Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:49 am
What is ... I don't even. Tana's done. *turns and walks away from this mess*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 am
Tanakietsu
What is ... I don't even. Tana's done. *turns and walks away from this mess*

Tana needs no more messes. He is a hot mess all on his own. heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

point to Munky . . . nice catch there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait . . . welian, is this the recombinant RP he was advertising? How could a person mutate into a car?!  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am
Alexander Magnus
Wait . . . welian, is this the recombinant RP he was advertising? How could a person mutate into a car?!

Yes it is. And no, my character hasn't mutated into a car. It's kind of a long story.... Let's just say the car is haunted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:49 pm
That's not so far from the truth, niisama. There has been an amount of fail today that just makes me want to smash adorable things into more adorable things at an impossible speed to do impossible things like force smashing them into one entity. Afterwards I take a violent thing and smash a box full of the super adorable, impossible things henceforth leaving a large bloody trail following me. *grumps all over the place*  

Tanakietsu

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm
Hello Guildies! I have an announcement for Yoder, He is having some technical difficulties so he wont be able to come around for a little bit ^^; please continue with your dally lives until such a time deems necessary for ceasing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am
Okay, I finally have internet back. Sorry for going dark for several days. I'll catch up on the posts later today.

EDIT:

Sorry about all that compounding pre-order crap, Magni.

That's quite a series of puns!  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 pm
Tana: That just makes me wanna pull up an image, but I don't know if I can find it. These will do.

User Image

User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wellies: haunted car, ne? I was planning on a Magneto-style crusader with powers over shadows and darkness . . . . and a merc character with sound manipulation. Of course, I have not made them yet. Just have character archetypes and powers at the moment.

Wraith and Octave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoder: Sorry for your net problems. I feel yah, bro. The puns were fun, though!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:58 pm
I've never watched an episode of that show.  

Tanakietsu

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:13 am
I have only seen snippets, and don't understand why it is so loved. Such was brought up because it is cute and adorable turned grimdark . . . as my beloved Captain wants to go on a murderous rage on fluffykind.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm
meep  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am
Neither do I, Magni... MLP (to be more precise, bronies) worries me a little.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 am
When is a good time to introduce myself? Now would probably be a good time. 'Ello everyone. I'm Duskstrider Hawkings but you may call me Shadow.  

Silent Shadow XIII

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:58 am
Hello Shadow and Welcome,

Hello other people who I very rarely talk to ^^

I'm not really sure about MLP my self, I very much was terrified of bronies (an appropriate reaction to hearing about grown men taking such an interest in some thing that no matter when one may say is made for little girls.) But after watching a particular reviewer, CR from That Guy With the Glasses, go over why he is a fan of the series and kind of explain things a little bit it at least made me not scared of them any more. I'll admit I even watched the first two episodes and can kind of understand why some people would like it (I have a major soft spot for the adorable) but at the same time what worries me is the incredibly wide reach of the show I've heard that most resently they have actually gotten big enough to be considered a sub culture which is kinda awesomely terrifying xD

In the end I don't think they are as creepy as most people take they to be, however the fandom of MLP is a sill a little wired I'll admit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm
The following is just rambling and is in no real response to anyone, and more targeted to the fact that I loathe gender association in general. The only specific gender associating I appreciate in any kind of anything is lingerie. But only because I adore mystification of the human body. (Inappropriate Tana time: I'd rather see scantily clad men and women than full nude ones.)
---
I've never felt any kind of awkwardness or creepiness coming from MLP fans I've met. And truthfully, I'm sure many of the series (whether it be novel, film, tv, or games) I enjoy could also be deemed bizarre. That said, the only negative about MLP fans is the same negative thing I find in fans of anything; they become annoying when it is simply the only thing they talk about and cannot seem to shut up when the discussion is over with. I get this way when it comes to fiction novels I'm fond of, especially the ones I've written/ am writing, and it's human nature.
---
As far as the image of older bronies being perceived as weird for liking a show made for "little girls"? Here's my answer:
Sailor Moon
Powerpuff Girls
80% of Teen Fiction novels.

In fact, much of early literature that was written by women for women was read primarily by males.
---
As for MLP and my impression of it, it simply does not interest me on the base levels to the point that I know it exists, and I am content with just that amount of information.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:16 pm
Welcome to the RPR, Shadow!

Good to see you around some more, Kitsune.

I don't know any bronies IRL, so I was just speaking of my impression of the fanbase as a whole. The extremity of the fandom is what I find off-putting.

Yeah, I did watch Sailor Moon, though that was way back when I was 5 or 6, so it was actually for the combat.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games