Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 am
Mmme~ I feel like Snowman said something I should hold a grudge about.

That said, this old fart has been thinking it's about time to listen to the doc's advice and get into better shape. Maybe I ought to be taking vitamin shakes.
---
On a trip in MD and it is way too hot here. I can't even imagine what it must be like even further south. I miss WA so much. *tries not to look fondly with nostalgia at the map of the french alps on his phone too much*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 am
                I've only been roleplaying for 5 years, I don't think I'm a senior citizen yet.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 pm
I was primarily referring to my self, Tana, though you can hold a grudge if you want to. xd

Oh, you're in the US again? Last I knew (which was a few years ago at this rate), you were in Italy, I think...

Oddly enough, FL (my job's here, I normally live in CT) isn't so bad. I also might be accustomed to the oppressive mugginess down here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm
-Twinkle is still not used to the Florida heat- >.>  

TwinkelenS t a r

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:12 pm
Sorry about that. My first summer down here was brutal, but the last one and this one aren't bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 pm
Yeah, I think Yoder was referring to me and him. I have a RP I want to join . . . but have been having trouble getting into that. Also, my Bleach guild is all but dead at this point. Having trouble gettting back into play.

Been RPing for about s**t . . . 24 years? I feel really old now. burning_eyes  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm
I'm about to make you feel worse, but this observation is too uncanny: You've been RPing for a little longer than I've been alive. *bows in apology*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 pm
*groan* How unsettling. I'm not as old as niisama. But still. Dx  

Tanakietsu

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:38 pm
gonk I was introduced to RP at 11. Today (June 26th) was my birthday, officially making me 35. Thus, yeah, 24 years of intermittent RP.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:48 pm
*Raises toast to mon capiton Talon* Honestly, I started out uninterested in RP, games, and the like. I was a young jock until I got my first snes. Then I got hooked and switched passions. It wasn't until my first jrpg that I got hooked on story writing though. It wasn't until Kefka that I realized I like villains more than heroes. Plainly put, I despise how some hero creators try to make heroes so "human" when they are clearly inhuman with how their moral compass points true north. *table flip*  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 pm
Happy birthday, Magni! *gluggles*

FF6 is such an incredible game, it's no surprise it had such an impact on you.

Anime is my biggest passion, though video games (mostly RPGs) are a close second. I've been watching anime and playing video games since I was 4.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 pm
I have no particular love in my heart for JRPGs, they are fine, but not beloved. I prefer any RP with a strong storyline and emotional investment. Give me a good enthralling story, and the rest is fine. Look at FF7. The music was not that great, and a fair amount of the game could get frustrating, but I did deeply enjoy it. Same with 10. The voice acting was atrocious . . . but the story was fairly interesting.

I was deeply inured in Dragons, tech, and fantasy from an early age. Hell, I just plowed through an old favorite (Dragonsinger by McCaffrey) and rediscovered how much I enjoyed it.

I went through an anime phase where that was just about all I wanted to see. In fact, I specifically remember my first real introduction to "Japanese Anime." It was a marathon on Sci-Fi channel of three movies back to back for three days. Robot Carnival, Vampire Hunter D, and Lensman. I remember being shocked by how deeply the first made me feel- dem feels. D was and still is awesome to me, and Lensman was forgettable.

Plowing through the infamous series of games again at the moment. ^_^  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:28 am
Infamous series so good! I've been looking forward to Second Son despite Cole not being the playable character.
---
Very odd favor request for those who know more Japanese than I do. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a meaning behind the name "Yukino". I know it's odd to ask of, but there are reasons behind it; not personal life reasons, but reasons none-the-less.

Tana luff you all. x3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 am
ANNE MCCAFFREYYYYYYYYY!!!

I am so sad she passed away. ;___; Her son's writing is great, but he focuses a lot on the Third Pass and other earlier Passes, and I'm more interested in the Ninth Pass. Jaxom and Ruth are, I'm fairly certain, my favorite characters.

But Aivas is... well, Aivas, so he gets points for that. I really like some of Anne's other books, the more sci-fi stuff with the sentient planets and talking spaceships and crystals - and -

<3333333

McCaffrey!  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm
I like a good mix of Western and Japanese RPGs, and I definitely keep fighting other arcade-like games around for some variety. My tastes in RPGs both W and J are also generally less popular (at least nowadays): Deus Ex 1, The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Final Fantasy 5, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, and Star Ocean 3 - to name a handful.
Yeah, FF10 is quite underrated, kind of like how FF8 and FF9 were downtrodden simply because they didn't live up to FF7.

Oh, she's the author is the Dragonriders of Pern. I've heard a lot of great things about her books, but I've not gotten around to reading any of them yet.

My first exposure to anime was either Kiki's Delivery Service or My Neighbor Totoro, but that was way before Disney started localizing them.

Once I get my new computer (arriving in about a week), I'll finally be able to play some of the games released in the past 10 years. *launches himself at Steam* Enjoy the Infamous series!

~

Well, only seeing the Romanji, it's hard to know exactly which kanji it uses, but I'll go w/ the most common: "Of Snow" or something else snow-related. "Yuki" is the root for Snow.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games