Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 pm
OOH ARE WE TALKING ABOUT KORRA HERE?! heart heart heart

I'm an ABSOLUTE fan. When the chance popped up in the Philippines for me to learn Tai Chi for free, I jumped on that thing like a starving hobo being offered a free buffet meal.

I swear that it's a total coincidence: all the martial art styles I've learned so far have something to do with the Avatar: Last Airbender series--Tai Chi (water), Xing Yi and Shaolin (fire), Seven Stars Praying Mantis (Toph's earth style), and a bit of Ba Gua (of course, air). But I'm actually a weapons disciple who specializes in Dao's (close to Zuko's dual butterfly knives) and Jian's (the sword style Sokka learned). I also know a bit of staff forms which is the airbender's choice of weapon.

ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 pm
Well then, I hope it's a while before your ADD strikes again. xd

*jaw drop* Tai Chi for free!? I know some, but the there are no advanced practitioners in my area that are willing to teach to a higher level than the "therapy" level most learn it for. I'm very out of practice, but Tai Chi is an amazing martial art.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 pm
I found Korra to be less than the original Avatar . . . but alright. It was as if they took the entire growth of Aang from three seasons and put it into one for Korra. If anything, it felt . . . forced.

Still, it was enjoyable, and to be fair I wanted to see more of the adult team Avatar. When Katara was put on screen I squeed a little inside. Naturally, I knew Aang had to be long since dead, but wondered what happened to the rest of the crew. I am a sucker for such tales. When she comes back, I will be interested. The timer is set on my DVR.

I'm to lazy to learn a fighting style, I fear.

X-men is one of my favored tales. In fact, I'm in a RP that feels a lot like it, and playing my version of Magneto there- just without the magnetism. He has obtenebration instead. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 pm
Oooh, obtenebration, I should play around with that.

My novel idea is sort of un-xmen-like in the sense that the concept of the "ability" or "power" isn't exclusively limited to a select few. In fact, the idea is that the entire human race has the potential for it, but that very few are able to actualize the potential. To give you a hint, the working title for the novel is "God Slayers"  

Gale OverDrive

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:12 am
Hold the phone... Avatar is back on TV? When did that happen?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am
TwinkelenS t a r

You mean the Legend of Korra series in general? It came back about more than a year ago? Today is the airing of the first episode of season two. wahmbulance  

Gale OverDrive

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 am
Gale OverDrive
TwinkelenS t a r

You mean the Legend of Korra series in general? It came back about more than a year ago? Today is the airing of the first episode of season two. wahmbulance

Haha wow. Well I'm super behind the times apparently.
I don't have a lot of time to watch television. I'll have to find the episodes and download them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:37 pm
I believe Korra is coming back tomorrow night . . . at least, according to my DVR  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 am
Korra wasn't too bad, all things considered (even though it didn't hold a candle to the original in most respects), but I do hope they will improve in the coming seasons.

Looking forward to it. I guess I'll watch on Nick's site if it's available. Anybody into Channel Awesome / Nostalgia Critic / Doug Walker may appreciate the VLogs he has done for Avatar and Korra thus far and will continue to do for Korra.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:32 pm
Korra is decent, and I enjoy it . . . but not to the extent of Aang. I loved how he was learning, growing, and each time was spent in the world mastering an element. With Korra she knew 3 of the 4 elements from the get-go. Another issue was how in the original series, bending was rare and revered. It was not very strong, and advanced bending was exceptionally rare like metal, blood, or lightning. Now everybody can do the rare stuff, and bending is commonplace.

Mystical became mundane, and learning became lame.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:30 pm
                  Okay, okay, I'm doing it... I think I have a solid vision of a setting for a walk-in roleplay, I'm going to recycle City of Secrets and use it as a base, and have one of my time-honored roleplay characters run a business in the city... The classic one is of course, a bar/inn combo, but in a big city setting? I don't know how that would fit in, but I'm leaning towards hotel...

Let me just, summon the two pour souls I've decided absolutely must join me on this adventure.

Zahzi

Kami-Kahzy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 pm
welian
                  Okay, okay, I'm doing it... I think I have a solid vision of a setting for a walk-in roleplay, I'm going to recycle City of Secrets and use it as a base, and have one of my time-honored roleplay characters run a business in the city... The classic one is of course, a bar/inn combo, but in a big city setting? I don't know how that would fit in, but I'm leaning towards hotel...

Let me just, summon the two pour souls I've decided absolutely must join me on this adventure.

Zahzi

Kami-Kahzy

Meeeeehhhhhh,,,  

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm
                  Don't you "MEH" me mister! You were perfectly excited about this two minutes ago on Skype. You're holding out on me man, it's not nice to do that to a lady of my caliber.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:37 pm
That was me saying 'I am here.' in an after-work tone.  

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

Kami-Kahzy

Dapper Dabbler

7,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:37 pm
...oh dear.

Well, that's a good idea. Though another one might be a shopping mall, or some other similarly public place.

Actually a shopping mall might be the best option there. You could have any number of stores, a food court, movie theater, maybe even a pool if it's fancy enough.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games