.

It is from a trainer perspective. But the classes are such that there are different types of trainers who handle their pokemon in different ways. (e.g. Ace Trainer, Breeder, Martial Artist)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:41 pm
Pokemon was the cancer that was killing childhood a few years ago.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 pm
cat_3nodding ayup. Never did get into Pokemon.

yum_shrimp yum_tamago yum_tuna yum_onigiri yum_puddi yum_salmon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm
Tana is a fan, but there are far, far, faaaar better franchises out there. Plus I'm not as young as some of the other fans, so I have far fewer problems with selling out the name brand. n_n

That said, Spelunky! Weeee!

*munches on some pizza lackadaisically*

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 pm
Goosey's having troubles getting the courage to call places on the phone to ask about jobs...
So far she's only done one out of about ten, and she was supposed to have them all called up by now...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm
*unleashes a small reserve of the stockpile of hugs stored for Goosey while she seemed forever gone* Awww, don't worry, it will get easier with time. Once you get the foot out the door things become much simpler. I know you can do it. n_n  

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 pm
I just...
I'll get ready to make a call, and just never do. I would rather walk in the heat to talk to them in person than to call them...

-trampled over by stockpile of hugs-  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 pm
Disturbing Tale Teller
I just...
I'll get ready to make a call, and just never do. I would rather walk in the heat to talk to them in person than to call them...

-trampled over by stockpile of hugs-

*picks her up, dusts her off, and starts to walk away . . . to turn around and gluggle heartily* juuu can do eeet!!!  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:25 pm
*brings in a full-size table, a set of chairs, sits down and allows his head to hit the table* Tana was in trouble almost falling off the sobriety wagon tonight. I'm also kind of torn between happiness and mental sobriety that this place is my first go-to to vent, though I shouldn't do it quite here in this thread. I guess I'll just rest assured that the internet (and potentially this site if it doesn't eventually belly-up) will be here when I officially become an hermit/bachelor/monk of the ages. Perhaps then I'll learn "moderation" and go to bars to look at all the cute girls a third of my age (for the record, I am talking about when I'm 60+).

Also, Goosey dear it is possible to go directly to a business and discuss employment. Phoning isn't the only way I think. n_n

I do believe I will try my hand at an OC for Skreemer's RP after all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 am
-Huggleluffles teh Ojiisan- heart

I know it is, just... I only have so much bus fare right now, and no car or anything... And my little yellow electric scooter needs to be fixed... And I don't know where to get it fixed...  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm
I know the feeling. I filed for my biweekly claim for unemployment, and there was a screen that said the claim was out of money, so I won't get both weeks worth of about $100. So tomorrow morning I have to call and see what the hell is going on cause I depend on that money.

That, and I found out that somebody in Minnesota just tried to charge $852 to my bank card . . . to an account with all of $1.50 in it. So yeah, gotta deal with that now too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:56 pm
That's pretty criminal of whoever charged an amount so exponential to an account with so little. : My sympathies fratellone. Good luck with the claim too.

I hate to admit this, but I just saw the Avatar Korra season finale. In my opinion it was a huge let-down especially with setting up romantic interest so early in the (4 season) series. Also, I am disappointed that blood bending became so hot and cold. At times it was all powerful, but then all of a sudden it's overshadowed by lightning and air bending. I think they could have improved bloodbending by including self-bending to produce super-human results. After all, every other element has a clear method of "flight". Air bending = obvious; fire bending = see the new General Iroh / Previous Fire Lord Ozai; earth bending = essentially a spider-man method of flight. We saw that using blood bending a bender could control a living thing to the point of levitating it, a blood bender (with practice) should be able to blood bend themselves without causing bodily harm. [/rant]

*sighs* Ideas, ideas, ideas. I suppose this is why I keep writing. *shrug*

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 pm
Tanakietsu
That's pretty criminal of whoever charged an amount so exponential to an account with so little. : My sympathies fratellone. Good luck with the claim too.

I hate to admit this, but I just saw the Avatar Korra season finale. In my opinion it was a huge let-down especially with setting up romantic interest so early in the (4 season) series. Also, I am disappointed that blood bending became so hot and cold. At times it was all powerful, but then all of a sudden it's overshadowed by lightning and air bending. I think they could have improved bloodbending by including self-bending to produce super-human results. After all, every other element has a clear method of "flight". Air bending = obvious; fire bending = see the new General Iroh / Previous Fire Lord Ozai; earth bending = essentially a spider-man method of flight. We saw that using blood bending a bender could control a living thing to the point of levitating it, a blood bender (with practice) should be able to blood bend themselves without causing bodily harm. [/rant]

*sighs* Ideas, ideas, ideas. I suppose this is why I keep writing. *shrug*

Thanks. I've talked with the bank, and they will issue a provisional credit and mail me papers. I sign them to say I have no idea about those charges, and mail em back and hope they make the credit permanent.

Korra . . . I am so torn. The show was enjoyed, and truly was something that was sought after. In the same vein, bending was no longer a mystic art, but a mundane occurance. In the Chan boards many mentioned how bending has seemed to be far weaker. Sure benders could do things, but nothing of any real power. Also the subtle hint of "pro bending" being both professional bending, and in favor of bending.

Bending had some interesting issues here. Earthbending could be mastered into Metalbending. Waterbending mastered into Bloodbending. Firebending could be mastered into Lightning. WTF does Airbending evolve into?!

The finale . . . well, there were good and bad things. I liked the battle scene with the navy, the showdown between dad and daughter, and the tricky little sneak of Mako's. He didn't overpower bloodbending with lightning, he just pushed into the right position against the bloodbending with great struggle and unleashed the blast at point-blank range. Mr Moustache was also a great touch turning on Amon. By far, the highlight was Noatok and Tarlok on the boat. It's argued that Noatok knew that there would be no going back, and Tarlok made the only real just choice.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The bad things? The rushed romance. fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu the forced romance. It was nigh useless . . . as was the loss of bending. I mean, it might have been so much more interesting to have to re-establish her bending for fire, water, and earth. I get the Airbending bit. It was blocked by anger, and she was always a very angry character. When that last moment with Mako about to lose his bending, she wasn't able to be angry, and everything went into protecting him. No anger, no malice, nothing but a need to protect. That unlocked her airbending and caught Amon off-guard. Such was why he couldn't do the bloodbending. Not in time, anyway. Now she can spirit bend as well, and the whole loss of bending that could have been a FANTASTIC story arc has been wasted.

Just like the original series where three years of training was made almost moot by a giant lion-turtle.

[/rant]  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games