Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
How to stop the hiccups Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mods helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am
well a way that works for me is to hang upsidedown on a couch or chair and drink a glass of water. Yeah its dumb but it works.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:02 am
Greta Von Gash
I've heard scaring people works..how about this?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ROFLMAO my friend she screamed when she saw it!  

Teh Fruit Booter

Berry Breeze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 am
Okay this one is weird, and I don't think anyone else posted it yet:
Sticking your tounge out for 15-20 seconds while holding your breath. It works way better than just holding your breath. Trust me!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:21 am
Also trying to pretend you don't have the hicups or fake hicuping between real hicups made mine go away plenty of times! Just not paying attention works the best. Sobody said that a spoon full of sugar helps, and if it doesn't... well then you just found a new reason to have sugar! Eating a mint, or something that is minty works too!  

Berry Breeze

TDGsuperfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:43 am
lol
heres a funny one
in the old days back in the civil war they used to cut teh circulation in thier pinky (Tying a string around it real tight) and pouring cold water down the back of their neck
ive never tried but i thought it sounded funny  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:06 am
my dad started yelling at me one time.... he scared them away sooo fast... neutral  

iamjessica26

WalkingEpidemic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:13 pm
I get very high pitched squeky hiccups, and I haven't found any good way to cure them....
♪♥♪

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm
WalkingEpidemic
I get very high pitched squeky hiccups, and I haven't found any good way to cure them....
♪♥♪

I'm lucky,. My hiccups are silent.  

Evadora

mastroDC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:16 pm
how do u stop them  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:35 pm
Wow i have so many cures for the hiccups i'll list them all for those of you who can't seem to get rid of your hiccups

1. Hold you're breath to the count of ten then take a drink. Dosen't matter what you drink, but i suggest you avoid soda.

2. As gross as this may sound. Drink pickle juice.

3. This one may sound better than the pickle juice. Put a pinch of sugar on your tongue and take a drink of water.

4. If you've tried the sugar one above. Just hold your breath. After i tried the sugar one this seems to work i'd suggest about ten seconds, don't suffocate yourself! Now sometimes this dosen't work. So try some of the other methods i've listed.

5. Drink a little hot sauce. This worked for my friend, although they never tried it again because they used too hot hot sauce xD.

6. Try to forget about them. Do something distracting after awhile you may notice your hiccups have gone away.

7. If you're into it meditate you may have gotten the hiccups because you're nervous about something even if you can't think of what you may be nervous about.

Now if now of these methods work for you. I'm sincerely sorry for putting you through the hot sauce and pickle juice. Maybe something else will work for you.  

RikkuFukaimori

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kibou369

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 pm
Exhale as much air as you can from your lungs then take a drink of something (water, juice it doesn't matter). It always works for me. Always.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm
*^*User Image*^*
D: I don't know any cures.

I get the hiccups a lot, but I'll only hiccup once and that'll be it for the day.

So...it's like I get them hiccups everyday.
*^*

Danierre

J h a y b z_0 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 am
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

dont breathe for a few seconds...

its not the end of the world... ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:09 am
I just drink water
Hold your breath for 100 seconds
Breath in for 100 seconds

They work for me

Droflecopter

dphoenixxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:21 am
Just drink water heart and wish for the hiccups to stop.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff