Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm
I agree the Lion Turtle was a giant piece of deus ex, but at the same time it was nice to symbolize Aang's frustrating attempts to find a nonlethal solution. Sure Aang could have just as easily learned it through communing with more and more prior avatar lives. However, that would have taken far more time than they had allotted to them. I have both grievances and compliments to Aang's meeting with the Lion Turtle, but that was far, far better than Korra not only receiving all of her bending back (and I still don't think blood bending would permanently seal bending anyway), learning how to commune with the spirit world, and spirit bending all at the end of season one in a series predicted to last four seasons long. It would have been an epic moment at the culmination of season four, but no. Season one. Blah.

I can understand what you're saying about Mako, I just kinda grunted when it happened I guess. Suddenly it shows Mako is apparently more powerful than I gave him credit for, so why couldn't he have been more proficient in Pro-bending (I understand that what I just wrote is a bit short-sighted and there are far vaster more things going on in that kind of sport to pay attention to. Tana just wants to complain a widdle bit.

The Noatok and Tarlok ending was beautiful I thought. And Mr. Mustache too was great. It seems like the antagonists were everything I wanted them to be and the protagonists showcased only things I didn't want to see. In season two there had better be more Iroh and Bumi. That's for damn sure. [/pout]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm
Tanakietsu
That's pretty criminal of whoever charged an amount so exponential to an account with so little. : My sympathies fratellone. Good luck with the claim too.

I hate to admit this, but I just saw the Avatar Korra season finale. In my opinion it was a huge let-down especially with setting up romantic interest so early in the (4 season) series. Also, I am disappointed that blood bending became so hot and cold. At times it was all powerful, but then all of a sudden it's overshadowed by lightning and air bending. I think they could have improved bloodbending by including self-bending to produce super-human results. After all, every other element has a clear method of "flight". Air bending = obvious; fire bending = see the new General Iroh / Previous Fire Lord Ozai; earth bending = essentially a spider-man method of flight. We saw that using blood bending a bender could control a living thing to the point of levitating it, a blood bender (with practice) should be able to blood bend themselves without causing bodily harm. [/rant]

*sighs* Ideas, ideas, ideas. I suppose this is why I keep writing. *shrug*

I think it's not that bloodbending was "overpowered" by the other bending powers, I consider it to be the person's pure force of will. Amon wasn't able to take Korra's airbending away because he didn't know she could do it in the first place. Magni's right with Mako's little sneak attack but that too was force of will.

From what I know of Tai Chi (I've been practicing three years), you can't apply blood bending on yourself because the limbs you use couldn't be moved in the way you wanted them if you were using them to move yourself in the first place (it's kinda confusing, I know, it's basically a paradox). And before you say that they're not moving any limbs to do blood bending, if you knew how Tai Chi stances work, you'd understand.

I have to agree with the whole rushed ideas/plot however, but what I'm really incensed about is the movement of the forms of bending from "ancient forms" (tai chi, praying mantis, xing yi, ba gua) to more "modern" (and might I say, more popular) martial arts (muay thai, taekwondo, karate, and even boxing, to name a few), much like in the way Bolin tells Korra that she'd be a sitting duck if she earth bended like she normally does.  

Gale OverDrive

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm
The whitewashing in the cartoons was ridiculous too. I almost didn't recognize Sokka because he was so pale in the flashbacks! And Noatak looks nothing like he used to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 am
I see what you mean about self blood-bending and attempting to move the limbs simultaneously. That'll teach me to rant needlessly without sleep for 30+ hours. Sowwyz. 3:  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm
Very, very cool. I especially enjoy SuperBolin.

Edit: Well, if what happened truly occurred the way it looked, there are going to be a lot of really upset Bleach Byakuya fanboys / fangirls.

Tanakietsu

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 pm
Tanakietsu
Very, very cool. I especially enjoy SuperBolin.

Edit: Well, if what happened truly occurred the way it looked, there are going to be a lot of really upset Bleach Byakuya fanboys / fangirls.

thanks, found it on 4chan.

What's this about Byakuya?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 pm
I'll let you find out on your own if you read the weekly manga updates. I'm not a big fan of doing the spoiling, though I don't mind saying there are things to be spoiled. *shrug and hug*  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 pm
I actually have lost a fair amount of interest in the manga. Kind of a shame, but still true.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 pm
Wow. Quiet in here.

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm
Mmm. I think a lot of people are just busy, like me. I'm out on a road trip.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:49 pm
Goosey's going to Canada on Friday!
Visiting the Grandparents...  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 pm
Sweetness for Goosey!

I'm headed down to my old stomping grounds in Texas at the tail end of this month.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:19 pm
still quiet.

The opposite of my FB account where I have been debating over gun control like a madman.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 pm
So busy, busy, busy. Sorry Talon. n_n;  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games