Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am
My thoughts on Pacific rim have not been positive, but I hope you enjoy it!
---
I've never heard of pescetarian, but I enjoy the word immensely. It feels natural to say, but that might be due to nationality...
---
Tana has never liked bacon, nor any pig related foodstuff, Just a personal thing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 am
I wanna see Pacific Rim, but only 'cause the set-up and the monsters and robots look cool. I don't really watch a movie for its' story, unless I know it's based off something specific. I watch for special effects and things that make me go 'that looks like it was fun to make/create!'  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:09 am
Honestly, I recognize that the movie is a plot train wreck. "Giant monsters come to destroy us all. We make giant robots to fight them. We win for a while, lose some, and then win in the end." Rehashed from so many Godzilla movies it is absurd . . . but still, this looks fun. Will it be a literary masterpiece? no . . . but then again, in that light Avengers had no real plot either, and it was TONS of fun!

Tana . . . no . . . bacon?! eek No ham, no sausage? crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm
I've never liked them to begin with, so not having them in my life isn't really a big thing. I do dislike this rather bizarre bacon = American trend. I find it rather obnoxious. For what it's worth, I did find out at an early age that I couldn't digest any type of sausage for whatever reason, though it's always been speculated that it's for psychological reasons.  

Tanakietsu

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:25 pm
I am not a fan of bacon, sausage, ham etc either!

Also, I tried to go vegetarian for a little while.... My family gave me so much crap about it that I just gave up.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 am
crying I don't like it because it is an American tradition . . .

i just like bacon a lot.

*hides in the meat lover's corner*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 am
                -bangs head on keyboard-

I HATE WRITING PAPERS. I'M A DUMB LOSER WHO'S GOING TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL AND LIVE IN A DUMPSTER AND OH MY GOD HOW COME THE FRIEND WHO VISITED ME ONCE AND SAT IN ON THE CLASS UNDERSTANDS THE ASSIGNMENT BETTER THAN I DO

HE
                DOESN'T
                EVEN
                GO
                HERE
                AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY DID I PICK A MAJOR SO HEAVY ON PHILOSOPHY

WHY

I'M GOING TO JOIN THE OTHER HALF OF MY FRIENDS THAT ARE PONDERING CONVENIENTLY FALL OFF THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.

-twitch twitch-

(protip i'm not actually suicidal i'm just massively frustrated right now it's been a bad academic year)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am
eek

*replaces coffee with decaf* ....

Someone mentioned Pacific Rim!
I'm totally excited about it! A little anxious too....but mostly excited.  

DarkScarlettVixen

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:58 pm
                User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:29 am
I think it will be a good summer film . . . less intelligent, more Boom!, overall mindless entertainment to enjoy without thinking. For that, it looks good.

Welian . . . you know you could always talk to me. I will help all I can. I am no philosopher, but I am a psychologist. Perhaps a new person to talk to might be of some help? *hugs*

talon_tds@yahoo.com if you wanna email or instant message.

Yes, you all can do that too, if you want.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:51 pm
^___^ Thank you!

I'm really frazzled this semester - my Global Perspectives class requires a very introspective paper for the final assignment, but critical thinking has never been one of my strong points so I haven't done very well in that class at all. So, I'm panicking a bit. I'm not all that great at prewriting either and I've been dragging my a** on that as well because I've been too scared to actually start writing. Ugh! I am a hot mess. :/  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm
Tana has made his life to revolve around writing, whether it be story telling or essay writing (which can be both at the same time), and never have I found prewriting efficient. Brainstorming is about a close as I could ever get. Unless you count story boarding, which I don't. Unfortunately, I don't have the availability of instant message, but I too offer any kind of help I may be able to provide. Though Talon is a much more capable person than I, so I suppose I could say I'm a very last resort?  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 am
You sell yourself short, my Captain. I never had any issue with your words, and found them interesting.

I remember doing drafts back in the late 90s when I went to a physical school. They work, but to me seem a lot of extra work. When I write, I have a general outline, and then just kinda go like I am talking. Let the words/ideas flow naturally, and the paper works better. One thing to be very aware of is an old theater axiom. "If you are bored doing it, they are bored watching it." In writing, that means if you don't give a shite about what you are doing, they won't like it either. Passion translates into the words, my dear companions.

Introspection, ne? Damn. I am good at that, but such is not something you really can get help with. "Hey, can you look in me and tell me what you see?" Not as effective as it sounds. sweatdrop Still . . . you guys are always welcome to message me. Hell, a few of yeh might even get me cell number if I like yeh enough. ^_~ Magni likey texting.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 pm
What used to work for me, when I was in my "school is for chumps" phase of life (I believe my phrasing is correct), is I would just write the paper with no forethought involved at all. Eventually when I was found out and began to care about it, I would do the same thing, but afterwards I began understanding the mechanics of editing and I would edit so much that the original paper would have turned into something much more deep, and possibly better.

Helping others with introspection can be done, but only helping. And by which I mean guiding someone who has to do introspection on ways to think to themselves. But isn't it usually the introspection itself isn't too difficult but the manner of writing is so counterpoint to the writing styles typically called upon for by University which makes it challenging? I'd suggest the time inbetween different assignments which call for the use of introspective writing to be at fault for its general dismissal in opinion.
---
Passion in writing can be confused with urgency sometimes. u_u;;
---
Tana is proud, he didn't use third person to refer to himself until now. n_n He also believes he gives himself as much credit as he deserves.  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm
ug want to know why ug refer to ug in third person.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games