Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am
br3akape
hello all, i'm new here biggrin

i'm br3akape,
i live in the wonderfull country of the Netherlands.

i hope i can get in some great rp's here.

nice to see ya all sweatdrop

Welcome!

My husband is from the Netherlands! I've visited your country several times and absolutely love it over there. n_n

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 pm
shinka134
Alexander Magnus
I have an old incredible that is working for now. When the price of the stupid part comes down, then I will repair it. For now, I'll try to make it work.
Still lame... but there are people out there who are authorized to work on your phone and maintain the warranty that will charge half the price.

Not around here. I did a few hours of internet search and a dozen calls. all were a 90 minute drive from me, all said it would be minimum 310, All required a 24 turnaround time (meaning I would have to take two trips). I agree it is bullshit, but for now I just can't afford or expect to spend approximately $400 on a phone when all is said and done. Especially when I already own it.

welcome br3akape . . . *gluggles*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

shinka134

Lonely Sailor

12,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm
Alexander Magnus
shinka134
Alexander Magnus
I have an old incredible that is working for now. When the price of the stupid part comes down, then I will repair it. For now, I'll try to make it work.
Still lame... but there are people out there who are authorized to work on your phone and maintain the warranty that will charge half the price.

Not around here. I did a few hours of internet search and a dozen calls. all were a 90 minute drive from me, all said it would be minimum 310, All required a 24 turnaround time (meaning I would have to take two trips). I agree it is bullshit, but for now I just can't afford or expect to spend approximately $400 on a phone when all is said and done. Especially when I already own it.

welcome br3akape . . . *gluggles*
eeew.. that's just.. eew  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 pm
*uses smoke signals* Got the new IFirepit. Works pretty reasonably on 20 of the 365 days a year in Seattle. n_n  

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm
-does a little dance- Just spent the entire afternoon prepping for my husbands birthday party this Saturday. Two cupcake fillings have been made as well as 36 cupcakes! n_n I am making vanilla cakes half filled with a strawberry compote and the other half filled with a lemon curd. Then to top it all off, I am making one strawberry cream cheese frosting and one limoncello/lemon zest cream cheese frosting. Fancy, fancy. -nods-  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 pm
shinka134
eeew.. that's just.. eew

Yep. I am just going to limp along with my old phone for as long as I can, and repair the phone when it is far less for the damned part. With a range of $310 to $350, I know the vast majority of the problem is the part. I just have to wait.

Besides, my computer is several years old and starting to give me the blue screen of death too. crying  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 am
school is ******** expensive. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 pm
That it is... that it is.. My husband is a full time student and I am the only one working right now, so our budget is a very tight one because of his school.  

TwinkelenS t a r

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 pm
Poor Boston... *thinks back to his homeland where police officers are allowed to carry more lethal weaponry*

Edit: Thank goodness it's over. Back to peaceful videogames for Tana. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:07 pm
The Doctor sang that song, the one Tana remembers from Tank Girl. How epic. <3  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:18 pm
TwinkelenS t a r
That it is... that it is.. My husband is a full time student and I am the only one working right now, so our budget is a very tight one because of his school.

Just finished my FAFSA the other day with the taxes from last year. Combined, my wife and I made about 15k. For the year. Just as a reference, current poverty levels require a house of four such as mine to make $23,050 or less to be considered below the poverty line.

Yeah, I am broke as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I don't even know how deep in debt I am just now. All I know is that I am going to have to stay in school or drown in debt that I will never see the end of.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:50 pm
Browsing through 16k+ results on "bookends" from Amazon is much more difficult than I thought. I have a few actual ideas of what I'd want for themed bookends, but I keep catching myself thinking "this wouldn't be thematic for what I want" when the only theme I have going for me is grabbag at best. Ugh... So many great ideas. It seems a shame that I'd have to narrow it down to just one. Let the tedium continue.  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:54 pm
So now . . . I have a 6 day stint at work. eek  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm
Alexander Magnus
TwinkelenS t a r

Just finished my FAFSA the other day with the taxes from last year. Combined, my wife and I made about 15k. For the year. Just as a reference, current poverty levels require a house of four such as mine to make $23,050 or less to be considered below the poverty line.

Yeah, I am broke as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I don't even know how deep in debt I am just now. All I know is that I am going to have to stay in school or drown in debt that I will never see the end of.

Then you should get the full amount from FAFSA for your schooling right? I know it isn't always enough, depending on the tuition, but my husband gets the full amount as well as financial aid through his school. This has helped us out tremendously when it comes to being about to pay for everything without loans.  

TwinkelenS t a r

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm
TwinkelenS t a r
Then you should get the full amount from FAFSA for your schooling right? I know it isn't always enough, depending on the tuition, but my husband gets the full amount as well as financial aid through his school. This has helped us out tremendously when it comes to being about to pay for everything without loans.

Yeah, student loans have been my lifeline. I hate them, but they are a necessary evil.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games