Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm
Ah well, maybe another good RP will pop up some day that the oldbies will rush toward.

*returns Tana's hug*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:23 am
Haven't been in the city more than a month yet.
---
I say this in jest, but the way you phrased it makes me think "Oldbie Orgy". 3x

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 pm
Haven't really moved a lot in my life time, but making new friends and meeting people is always difficult. Almost impossible if you work for family like I do. >.>

Also I'm just going to throw this out there and feel like a dumby afterwards so here is goes...... What the heck is a gluggle? Weirdest sentence ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:24 pm
Somebody say Orgy?! heart heart heart mrgreen

Been a while since a RP really grabbed me with full force. sweatdrop

Glomp - A tackle hug
Huggle - A hug with a wiggle in it.
Gluggle - a tackle hug with a wiggle.

The gluggle was created by a former member here. he was not removed, he passed away, but the Gluggle is his legacy here. Something unique to the Refuge, and a treasured practice.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm
You haven't changed a bit, Magni! xd

I know what you mean. Even when I had full summer breaks, nothing caught my attention well enough for me to invest that amount of time.

Huh, I always thought: huggle = hug + snuggle  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm
I move more often than I actually care too, but I think becoming too restless in one spot is one of extremely few charming/good personality flaws I have. I've moved I think about five or six times in as many years.
---
*nods* Someone did say orgy.But you'll be the only getting attention, Talon. You so popular. wink
---
I'd RP more consistently if my [many, many] personal issues would come into balance. It's taking all I have to keep myself out of the bottom of the bottle again.
---
Rose is arriving tomorrow to stay for the holidays. Sure her mom is going to be here too, but still! So excited!

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:04 pm
Ahh okay, I just assumed it was something I didn't know because I've been out of the Gaian loop for about three years.

-----

I think I've moved maybe.....three times in my 24 years of life on this lovely earth. -nods-

-----

I attempted to join two group role plays in Barton.... both died. I have about five 1x1 role plays going strong right now though. n_n

Edit: @Tana Sorry for stealing your little post breaks for answering another topic. =]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm
Doesn't bother me.
---
I never really understood the appeal of 1x1's. It's probably my uninformed, biased opinion, but I always thought they just ended up in bizarre romantic comedramas.

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm
It really depends on the partner. I'm relatively picky, and try not to let things sway towards romantic nonsense.

My appeal towards 1x1's has mostly to deal with only having to rely on one other person. It's easier to keep things moving.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm
Ooooh. I tend to avoid 1x1s because I always end up dropping them! I much prefer groups because having more people waiting on me gives me more motivation to post. Whenever I get a craving to play a certain character, I usually wait for it to pass or go wallowing in a tavern RP for a while.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing City of Secrets seems to be slowly reviving. I'm happy! It's a very open-ended do-whatever setting, so feel free to do whatever you'd like in there.

And aaaaaallllssssoooooo - the magical school roleplay I run is having a short-term winter event soon. It's a snowball fight with D&D style stats. Would any of you be interested? It'll only run for two months, and there's no need to know what's going on in the main storyline to join the snowball fight and have fun.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 am
I'm lucky to have never moved. *clings to his family's house*

Congrats on being able to see your daughter for the holidays, Tana.

At college I do a solo campaign through PMs on another forum w/ my GM. We only do a 1x1 because the rest of our gaming group graduated or left.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:04 pm
When I was on gaia prior to my three year hiatus, I only did group role plays and really enjoyed them. I've just not had any luck with group role plays as of late so I've converted to 1x1 role plays. n_n

I'm always searching to revive my old group role play though. >.>

I have looked into City of Secrets and eventually plan on posting in there, I've just been super busy with the holidays around the corner and haven't really had a chance to think up a post.

And I know nothing about D&D... I'm beginning to think I'm one of the few Gaian's that doesn't play video games [or table top] and that doesn't watch anime.

TwinkelenS t a r

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm
Oh, I see.
I prefer playing in groups more than 1x1, but I'll take a roleplaying/tabletopping fix however I can get it.

Well, a lot of Gaians (and a bunch of the oldbies in this guild) are into anime, videoGames, or tabletopping, if not multiple of them. I'm into all 3. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm
I'm just going to leave this here...  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 pm
Thankity thanks, Snowman. n_n It felt a little funky to move away from her after specifically moving to be closer to her, so seeing my littl'un will hopefully get me out of this funk I'm in so I can be the bucket 'o fun I usually am.
---
Sometimes I feel I'm too old for video games, anime, table-tops, and writing fanfics, but then I remember Talon is here and I feel like I'm not too old. *gives Talon a close hug and a hump wherever he may be*

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games