Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 am
                That would be nice, I think, an anti-rust roleplay - or maybe, someone with the know-how will one day make a D&D style roleplay complete with dice rolls.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 am
welian
                That would be nice, I think, an anti-rust roleplay - or maybe, someone with the know-how will one day make a D&D style roleplay complete with dice rolls.
well we can roll dice here on gaia, we just have to have the character sheets really.. we could probably post them to a forum,  

shinka134

Lonely Sailor

12,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

shinka134

Lonely Sailor

12,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:36 am
A lot of the Roleplay guilds are like that these days, yea I think we could go for a good roleplay just for those of us who still show up, I noticed some of your first page RPs date back to 2002..  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm
Tana - I am not one to have a list of characters to pull out whenever need be. I always make up a new character for each role play. I just feel that they all deserve their own back-story and I don't feel right changing things with my characters to make them fit just so I can use them again.

I am bad about using the same pictures over an over again though. >> It's hard work trying to find an acceptable image....... and I am lazy

TwinkelenS t a r

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:34 pm
I hope I don't sound elitist here, but I've read this type of comment many a time and it had so forgive me if I do, but I absolutely abhor using pictures as what my character looks like. Generally if I see a rp that requires a picture, I pass on it without reading anything else. I think what bothers me, other than not taking the time out to think of what your character should look like (it is your creation after all), is that I dislike having to focus on reading text then matching the text of personalities, habits, potential equipment, religious beliefs to a picture of (usually an anime-esque character) a person that looks completely opposite of that. It should all be text, in my opinion. That's what we did in the old days of D&D. It worked. I like it. That's how I'm going to do it. x3

Sorry, I got a little preachy. But anyway. I don't mind as much if its the person drawing it who uses the picture, but if it's just a picture that's being borrowed from some DevArt account I get a little annoyed. This used to not be the case, and I wouldn't mind. But after a couple times of being rejected for not using a picture and instead having lengthy, detailed descriptions that I worked hard on for my own OC, I get a little ******** pissed at the young kids who think they are the boss of my creative "talent" (I've faced the facts that I'm not at all that talented).
---
Also, I'm curious what mon Capiton thinks of a lazy, super casual oldbie rp.
---
So many edits on this... but I too am like that, Twinkle. Every character I use for any kind of rp is different with their own unique (even if muddied in unoriginal tropes and themes). I always use different names too. The only time I repeat online handles in video games. Gaia not included.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 pm
I hate, hate, hate using pictures.... and back in the day I never used pictures! However, it is impossible to find role plays [that I like] where a picture is not required. Sooooooo now I use pictures and must admit I have gotten fairly lazy in describing my characters because of the visual reference already available to people.
That's not to say I don't describe their appearance, because in my first post I always type up a description of my character; it's just not as in depth as it used to be. n_n

TwinkelenS t a r

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm
I am open to just about any RP you all want to make. rofl

I also use just text in nearly all RP, and only have used pics sparingly. Usually, such is for weapons or effects instead of people. That, and I have commissioned only one bit of character art, and such is ooooooooooooooooooold

I'm not rusty! I've been RPing steadily through a Bleach guild where I have become something of a serious threat to people (or at least I try to be).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am
Happy PIE day!!! rofl  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm
yum_pie  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:12 pm
mmmmmm . . . had a breakfast pie.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm
quiet . . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 pm
I personally don't mind pictures. I like typing enough to be able to describe my character accurately, but sometimes pictures help, sometimes I'm RPing with people who don't want to write, or can't seem to write enough to properly describe a character. sometimes it helps because I can't or he/she can't find the words to depict their character properly.. many different reasons. but yes I prefer not to use pictures, but I remember back when my vocab wasn't extensve enough not to use them.  

shinka134

Lonely Sailor

12,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 am
Tana! I got accepted to University of Washington! I'mma come to your house and DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! (maybe, if I can afford it...it's a pretty expensive milkshake to be honest...)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 am
Oh the ways to pervert that statement. twisted
I may 'drink his milkshake' too. He's that smexy.

I plan to move to WA as well, would be awesomesauce to meet up for like a meal or something. 3nodding  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

shinka134

Lonely Sailor

12,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 am
Yay washington. I'm actually up here right now eek  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games