Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 pm
I'll admit I've only met a handful and they did infact creep me out not do to their love of MLP but based on other thing. I don't base my assumptions of the comminty based on them mearly the fact that I find older men being interested in some thing so directed at little girls to be a little bit strange.

I loved Power Puff growing up, never seen salor moon though but like I said before I'll fully admit that I happen to like cute things quiet a bit and I just always assumed I was in the minority. And it is seriously jsut the wide net that MLP:FM that is what if find so creepily fasicnating. I've seen the first two episdoes (well half of the second You Tube crapped out on me) and I'll admit that I liked it and though that it was a very good kids show, I'm just trying to figure out what why so very many guys are into this from what I can tell from a vast number of life styles.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 pm
I find rampant fandom nothing extraordinary. Harry Potter had it, Twilight, the current favorite - Game of Thrones, even Spongebob. And after watching a single episode of Spongebob I felt something close to illness. *shrug* I guess I just don't really find anything about it fascinating. u_u
---
Unrelated (to this) note, but related to an earlier topic which got drowned out in puns: I miss that one book series animorphs. That was cool.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am
I guess I'm not usually privy to such rampant fandom, since I ignore most of pop culture. It's sad that rampant fandom is considered somewhat normal.

*looks up* Huh, interesting... I read a lot of series intended for younger audiences while growing up, but I can't remember what any of them were named.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm
I am still fervently and unabashedly geeky for Transformers. sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 am
Though you're a fan of Transformers (as I am a fan of some anime), I don't consider that rampant fandom. Rampant fandom is when things get out of hand w/ the fanbase, like them trying to aggressively recruit people who aren't really interested or touting the greatness of what they love ceaselessly. Getting excited about something si entirely different than extreme action coming from it. wink heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 pm
                Rampant fandom = Homestuck

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:29 pm
Never seen homestuck- though I do see a perpetual set of threads for it on 4chan's /co/ boards.

Fair enough, I do not try to recruit others, but I do think of them often. Hell, I have even begun to give excuses for obvious flaws in altmodes (visible heads/hands etc). sweatdrop I just think, how did this evolve? My best guess was that Cybertron was once an organic world. People industrialized and commercialized the planet, with eventual advances in cybernetics. Over time, their bodies became more and more mechanical until a method was devised to turn life force into 'spark.' After that, lifespans were limitless. In time, some devised ways to reorganize parts without needing a remodel. Alternate modes were not for camouflage, they were out of convenience. It wasn't until they went to other worlds that a reformat could help them hide among the populace. Thus, 'Cybertronian' modes that have obvious kibble are just parts that never found a new use in the alternate mode . . .  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm
Don't forget the part about those involved in rampant fandom cannot take any single form of criticism of their show without taking a personal offense. I swear, sometimes people just do not know how to properly listen to what another person is saying. Another reason I feel I should clarify my intentions before saying anything. "I find xxx boring because of [logical] yyy reasons" becomes "My show isn't boring at all and you have no sense of taste and are [insert hundreds of unnecessary expletives here]".

I hate superfans.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:06 pm
I don't know anything about Homestuck, b/c it always confuses me every time I try to look it up. xd

An interesting theory... My main purpose for what I said last post was that I did not mean to offend, since you're not in that category.

Ah, yes, Tana, that's another horrid aspect of them...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 am
I fear my life is now forfeit and ruined, for I have found out about the existence of the game "I want to be the Boshy". Farewell cruel, cruel, so incredibly cruel world. ie the game is excruciatingly tough and I love it.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 am
Something along the lines of "I Want to be the Guy?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:13 am
* pulls out a vacume to clean all the dust and ick and cobwebs off of her chair... realizes really it needs a good scrub and so does she

*super gluggles*

Oh gosh being an adult is tiresome and hard and time consuming  

AlwynRowanwind

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 pm
*super-gluggles Alwyn in return* It sure is. You get used to it, though. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm
adulthood sucks serious balls. I hate it.

No offense has been taken at all, mein frieunds. I wub you all!!!! heart heart heart

I am a rabid fan of TFs, but not a super fan. I can admit that there are issues. For instance, the G1 cartoon (by todays standards) is horrible. I mean really bad. Still, I love them to bits.

Superfan < Ardent fan.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 pm
Okay, just making sure. heart

Yeah, those old cartoons don't have much going for them aside from nostalgia. Heck, I love Samurai Troopers Ronin Warriors despite its cheese.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games