Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 pm
Oh god, I'm afraid to ask... How old is your brother and what's his favorite game?

Oh, and I'm sure you know, revealing any spoilers about the MGS storyline will earn you Arabian goggles from a Turkish Body Builder, right after he had a workout.

As for the PS3. You're really not looking at the big picture. I mean, for someone who likes the Wii, I'll say you must enjoy your share of casual games, which the PS3 has plenty of on the online store. First of all, they don't cost that much. You got great games like echochrome, you got Little Big Planet getting released sometime in near future, it's gonna be bananas.

As for the big budget games, well, they kinda suck on all platforms lately. I mean, for how long the 360 has been released, it doesn't have that many really good exclusives either.
The PS3 has Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which might have gorgeous graphics and very entertaining narrative, but they don't take away from the extremely fun gameplay. Uncharted might not be for people who only play their games once. But considering I replay my games on a regular basis, Uncharted is well worth having. Same with Heavenly Sword, yeah, it's a pretty short game, but considering I replay my games, it doesn't really bother me. As for the gameplay, well, if you like hack and slash games, then you'll like this one. To be honest, I think the battle mechanics are more fun than in God of War. And not to mention the fact that when playing as Kai, the other character, you get a whole new aim and shoot gameplay style. It's a really fun game, with an amazing narrative.
And then there's MGS4, which has become my new absolute favorite video game. Amazing storyline aside, the game has such a diversity of gameplay modes. I mean, from engaging in trench warfare, to sneaking around, to manning a turret, to stalking, it's got a very diverse gameplay variety.
I don't really rent games, so those are the only exclusives that I've played.

And then there's, of course, Blu-Ray, which has won its place as the official format of the new generation. And with an HD TV, you won't be watching your movies, you'll be experiencing them.
Actually, this past... Thursday, I think... I went to my buddy's who's hooked up with a big HD TV, and watched Resident Evil: Extinction on Blu-Ray. It was heavenly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:54 pm
19, gonna be 20 on the 31st, and Halo 3 of course. Like any other college athlete. Annoying, really...

And I wouldn't dream of revealing any spoilers. I mean, c'mon, infiltrating Shadow Moses is in the first ten minutes of the game. Maybe even the first five. razz

And sure. I balance my casual and hardcore nicely, usually playing casual with other people. The 360 has the downloadable games too (Xbox Live Marketplace) and the Wii recently came out with it (WiiWare). Have only a few XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) games, and no WiiWare, though I want Gyrostarr...

True. Most, if not all, 360 exclusives are shooters and RPGs... of which I like some of each. Not all, mind you.

And I too enjoy replayability, so the length of games doesn't matter too much for me.

And Blu-Ray was what was kinda luring me in anyway. Besides the few PS3 exclusives that look interesting. And MGS4, of course. And I do indeed have my beautiful 26" HDTV I got for my birthday last year. For an almost-16-year-old now, that's not bad. razz

Eh. I'm still thinking about it. xd Got at least a few weeks, so I'll mull it over. And I was pissed for my uncle because somehow his PS3 (a launch one) never came with component cables. He's not too HD-competent and thought when he plugged the composite cables into my HDTV it was HD. I just laughed. "Uh... imagine it looking about 20 times better than this." And I showed him the equivalent to what he really needed with my Wii component cables. Maybe he'll snag them. Then I'll feel like I did my part in helping. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:25 pm
Well, the PS3 is well worth having. That's the bottom line. It might've seemed like it had a bad start, but let's face it, the 360 had nothing on it when it first came out.
The Wii pretty much was the only one that had a killer app, being Zelda, and that's only because they've been developing it for the cube for several years, so they had more than enough time.
But by now, the PS3 is holding up well on its own, and with MGS4 sales as high as they were, and all the PS3s that were sold upon its release, it's only gonna encourage developers to make more PS3 exclusives.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 pm
If only those assholes would put more time into Wii games... Did you hear what Ubisoft said? They were making the s**t games like the Petz series for Wii solely to fund their PS360 projects.

At least there are quite a few Wii exclusives I'm looking forward to. The third-party development looks to be gaining speed on the Wii as well.

And I think I'll save up for it. I'm feeling in that mood right now. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 am
3rd party development has been s**t on ALL consoles these days. I mean, everyone's always looking for good exclusives. But the games that come out on shared platforms... Don't get me started.

But whatever. I know one thing. First and second party games are always good and reliable. And, of course, there's the odd gem, like Metal Gear Solid, but that's Konami, they don't ******** around, they actually know what they're doing. Which made me realize something about Resident Evil, but I'll see if I can find a more appropriate thread to discuss it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:08 am
*shrugs* I personally like stuff on all three consoles. Each has their own ups and downs, and smash hits. Take the Wii for example, while while Brawl is a great game, I'll take No More Heroes anyday. I also like how they made it backwards compatible for all Gamecube games (I'll end up selling mine once I move in with my fiance.)

I'll be honest, there are only two PS3 games I'm even remotely intrested in right now: Uncharted, and Heavenly Sword. Sadly, while both are great games, 2 games are not enough of a motivator for me to buy a ps3, I'll stick with my ps2, thank you kindly.

As for the 360, there are some titles on there I really like. Bioshock is a very interesting (and fun) survival-horroresque shooter. Mass Effect, while short, is a pretty fun rpg shooter with amazing architecture and graphics, not to mention the storyline. If you want to go for something a bit more unique, The Bard's Tale is what you need. It's an absolutely hilarious rpg. But what I'm currently looking forward to most right now is the release of Soul Calibur IV, probably the greatest fighting series of our time, next to maybe Street Fighter.

As I said, each console has their own advantages. Personally, I think console loyalty is kinda retarded, especially with the diversity of great games out there. Thar, there's my 2 cents on the matter.  

Javanomicron

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 am
Mass Effect and Bioshock are also available for PC, and Bioshock is coming to PS3 as well, so those aren't really exclusives though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:54 am
Bioshocks coming to PS3? heh. I didn't know that. Doesn't matter anyway. Completed it already.  

Ivory Lie

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 pm
You only play your games once?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 pm
i play all my games at least twice (with the exception of RE4) to at least get the storyline straight. then i play for the heck of it. smile  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:59 pm
Well, if you're gonna play a game only once, there's really no point in buying it, is there? Right?

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, Soul Calibur is overrated. It's awesome, but calling it the best fighting game is a bit strong. Namco knows what they're doing, but even in those terms, Tekken beats Soul Calibur.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:17 pm
Bio's right... Tekken pwns Soul Calibur.

I love replaying my games... It's like re-reading a favorite book over and over. 3nodding  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:46 pm
Of course... Nothing in the world PWNS THIS!

No offense to anyone, but hearing people say, "I only play a game once," kind of annoys me, for some reason. I guess because it's like, "So why the hell did you buy it!? Give the game to ME! I'll make GOOD use of it!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 pm
Heheeee!!!

The question is... who do I want to win??

eek  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 pm
It's not about what you want. It's about which controller I'm holding. cool  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games