Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm
There is a fine line between parody and blatant copying.

On a different note, I am really loving my 12yo daughter. We had a long chat the other day and it was really nice to geek out and have serious convos, and all that on a long drive. She's my girl, and I am so proud. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:08 pm
True enough.

I remember you posting a pic of your family years ago. Is she the elder of the two? It must be nice when your kids grow up to the point where you can have truly meaningful conversations with them.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am
                  Awwwwww~ <3
                  I remember how my mother would drive me to middle school in the morning, and we would have all sorts of serious conversations in the car. It was only a 10 minute drive, but those conversations were very important to me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 am
As important as chocolate layer roll, welian? *evil grin*  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:59 am
I too have serious conversations with my family, but i'm only the eldest son (not the eldest child -_-' ). It all varies anyways...
With my mother, it's all things manga/anime but she secretly reads Yaoi (found her forbidden stash some years ago while we moved to a different house..... burning_eyes good god I never wanna remember that $h!t ever again!!! crying ).
With the Eldest Sister (oldest member of the family) it's all about LoL (League of Legends). That's about it really (kinda disappointing.)
With Dad, it's all business.
Youngest sister and I go on betting sprees for Big Brother (not a fan of it, but something fun to do)
and the Youngest Brother (the youngest of the family, and I swear to god he must have been adopted) keeps on challenging me from Pokémon (long-time follower of the game, so f*cking sue me) to Halo and Warcraft (not sure if anyone would know this, so just search Blizzard Warcraft 3 if your curious).

...And that's how I get along with my family. Seems kinda confusing when trying to sort it all out. Oh, and I may be suffering from nerve damaging conditions due to lack of Vitamin D (I live in Rainier, OR, so don't be THAT surprised -_-').
Anyone else got anything family-related to share? ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 pm
                  That chocolate lasagna is evil. And I saved the recipe. You know.... for posterity's sake.

But not for the sake of my posterior.

Anyways, family stuff... I dunno.... my dad and I talk about finances and home stuff a lot, but I don't ever really talk to my sisters. There's so much of an age gap that I never had anything in common with them growing up - I actually actively hated both of them.

Now I'm like "Yeah, you're family.... but we still have nothing in common."

welian

Crew

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 pm
welian
                  That chocolate lasagna is evil. And I saved the recipe. You know.... for posterity's sake.

But not for the sake of my posterior.

Anyways, family stuff... I dunno.... my dad and I talk about finances and home stuff a lot, but I don't ever really talk to my sisters. There's so much of an age gap that I never had anything in common with them growing up - I actually actively hated both of them.

Now I'm like "Yeah, you're family.... but we still have nothing in common."

Ahahahaha, oh god my stomach hurts blaugh
In any case, what's next on the subject?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm
Quote:
Welian: I WANT IT. SCREW MY HALF-HEARTED ATTEMPT AT A DIET. I WANT IT.

Magni: mwahahahahaahahahahahaaaaa!
August 23 at 11:10pm · Like

Welian: YOU'RE SO MEAN TO ME, CAPTAIN.
August 23 at 11:10pm · Like · 1

Magni: *malevolent chuckle and assumes the Gendo Ikari Pose* You expected anything less?
August 23 at 11:11pm · Like

Welian: I TRUSTED YOU. I LOOKED UP TO YOU. YOU WERE MY MENTOR. AND NOW THIS.
August 23 at 11:16pm · Like

Magni: *lensflare hiding his eyes as he only smiles* Pity you did not pay closer attention. I never said to trust me. You also did not listen to what I had to say before- or this would have been expected.
August 23 at 11:17pm · Like · 1

For posterity and lulz.

Yoder, yes it was my older daughter. I have high hopes for her. She is a wonderful girl, and I just hope to push her into a pleasurable and joyous life.

Nine-Tails: I am hoping to move to your general area someday soon. I want to get to Oregon/Washington, more likely the latter. Of course my wife is insisting we move to that Port Angeles or whatever that Twilight was based in. I ******** hate Twilight.

I don't mind Yaoi. ninja heart  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm
I'm the youngest of my family. Similar to welian, my siblings and I don't have that much in common due to the age gap. Oddly, I get along best w/ the eldest in my family.

*looks up Chocolate Lasagna to see most links ultimately point to the same source* I'm not too big on desserts, but wow!

Truly child-rearing is one of the most difficult tasks out there. I sometimes wonder why my parents ever did. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 pm
                  My mother informed me that her dream was to have four children.

I ruined her dream. She stopped at me, because I was too much to handle.

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 pm
I like to tell people that I have seven kids. My cats are parts of my family, and I treat them essentially like kids. As for the two human kiddos, yeah . . . raising children is a very difficult and COSTLY thing. Nobody in their right minds would want to, if they understood everything involved.

That said, I love my girls. My personal childhood was . . . unpleasant because of my father. My goal was to allow his bloodline to die with me. Long story. Still, when my girlfriend (at the time) said she was pregnant, there was no way in hell I would turn my back on my progeny. From the moment the pregnancy was confirmed, I never once turned my back on the family. As for having several kids, I am an only child- no brothers or sisters. It was fine, and my kid was likely going to get the same. Still, the woman is the second-youngest of 12. Yes, a dozen. So she wanted a LARGE family. We compromised after having only one kid for 3 years. Now we have two girls, she is fixed, and the family is growing fine.

This is us from last year, I think.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and something a tad more recent
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 pm
Your family looks so adorable!! I don't have any recent photos, my sisters have long since moved out, and my dad is a homebody... generally we don't do anything anymore. XD But Captain, you've seen my facebook.  

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm
Yes, and tortured you on it a minor bit as well. ninja

Pharmaceuticals final is done . . . 15 pages, 10 of which I had to write, title page, abstract page, and three pages of references . . . but the ******** is done. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:06 pm
And being kid #3 to boot, welian, so close yet so far.

Oh yeah, I've seen the statistics for the cost of raising a child. Craziness...

Good for you. The world needs more people with backbone.
Since I'm the last of 5, I prefer larger families as well (despite the fact that I don't care for my siblings that much).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:38 pm
I had no siblings . . . my wife is the second youngest of 12.
I had nobody to blame for my mistakes . . . she was often blamed for others.
I blissfully played alone . . . she never had time to herself.

All in all, I liked my kiddom without fellow kids to ruin it for me. cool  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games