Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm
TwinkelenS t a r
Aw, thanks!

I'm actually applying for a job working with Joel Slaven, who used to be Jack Hanna's business partner! Most, if not all, the animals you see in Jack Hanna's TV appearances come from Joel Slaven. He's stationed here in Florida and is approximately 40 minutes away from my house.

I've tried to get my husband to come out and volunteer with me, but it's really not his thing. He is an engineer and would rather play with his electronics. haha

My wife would literally slaughter me if I worked your job and did not invite her to join in. Still, i can relate to your husband . . . outside is not really my thing. I blame my upbringing. Dad was a computer nerd, so when kids learned to work on cars or play sports we did a Commodore 64. That, combined with growing up in Southern Texas meant it was hot as ballz out. I remember telling my wife before we met in person that I didn't go out if the sun was up. She thought that was crazy . . . till she joined me. Then we avoided going out if the sun was up.

Yeah, we met on the net before it was cool to do so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm
Magni Prime

My wife would literally slaughter me if I worked your job and did not invite her to join in. Still, i can relate to your husband . . . outside is not really my thing. I blame my upbringing. Dad was a computer nerd, so when kids learned to work on cars or play sports we did a Commodore 64. That, combined with growing up in Southern Texas meant it was hot as ballz out. I remember telling my wife before we met in person that I didn't go out if the sun was up. She thought that was crazy . . . till she joined me. Then we avoided going out if the sun was up.

Yeah, we met on the net before it was cool to do so.

I make my husband do outdoorsy things all the time. Kayaking, hiking, bike riding, camping.... Haha

I used to not do a lot of outdoorsy things, but I'm all for it now. I understand unbearable heat though. My fair Irish skin can't take the Florida sun. I'm a pasty thing, and when I do go outside I burn. My husband tans really well though, it's really quite annoying as well as strange. He is Dutch and they are pretty much all really pale so I don't know why he and his family tan so easily. My father-in-law is always making comments about how pale I am and how I need to go outside more often.

How long have you and your wife been married?

TwinkelenS t a r

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 am
Marriage? I remember that. 3x  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm
I'm in number two, though technichally I have had 4 ceremonies. ninja

Wife 1, JP ceremony and wedding lasted 2wks 3days.

Wife 2, Together for 12+ years now, so commonlaw came into effect. Not long ago we had a JP wedding to make it legal, and a homebrew handfasting.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm
Wow 12 years? That's great!

My husband and I have been married for three [as of December 12th] and in February we will have been together for 6 years.

And I've only ever had two boyfriends.... Though I honestly don't count the first one. [met online... yada yada yada... met in person... he was a total creep... we broke up.. end of story.. haha]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 pm
Yeah, we were together for something like 9 or 10 years before we wed . . . she claims it was "so I had ample chance to run away" but after we were together about a year and she told me she was pregnant I was not about to ever run away from my kids. I do love her . . . but there are some fundamental differences that make me wanna strangle her.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm
Tana was married once, it was great while it lasted and before Tana became the monster he was. I just miss my daughter so much. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm
Aww, I'm sorry Tana. Do you live close to your daughter, or did your former wife take her out of town/state?

Alex- Haha I think every relationship has those moments where you want to strangle the other person. n_n

So how old is everyone? I get the feeling a few of you may be older than me. [I'm 24 by the way]

TwinkelenS t a r

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm
Tanakietsu
Tana was married once, it was great while it lasted and before Tana became the monster he was. I just miss my daughter so much. sad

massive hugs for my dear old friend. I wish there was something I could do to help you. crying

Twink - we had a friend a while back that handed out nicknames. We had names like Goosey, Pancake, and the like. Me? I was "Hen no ecchi ojiisan." I am told that such translates to "Perverted old man of wierdness." Yes, i embraced that with pride.

For the record, I am 34years of age.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm
Thank you, Captain Big Bro Talon. ;3 *hugs back* Occasionally posting here on Gaia again can be pretty therapeutic.

Well, she was born back when her mother and I were living in Italy. I was born and raised there, and when everything fell apart her mother came to the States. When I cleaned up I followed them, and as I normally do (I am someone who cannot stay in one place for a long time - I get really antsy) I eventually moved to where I am now. So in the recent years it's been a city not too far off from Roma then Maryland, and now Washington state. My daughter and her mother live in Maryland still. I do get to talk to her every night before she goes to bed. So it's not all bad.

I'm 31, 32 later this year.

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm
Tanakietsu
Thank you, Captain Big Bro Talon. ;3 *hugs back* Occasionally posting here on Gaia again can be pretty therapeutic.

Well, she was born back when her mother and I were living in Italy. I was born and raised there, and when everything fell apart her mother came to the States. When I cleaned up I followed them, and as I normally do (I am someone who cannot stay in one place for a long time - I get really antsy) I eventually moved to where I am now. So in the recent years it's been a city not too far off from Roma then Maryland, and now Washington state. My daughter and her mother live in Maryland still. I do get to talk to her every night before she goes to bed. So it's not all bad.

I'm 31, 32 later this year.

I'm all for giving an old friend a nice big hug. Any time you need to talk for any reason, just give me a buzz. Hell, if things worked out that way, I wouldn't mind taking you out for a burger or something. Just to say I did it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 am
                Heh. You guys are not the oldest friends I have then.

Oh, I'm going to hate this semester..... I have mandatory philosophy-based classes and dkjfdskfsldkjfsdfkjsdf. I don't do philosophy. It makes my head hurt and then I'm upset because I'm the only one in class who can't follow along because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S BEING SAID. And then, the worst part is,I have no idea if I'm right or not or what kind of answer the professor is looking for because it's not like science or math where there's right answers.

PHILOSOPHY

WHAT THE ******** AM I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm
I don't think I would do well in philosophy. Not only is it essentially useless in society and employment, but it also is far more esoteric than my logical mind prefers to be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm
Ever just start thinking about casting your ultimate team for a movie? I was just thinking about names I would want for roles in a Transformers movie (non-bay).

Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen
Prowl - Patrick Stewart
Alpha Trion - Liam Neeson
Bumblebee (yes, he would slaggin talk!) - Elija Wood

Megatron - Simon Templeman
Shockwave - Lance Hendrickson  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 pm
Alexander Magnus
I don't think I would do well in philosophy. Not only is it essentially useless in society and employment, but it also is far more esoteric than my logical mind prefers to be.

I concur  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games