Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 am
DTT we can be job hunting buddies! *huggles* Once you get well of course!
*tucks you in bed with a hot water bottle and bajillion teddy bears and good movies + books*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 pm
*atomohuggles for Goosey*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm
-listening to epic music-  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 pm
*Throws a couple pies on the ground* Argh! These goddamn Karen Miller novels are going to be the death of me. They are simply too slow.

In other news I redecorated my bathroom so it no longer has teal rugs/towels/etc and is instead maroon. I snickered to myself as I bought the merchandise, though I'm sure no-one remembers him to snicker. 3: *shrug*

Tanakietsu

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 pm
*pulls webs out of her hair before gluggling everyone... she sits back in her chair obviously exhausted.*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm
-gets the fireplace going and pulls out marshmallows-

I started City of Secrets to get a pulse going on somewhere other that the OOC threads. Seems like it's slowly working. Anyone else want to join in?

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:22 pm
The Hunger Games are actually a surprisingly dark and decent set of books. Doesn't really get good till the second book, though. Damn, they are depressing though.

Maroon is a far manlier color, Tana. mad props.

*gluggles for Alwyn* Good to see you!

I's listening to epicness too, lil sexy. Course, my epic may not be your epic.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am
I was (surprisingly) thoroughly unimpressed with Hunger Games. I work in a library and all my coworkers were OMGing about it constantly so I decided to read it. It was so plot driven it made my brain hurt. I tried to read the second one and got to page 70 something before I decided it wasn't worth my time.

But hey, it's getting people (and young people especially) to read who didn't normally like to so I guess I can get behind it for that. I do still however think that there are significantly better Young Adult books out there and a large part of Hunger Games popularity is derived from the fact that it is sensational. The popularity of Fifty Shades of Grey is a similar phenomenon.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 am
I must say that I prefer Shades of Gray by Jessica James. Not that I've read either Fifty Shades of Grey or the Hunger Games in order for me to back my base comparison. But that's all I can afford - a blind pre-biased statement. *shrug*

I thought Maroon would be a manlier color as well (Though I enjoy teal as well), but it has a much lovelier meaning to me. He was such a fun and amusing character - one so much that I made a fanfic out of him and it's lasted three years and is still going. My little psychopathic terrorist turned father turned destroyer of worlds. *holds his laptop tenderly like an infant*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 am
In the US, there's been some protesting as Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys is on several young adult reading lists and is being confused with E.L. James' book. I lol'd.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am
I despair.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 pm
Hunger Games is not the greatest series ever . . . not by a long shot. I feel that it glosses over far too many details, completely ignores just about every good point in the main character's life, and constantly assails her with shite.

Particularly the end where she saw her beloved little sister vaporized before her eyes.

I've heard nothing but negativity about 50 shades of gray from friends in the BDSM community, and nothing but raves from everybody else. So, meh. I don't go for that kind of thing anyway. My kinks lie elsewhere.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 am
Is the community thread still a thing? I haven't seen many other people from the guild post in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm
Was it ever started? I know that we discussed it, but I never saw it get moving.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm
Eka darling put up a sticky about it just the other day as well as the thread in Barton itself.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games