Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm
                  I went on a picture-collecting spree, I am going to practice my design skills by make a new layout for the home page of the RPR, and a matching banner and signature.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am
Cohesive avatars? Wuzzat? rofl  

Gale OverDrive

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm
I like to have cohesive looks . . . try to make the avi look good. 4

Had a meet with an old friend tonight . . . damn, I missed BSing about games with friends. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 am
I bet you had a blast! What games did you talk about?  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm
Coolness, I'm looking forward to see what you cook up, Welian!

My first few avatars were anything but cohesive, but now I have ones themed around ice, the moon, and coco, though ice is my current favorite.

My guess would be tabletop gaming.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:51 pm
I don't think I usually go for cohesive looks, but I could be wrong, such things aren't really my fortay. whee

I'm gunna guess board games then, ninja  

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 pm
mostly it was trading 'war stories' and planning characters . . . I am needed to play a dwarf in a fantasy and/or steampunk setting. Then we discussed cyberpunk, and just had a ball before moving on to Vampire: The Masquerade.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm
I miss Vampire: The Masquerade. I was also a DM for a 3.5 non-canon Skyrim setting.

In somewhat related news: the kickstarter project I backed has paid off. I am now the proud owner of a d20pro judge license with 8 guest seats. pirate  

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:21 pm
You've got a predominant red theme going on, Kitsune, though I guess cohesion is more of scale than a yes/no. Who knows?

Sounds like a lot of fun, Magni. Paizo just released PathFinder's epic-level rules, so I'll be having some similar fun very soon. 3nodding

Always nice when a Kickstarter doesn't bail on its backers (though that is the inherent risk of being an investor). I've backed 4 or 5 projects total, and they're progressing well. They're all long-term, so just the big wait...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:14 pm
Well, technically, Yoder, they're not allowed to fail once their project has been successfully funded. I've got around 6 or 7 myself, including Planetary Annihilation, Project Phoenix, Project Eternity, and a few board games, aside from the d20pro license and content that I mentioned earlier.

With d20pro, I can host tabletopRPGs without any of us having to be physically present in one location. All you need is a computer, and an internet oonnection. It's frickin' awesome!  

Gale OverDrive

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 pm
sweatdrop since when did you need certification for that, Gale?

In other news, Windows 8 sucks monkey balls. For the second time in a week, I cannot access my main account on my own computer through no fault of my own. Now it won't accept my own freakin passwords.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:11 pm
Alexander Magnus
sweatdrop since when did you need certification for that, Gale?

In other news, Windows 8 sucks monkey balls. For the second time in a week, I cannot access my main account on my own computer through no fault of my own. Now it won't accept my own freakin passwords.

It's a license because its paid, I guess. Not really a certification. And you can't host a game unless you sprung for the judge level.  

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 am
@Gale: Really? I could've sworn I've heard of some projects that failed to deliver their backer rewards due to under-estimating their actual budget needs.

Those online Virtual Table Top services always seemed interesting, but I tend to shy away from subscriptions.

Wow, that's awful. I knew 8 was bad, but seriously...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am
I don't think I've messed with VTT's before either. Generally due to subscriptions, or not being able to figure out what exactly I'm suppose to do with some of the VPN based ones, but that might be due to having very little patience for any software ^^.

Good old windows, they will convince you some thing is good even when it clearly isn't.... x( I'm just waiting for them to tell some one they are holding there laptop wrong and that's why Windows 8 isn't working razz  

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:57 pm
I just meant I have had people say "I will run a game online" and we just meet. Never needed certified before. neutral

I have factory reset my laptop . . . a ridiculous move if you ask me. It is only 2 months old!!! Reset my password, and the thing still does not recognize it. Now I am worried because if I turn the computer off- will I be able to get back in?!

worse yet, my antivirus seems to be missing (like physically from the house) so I can't reinstall that, and I am concerned that Office will have to be re-purchased again because that got lost too. That's close to $200 for programs I had last week. I really don't like Windows 8.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games