Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am
I'm here! I just can't seem to remember to check my guilds as often as I should. I do not get notifications for them [which is dumb] so I always forget to check!

Sorry to hear about your job, Alexander Magnus. [I have no idea what you would like to be called, so I may just start calling you Alex.]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 pm
Been sharpening my blade. RP style (of various platforms). Of course it's kind of frustrating that all these people want to use Japangrish in their RP and I'm all "I wanna use Engtalian." 3x I understand the fascination in the various cultures, being an avid manga reader and a casual Asian culture history reader, but I'm kind of tired of the focus being solely on one continent. I'm not saying Europe is under-appreciated. It's the other continents I'd like to see get some attention (Saying this despite all the arguments I hear and all the crap I get everywhere when I bring this up).

I'd really like to fight someone who isn't using the English-to-Japanese google translate function. I'd even prefer two people, including myself, using English only but with awesome (And by awesome I do mean atrociously lame) attack names that are so overblown it's ridiculous. The type that make you face-palm and go "Oh jeez, I can't believe he really just called his attack that." I of course mean something along the following:

XXX swung his sword violently towards his opponent, shouting out in agonizing rage "Super-powered Obvious Forward Slash of Face Severing EXTREME!"

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm
Call me anything you like that's friendly, Twinkel. We be friends. ^_^

*suddenly very nervous about his own use of translators for his Bleach character*

eek Did . . . they really just rerelease the devil tail and halo?!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Where did you see that Talon, I haven't seen any kind of info like that.  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm
it was a mistake. The anniversary announcement said "Bundle" but was for that fashion buddy . . . when I saw them say bundle, reference nostalgic looks, and show a guy wearing the tail, and a girl wearing the halo . . . . I got hopeful. emo

the tail is my grail. Wanted forever, never to be had.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am
Oh man, permission to call you anything friendly.. -ponders over her options-

I got excited when I saw the bundle too!!! Then I went to the store and realized it was not the actual tail. It made me quite sad.

Penguin slippers are my grail. Sad thing is... I acquired them and the nitemare scarf once before... Then my account was hacked, now those items are basically impossible to obtain.

TwinkelenS t a r

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm
Sony presentation was successfully impressive to me. Looking forward to throwing away gobs of money yet again. u_u  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 pm
O_O you had the tail and lost it?! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn . . . .

I did not get the chance to see the presentation, but already am seeing people bitching about the dual shock 4 having a touchpad like the Wii U.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am
No, no.. Not a tail. The penguin slippers and nitemare scarf were two items I had before being hacked. Both super expensive and now completely unobtainable.

I went to a Lindsey Stirling concert last night, and it was amazing! Do either of you know of and or listen to her music?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 am
Tana has never heard the name before. What type of music does she perform?

I had a tail back in '03. Sold it for 15k. I can't help but laugh, Talon nii-sama.

Edit: Argh, I really need to find a place that isn't filled with morons (ie facebook, twitter, etc) that I can rant about issues (nothing important like economic or political or global issues) such as Sony's reveal that the ps4 wont be backwards compatible. So many people bitching and whining, and while I'd really like to set them straight I hesitate because those sites would allow people not involved (in a non-shouting match argument) directly to chip in and bring in too much unwanted pathos-type arguments.  

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm
She is considered to be like a dub-step violinist. I personally hate dub-step, but adore her. Here is one of her songs. I know her originally by her Zelda Medley that she did, but all of her stuff is amazing.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm
TwinkelenS t a r
She is considered to be like a dub-step violinist. I personally hate dub-step, but adore her. Here is one of her songs. I know her originally by her Zelda Medley that she did, but all of her stuff is amazing.

That music is . . . . strangely awesome. eek

At least I made your life better for a few fleeting moments, Tana-san. *hugs and gropes*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 am
*huggles for Magni* Sorry about your job! As my non-religious dad always says "Keep the faith!".

Great music!!

In other news: I was accepted at Univeristy of Wisconsin-Madison for an MLIS! Whoot! Now just to hear back from other places and about financial aid.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm
-nods- She is quite amazing. n_n

Congratualtions Kool-Aid!

TwinkelenS t a r

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm
She is indeed great. I wrote a couple great RP posts to her.

Well, I got the client back (long story), and perhaps another one. Oddly enough, it was one of my first clients from over a year ago.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games