Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 pm
I've been meaning to play Metal Gear Solid 4. There just a tiny problem... I don't have a PS3 on which to play it. Hopefully I can go to my friends house sometime... That'd be fun. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 pm
Well, I certainly hope you've played and beat the other ones first.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Speaking of which... I just sat my a** down today and gamed hard to beat the first one in one day. About 10 hours on my first ever playthrough. Was great. My head is just swimming with this story and I'm super excited to get the second one. Now I wonder if the Essential Collection has Substance and Subsistence... And then I want The Twin Snakes... s**t, the PS3 may have some competition. xd

"You don't save very often. You are a reckless man." You know you have problems when you get told to save more by a video game. :XP:

And I also bought Manhunt yesterday for ten bucks and played a bit today. And whoa... Dude, this game is just... Wow. Vicious doesn't even begin to describe it. It plays somewhat like MGS, actually. You want to avoid conflict, and try to avoid or execute the baddies quietly. And the executions are just... *shudder*

There are three levels of execution per item. Trigger one of three by sneaking up behind your victim and holding X or square. The cursor will be white for a few seconds for a quick kill, then turn yellow for a vicious kill, and then red for a gruesome kill. Be careful that they don't turn around though or you'll have to fight or run! Release the button and the camera switches to that of a home video camera to show the viewpoint of the footage the Director is getting.

Let me put it this way: the very second execution I did was with a glass shard where I stabbed this guy in the chest, tore it out his side, and jammed it into his eyeball. You be the judge.

(I loved it! Not in a "I'm gonna be a murderer" kind of way, but just in that way that satisfies one's basest survival instinct. Kinda weird, yeah, but that's how I feel.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:58 pm
He always says that. I swear I don't know what he wants from you, that you save in EVERY room, maybe.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:32 am
Woah.

This is some old s**t.

How is everyone?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am
Hey, it's that guy who abandoned us!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 am
Did I abandon you guys?

Nah, I just completely forgot about Gaia. Stuff happens you know?

Sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 am
Well, okay then. As long as you weren't like, all over Gaia except for this guild.

Still, you've missed a lot.
I have forsaken Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, and any future RE title released by Capcom. As far as I'm concerned, the only canon games are RE0, 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica. And I'm pretending like RE4, UC, etc. etc. etc., never happened.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:02 am
Little VGD here and there.

I knew UC looked strange. What's the problem?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:10 am
Well, you know how sometimes some idiots think it's a good idea to introduce a new character, but then make it seem like that character was thee the whole time, just we happened to not see them during those particular times. That's essentially what they did with that new "Sergei Vladimir" character. They put him into all the scenarios like he was there during RE0, during REmake (retrieving ANOTHER BOW from the Arklay Lab, which ends up being the final boss, of all things), and essentially, gimped the storyline big time. Not to mention the way Wesker was portrayed, they made him seem more like a stereotypical Bond Villain than ever. He talks to himself, say really stupid things, etc. etc.
I found that along with RE4, UC cause me to start disliking the classic RE games more and more, and if I were to keep playing or acknowledging them, I'd end up hating the entire series. I didn't want to allow that, so I'm isloating myself from any RE titles released after RE0 (excluding Outbreaks). Capcom has bastartized the series big time, the most I could do is preserve my love for the classic games, at this point.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 am
Alright I understand UC. I wouldn't consider it canon either. I thought it was just some spin-off game anyway and had no real connection with the old REs.

I still like RE4. Although it's not really a Resident Evil I can still enjoy the storyline and I consider it canon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 am
No, the way I see it, as far as Capcom is concerned, UC is perfectly Canon.
As for RE4, well, as far as I'm concerned, Resident Evil was three things: Umbrella, T-Virus and Zombies.
RE4 has none of those. Briefly mentioning them doesn't count. Getting rid of my RE4's was one of the most liberating experiences I've felt in a while.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 am
Well s**t, Capcom.

So if you ignore RE4 you are ignoring RE5 which could redeem the story right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:30 am
Well, so far, what we know is that the enemies in RE5 are NOT zombies. And it's not like RE5 is gonna ignore RE4, so it acknowledges those events, including the downfall of Umbrella. And the gameplay looks like more action and less horror than ever.
So even if it COULD'VE redeemed the series, I can already see that it hasn't.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am
I read up on the whole UC thing and I'm disappointed. The Mr. X types were just clones of these Vladimir guy? Gay.

Aye. You give some good points. I'm not willing to give up on the series besides UC. With Chris and Wesker in the mix for RE5 I'm waiting to see what will happen.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games