Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 pm
The burning American flags prominent in some of the advertisements for Infinite also seem a tad extreme.

What era/decade is Columbia supposed to be stuck in. Is it the 1920s like Rapture or some other period?

I love the 20s music in Bioshock 1; it's the perfect juxtaposition.
Yeah, some of those splicers are messed up, like the ones that sing "Jesus loves me."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:22 pm
If not liking things jumping out at you makes you a chicken, Tana is a giant chicken. I also really dislike the horror genre. (I do not consider Bioshock horror as I find it far too hilarious and awesome). For some odd reason I always seem to get lost in Bioshock. A problem I have with no other game, but somehow get turned around maybe one too many times and I'm like "poop, I'm stuck/lost" and give up. x3 I always found all of the dialogue pretty fantastic, especially those splicers.

*hugs for Twinkle* I'm a little late on the feel betters, but feel better!

Merry Christmas. Been away a couple days, but the ex-wife is being kind of a big pain in my a**. She tried to convince me to let her and her new boyfriend stay at my place. A big fat no. Rose made me buy the ex a Christmas present though; the silly, lovely girl.

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:48 am
To whom is may concern, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yeah, Bioshock isn't really a horror game; it just has some elements.

EDIT: The snowglobe item they just introduced interacts very interestingly w/ those background items...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:19 am
Goosey says Happy Holidays~!!!

Visiting the parents and then going back home to go to work tomorrow night...  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 pm
I thought that Infinite was set in something like the late 1800s, going to a further extreme for steampunk. I am very much looking forward to it. What made me love Bioshock to this point was not the powers or guns, but the story. That made me keep trying . . . though it was good. I wonder where it will go, how it will play out . . .

I hope we all have had a good Christmas/Yule/Hannakuah . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:05 pm
Oh, that's an interesting setting. I haven't read up on it much due to my computer being entirely unable to play it, but most everything I've heard has been good.
I agree, the story is the best part of Bioshock.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:34 pm
I finally got to open my copy of Dishonored for Christmas too . . . and you know? I am actually really enjoying it. Like Bioshock, it has a decent story, guns, and powers. Tell you what, I am loving the teleportation ability muchly. The game supposedly even has two endings based on how many people you kill and how often you cause chaos. Soooooo . . . I am doing a minimal casulty game right now. Really having fun!

In both cases, I am not a huge fan of FPS games, but they make me keep playing. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:35 pm
I've heard tons of great things about Dishonored! I'm glad you're enjoying it. So, have you summoned any swarms of rats yet?

I like to think of those games as having a first person perspective, but they just don't feel like FPSes; another genre label is likely more appropriate.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm
Yoder
I've heard tons of great things about Dishonored! I'm glad you're enjoying it. So, have you summoned any swarms of rats yet?

I like to think of those games as having a first person perspective, but they just don't feel like FPSes; another genre label is likely more appropriate.

No, I have actually opted to make a less chaotic effect on the world thus far. the suggested powers to gain first are Dark Vision (the ability to see people and their field of vision through walls), Blink (essentially short-range teleportation), Possession (the ability to take over small animals and later people for short periods of time), and a time warping ability to first slow, then stop time for a few moments while you move normally. LOVING the teleport.

Oh, and working on taking as few lives as humanly possible. that means less hostiles and fewer rat swarms to contend with.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 pm
The blinking in that game seems really interesting. In some ways, it looks to have replaced jumping for all intents and purposes. That's actually a pretty good thing, b/c platforming in a first-person perspective has usually been annoying.

Yeah, I guess a more peaceful run would involve fewer hordes of vermin... xd  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm
Yoder
The blinking in that game seems really interesting. In some ways, it looks to have replaced jumping for all intents and purposes. That's actually a pretty good thing, b/c platforming in a first-person perspective has usually been annoying.

Yeah, I guess a more peaceful run would involve fewer hordes of vermin... xd

Well, jumping is still important, and the first level of blink is nice. the second level (fully upgraded) is really nice. Such extends the range significantly. Nothing like the quick sneak . . . a blink past guards! It is fun to sneak around and use the powers. Of course, almost all my weapons are nullified by the "minimal kill" idea. All I have are crossbow bolts that put people to sleep (max of 10), and . . . well, that's it. Forget the incindeary bolts, crossbow bolts, and the gun. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 pm
Still, it can substitute for jumping at times when precision is of the utmost importance, right? I've seen a vid of someone blinking from a windowsill to a chandelier, which was entirely doable w/ a jump. Granted, that's just that person's play style.

Are the tranq darts as fun in Dishonored as they were in the original Deus Ex (assuming you've played it)?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm
Yoder
Still, it can substitute for jumping at times when precision is of the utmost importance, right? I've seen a vid of someone blinking from a windowsill to a chandelier, which was entirely doable w/ a jump. Granted, that's just that person's play style.

Are the tranq darts as fun in Dishonored as they were in the original Deus Ex (assuming you've played it)?

I have not played Deus Ex . . . so I cannot say. I will say they are very convenient. My only complaint is 10 is the max I can ever carry. I wish I could get a higher capacity. I mean, they blasted things have to be bought/found individually!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:36 pm
That low limit is kind of annoying, though I can understand because in Deus Ex (one of the games that inspired Dishonored to an extent), you could have 30 and tranq through entire emissions (before robots got involved, anyway). Only giving single arrows at a time is an odd choice, b/c that's just laborious.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm
Soooo, I just finished making the Snowball Wars event for my roleplay, finally... I'm going to drop the banner in here, in case any of you are interested - it's got a D&D style system, so maybe some of the tabletop roleplayers will want to peep at it.

User Image

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games