Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm
I'm basically on 1 track as well, as my majors were in related fields. I also want to get a doctorate eventually.

That suffix is for respect. I just tend to think of it as a term specifically for superiors, random mental hang-up of mine. xp

*gluggles the guild pervert* 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:42 am
Ojiisan is Ojiisan
Snowman is Snowman
Tana-tan is Tana-tan... or chan sometimes... whee

This goose just wishes ibuprofen kicked in a little faster...
A night of sleeping wrong, and my shoulder and neck are in a bit of pain...  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 am
Tana can be whoever anyone wants him to be. Unless it's a spouse. I don't do that. n_n;; I generally use chameleons for any kind of anthropomorphic character. Though if I don't I also likes panthers, tigers, rhinos, and hippos! Dx But mostly chameleons. That way I can manipulate a character's flexibility.

Well wishes and hugs for a sore Goosey. *hugs*  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 pm
Well, I deeply respect those here. Tana, Goosey, Yoder, you are old friends, and I hold you all in high regard. So yep. You are samas to me. ^_^

*hugs for Goosey* I wish I could be of some help, darlin. sad

I still wish my shifter RP worked. I would have loved to have seen a were-chameleon in there.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 pm
Fell better soon, DTT!

Shifter was a neat idea, and you might even want to try a spin/revival of it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:43 am
I dunno, being in the goofy mood I am, I'd currently suggest a were-hippo for myself. x3 Sounds very Tana-like.  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm
Can't call it a revival, never took off. crying

If you want, I can easily give you access to the guild and let you poke around. Fine tuning might help it.

Hippos are incredibly aggressive and powerful creatures. cool Me? I kinda wanted to make a spider or a scorpion. I seem to have a serious crush on their form.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 pm
True...

I think I'm still a member of that guild, if it's called "The Extra Guild."

I could go for ferret or bear.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 am
                latest ear-worm

Respect, huh? Seems like I'm not the only one who has a thing for being in control then. Being the boss is fun.

But yeah, so, I got to see Iron Man 3 yesterday. Not sure who I love more, Tony Stark or the damn suits of his.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm
Nope, it is called "Behind Animal Eyes, The World of Were"

Anybody here is welcome to join and need only let me know. Invites will be sent out. I literally spent a year making that world- organizing different governments for the three factions of shifters: mammals, reptiles, and insects.

Quote:
The Werewolf is iconic, all are aware of it. What is less known is the idea that they are not alone. Instead there are countless species of were-creatures that form a world within human societies. Every area populated by man has a population of these Shifters, and all must face the animal urges and the battles of their world.

Political pressure between the three major groups, the Taws Nations, the Scute Dominion, and the Chiton Empire.

Exposure of them could mean war between Shifters and Humans.

Legends and terrors, saviors and sinners . . . all are represented by a makeup of those that are not afraid to embrace what mankind claims to dominate. Such a fragile balance has been maintained for centuries, but something major has happened. The world, forced to a halt from one of the nations now faces economic implosion. Shifters have been exposed, and what was once a cold war and dismissed as lunacy is very real.

With societies collapsing, where do you stand?

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm
welian
latest ear-worm

Respect, huh? Seems like I'm not the only one who has a thing for being in control then. Being the boss is fun.

But yeah, so, I got to see Iron Man 3 yesterday. Not sure who I love more, Tony Stark or the damn suits of his.

hai. Respect.

As for Iron Man 3, I felt it was . . . okay. Not brilliant, but not bad either. If anything, I would have liked to have seen the various armors more than half a second on most, and even more of what got more time. I mean, Tony was on the MK 47! What did he make??? Would have loved to have seen a good hulkbuster armor.

I also saw a bit online that was pissed about what happened to Pepper. Not the plot twist, but her character development. She was a strong character in Iron Man, the mature one. She was a powerful force in Iron Man 2, running the company and having Hammer arrested . . . in Iron Man 3, she was a victim, a damsel in distress. Kinda a step backward for women in Comic Book movies.  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 am
Sure, I'd appreciate an invite, Magni.

It seems like Stark is a stagnant character (in the movies, i make no claims about comics). He seems to forget most of the lessons he learned in past movies.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm
he is a self-centered a**, and that is consistent with the comic book version. At least they don't have him as a constant raving drunk all the time. sweatdrop Invites are coming your way, good sir.  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:01 pm
Side note- I believe the "extra guild" was headed by the Legendary Sama-san . . . but he has long since moved on.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:07 pm
Mammals: warm-blooded, having hair, and widely varied.

The Taws may be the most populous and widely diverse group of animals on earth, and consequently have the most broad types of any Shifter nation. From the largest land animals on Earth, to the smallest imaginable, virtually all species have been given at least one representative in history. Perhaps this is due to humans being mammals themselves, making the change the least dramatic on a body.

The shining jewel of antiquity is that the original creature, the Werewolf, was a Taws. They are the core, the original. Despite such, other than social standing such provides no real benefit. Wolves are just one of many now, and while powerful, they are hardly assured any real dominance. In most communities, either a council is in place, or at least respect is there for a pack leader. Dominance is a combination of both physical power, and the support of others within the group.

Still, some stereotypes are common and supported. While not often gifted, those with extreme strength are offered jobs protecting those in power. For the higher echelons, a group of intensely loyal soldiers have for a century served as both the will and defense of the ruling parties. Areas as large as a state are governed by leaders guarded by the Iron Horn. Were-rhinos proven to serve loyally. Not to a person, but to the power of the ruling class. In cases of dispute, they remain silent and still until a leader emerges. Respecting authority beyond all else, an Iron Horn is a force to be reckoned with. A crash of Iron Horns proves to be near impossible to stop.

Each group has it's outcasts, and for the Taws the fliers are the common rouges. Bats in particular, but gliding species are also given wary glances. Those that are capable of sustained gliding or flight are seen as being too close to the dreaded Ariels, the hushed secret society that few dare to investigate. No real links have been made between the airborne mammals and the hated fliers, but still that persecution exists.

Werewolves have taken one role to heart, that of sage. Being the oldest species, many turn to the wolves for answers- and such is a power that wolves are quick to relish. Carefully guarded secrets of Earth are sometimes seen as being 'magical,' but in truth are just the recorded discoveries of literally centuries of shifters. Many wolves adopt a wanderer or Native American persona, despite the human heritage. Known as Moon-speakers, these members of society are given a surprising freedom, allowed to walk through any Taws encampment freely, only removed when shown to be aggressive or a spy for rivals. Only about half of the wolves become Moon-speakers, but a few more assume the role for purposes of infiltration. Some are careless, making these sages accepted- but watched carefully.

Essentially, Taws rule through a power-based monarchy. Those that are strong rule, but the pack is there to temper both their strength and wisdom at any time. The greatest fighter at the mercy of his subjects lest he be dethroned.

Taws Blessing: By the nature of their beast, the strongest sense of their animal form carries over through human form. Were-Bears have an incredible sense of smell, moles have enhanced touch, and so forth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------Major Stereotypes----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariels: The dangerous scourge of the skies. Their ways are as hard to understand as their lives, minds too far in fantasy and clouds to ever be followed. Likely, it was their forgetfulness to ground themselves in the world that led to their downfall.

Chitons: Damned annoyances! A swarm is dangerous, but individually each bug is just a pain. Still, their lack of brains and insane strength makes them easy to dupe . . . as long as they don't realize what you are up to.

Scutes: Cold, dark, and untrustworthy. Behind a frozen smile they could be just as easily finding a way to turn against you at any time. Worst of all, they are smart. If we don't watch, they will be able to put a hurt on what is left of the world.

Vanes: Worse than your worst nightmare . . . the brains of Scutes, the numbers of Chitons, and the rarity of the Ariels. These people have brought the world crashing down on a whim, imagine what they could do if somebody actually pissed em off enough to come up here? No, we won't let em make a home here as well. Let em have the sea, or we'll have a fishy feast to prove this is our land!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games