Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Stupid entries in the avatar arena... annoying or what?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beccamon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:55 pm
I absolutely hate those "Just me..." entries that are supposed to look exactly like them, and they have outrageous outfits that NO ONE WOULD EVER FREAKING WEAR!
Stupid newbs, and n00bs. D<

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:57 pm
I think Gaia should only allow Gaian who have been on Gaia for a certain amount of time >.o

Or, they should have special Gaians to filter through the entries.  

FullmetalEDlover

6,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:00 pm
Teh Pure
Oh dear ******** GAWD.

People wearing starter clothes in the arena need to die. Seriously.

Or avis with no description and no title.

I once saw the stupidest biotch in the arena. She was wearing all starter clothes, and her description was moaning and bitching and whining about how her friend's birthday was coming up and she needed the money to get her friend a good birthday present. Oh, it also mentioned that she needed 1k to buy a trading pass so she could buy the present from the MP. I SWEAR TO ******** GAWD. I left the dumb broad a comment, saying something along the lines of,

"First of all, we don't care about your problems. If your avatar is horrible, which it is, you're not going to win. And if you can't buy your friend a present in real life and have to get them one on Gaia, that's just sad. By the way, you only need a trading pass to trade with someone, and that's only 500g. What you're thinking of is a Vending License, which you still don't need to buy from the Market Place. Even if you did, you could have went and spent the thousand gold on the Vending License and saved us from seeing this eyesore. Happy failing."

And then I didn't even bother voting, because I knew that there were lots of other people out there who WERE voting her 1's, and I truly didn't think that she was worth my vote.

N00bs + Avatar Arena = ******** NO.

I remember that entry. The minute I see starter clothes I give them a one. The minute I see a "garage sale" entry, as it was so eloquently put, I give them a one. The minute I see "gothic lolita" crap/overdone cosplays, "emos" etc I give them a one. The people that put genuine thought and money and time into their avatar creation and description get a 10 from me.
On the other hand.. some of the unspoken rules of avatar fashion are just plain retarded. Like wearing too much of a set, or as someone else mentioned too many commons. You don't need your avi to be riddled in collectibles for it to be good imo. Look at the people in this guild. They look ******** fantastic.. but would they ever get 10s.. its questionable.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:03 pm
whats worse is when ppl with wonderful items and excessive amounts of gold decide to have no imagination whatsoever and just enter a boring avi...  

Rsynexaea

D y l e e n

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:04 pm
    Yes I agree about the "newbs" in the arena.
    But remember that you were all once in a newb in your lifetime so cut them a little slack. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:09 pm
D y l e e n
    Yes I agree about the "newbs" in the arena.
    But remember that you were all once in a newb in your lifetime so cut them a little slack. ^^

They're not just newbs. They're stupid. New people just don't have a lot of gold. But those idiots are too stupid to take a look through the past entries and realize that they have to have a LOT better avatars to win.

And not all of us were n00bs, some of us could actually type and had a sense of fashion when we started.

beccamon

D y l e e n

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 pm
    Newb doesn't exactly mean you have a sense of fashion or anything.
    It just means you're new to something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:16 pm
There should be autoblock for people who have only been members for 3 weeks.
After the three weeks you would think the n00b would realize their avatar sucks and just not put it in the arenas.  

Super Voldemort

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:19 pm
I know. One guy was in starter clothes and his description was all, 'dont mess wit me vote 0r ill kill you'. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:26 pm
I just enetered my outfit for next monday for the fun of it, and its the best I have ever owned  

AidrianAkar

Lauz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:33 pm
It doesn't bother me. People can enter as they choose, whether their avatar is crappy or not. With all the entries and so little winners, you can't expect to win going into it, and a lot of people I know do it for fun. It also takes a lot of gold from the Gaian people, which I think would help to keep prices of items down a little because people have less to spend because they entered the Arena.

If you don't like an avatar, it's not like you have to vote high for it anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:36 pm
I don't mind the entries that are all starter clothes and store items, as much as I mind the ones that are cluttered with so many donation items you can't see the avatar itself. Those people are entering the avatar arena just to show of and it drives me insane. I swear some of them are begging to be hacked.  

Sweetest_Citrus

AWoLShadows

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 pm
I agree!
Go there to see impressive looking avi's and half the time see nothing but newbs -.-  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:20 pm
It's pretty annoying. I don't know what possesses them to enter when they don't stand a chance.

Speaking of the Arena, I entered for Week 32. XD

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

ChAoS.SpEaR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:48 pm
that kinda annoys me too.
kinda
But the only ones that I really look at are the winners at the end