Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
So i just (started smoking) quitted thanks to you all. <33 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jrc150

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:33 pm
go to your guidance counselor at school and tel them about your friends and you. He/she will give you advice on what to do. In the mean time try as hard as you can to stay away from people who smoke. And if your friends who smoke ask you to hang out with them, make up an excuse. If you don't you as well MAY become addicted.

I am 13 as well, and one of my friends had a simillar problem. She went to guidance counselor and he helped her a lot with her addiction, and finally made her quit!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:37 pm
thas my advice for you. like i said i'm 13 as well and know that smoking is bad. considering my grandfather died because he quit too late. so i like to help people with smoking problems so that they don't end up the same way he did.  

jrc150

Xyloid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:56 pm
KNOW the consequences of what they are doing. They know about addiction and lung cancer and blah blah blah but HELLO the tobacco industry is still booming.

So seriously, to all you assholes bitching: Do you stop listening to your shitty music because someone tells you not to listen? Nope. Do you stop drinking your fake sugar enhanced diet soda because someone tells you it may or may not lead to cancer? Nope. Do you take off that ugly a** shirt and stop coating on ten pounds of make up even though no one thinks you are attractive? Nope.

So stop telling us what to do for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:01 pm
CuriousKitty
NekoGod

:l
Apparently you don't know much about cancer. Cancer is a genetic disease, and as a genetic disease, you are born with it and certain factors increase or decrease the chance for you cancer to develop.
She isn't going to die for certain. There are plenty of people that live long lives even through smoking. True, it is bad, but she isn't going to die from it.

Isn't it that you're genetically inclined towards having cancer, but that's not all there is to it. Cancer is a cell mutation, not a genetic disorder. If you're family has it then you are more likely to get it but it doesn't mean that you will. I mean if saying that you have cells in your body means that you have cancer then I guess that's true, but not really.
- Kitty's friend, the Genius.

o3o
Your genius just jumbled her words. She said it isn't inclined to genetics, but thats not all. Kinda made herself less reliable as a source. It isn't a genetic disorder, but it is genetic. It is a genetic disease. If your family has it, you have it. If your family has a cancer growth, then you have higher chance of cancer growth, depending on life style facts. I meant, you have cancerous cells, they just are active and reproducing. You technically don't have "cancer" until there is an increased number of them in the body.

Rathmanian

RETROS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:06 pm
Please stick to the bubble pipe,its much cooler.

Thankyou. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:39 pm
NekoGod
CuriousKitty
NekoGod

Apparently you don't know much about cancer. Cancer is a genetic disease, and as a genetic disease, you are born with it and certain factors increase or decrease the chance for you cancer to develop.
She isn't going to die for certain. There are plenty of people that live long lives even through smoking. True, it is bad, but she isn't going to die from it.

Isn't it that you're genetically inclined towards having cancer, but that's not all there is to it. Cancer is a cell mutation, not a genetic disorder. If you're family has it then you are more likely to get it but it doesn't mean that you will. I mean if saying that you have cells in your body means that you have cancer then I guess that's true, but not really.
- Kitty's friend, the Genius.

o3o
Your genius just jumbled her words. She said it isn't inclined to genetics, but thats not all. Kinda made herself less reliable as a source. It isn't a genetic disorder, but it is genetic. It is a genetic disease. If your family has it, you have it. If your family has a cancer growth, then you have higher chance of cancer growth, depending on life style facts. I meant, you have cancerous cells, they just are active and reproducing. You technically don't have "cancer" until there is an increased number of them in the body.

My friend says: It's not a genetic disease, there are cancers that have absolutely nothing to do with genetics.

My mom says: Some cancers, like breast cancer, are genetic. But not all cancers are. Furthermore, actually being BORN with cancer is extremely rare.

Kitty says: I think you all confused each other by saying "You're born with cancer." because it sounds to me like it should be "Everyone is born with the ability to get cancer.". Because, from the info I'm hearing on both sides, even if you have it in your family it only increases your chance to have it. It doesn't necessarily guarantee that you get it, though.

CuriousKitty

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:09 pm
Hmm. I used to smoke. I actually smoked for about 2 years. I quit because my boyfriend wanted me to quit. I am around his parents who smoke all the time and plenty of friends who smoke like chimneys, but it doesn't fase me at all. I suppose I was one of the lucky ones who was able to quit, cold turkey. It was hard, the first couple of months but I succeeded. Though, I do understand that it can be a lot harder for others to quit. I had a powerful motivation to quit. I've known my boyfriend since we were in the fourth grade (going into eleventh now) and we only just started dating at the beginning of grade ten. I ended up quitting just before we started dating. Once you have a motivation to do it, and the will power to do it, then you will most definately succeed.
If you are concerned about your friend and how smoking will effect her, take her aside and tell her how you feel. It is her choice whether or not she stops but just tell her how you're feeling about this and see how she reacts. And also, you would need to take the initiative into yourself to quit to show her that if she really wants to, it can be done.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:24 pm
I suggest you to be smart about the consequences...
if you really like smoking...it's ok to smoke...but you should be aware of what you're going to get and lose from it....

better off, if you can quit, you will have a chance of living a better life.....as for your friend, if you know that the person doesn't like smoking, but is addicted...try to help your friend stop......

it's hard to stop smoking...I know..  

Siilentx

Agile Star

Sweetest_Citrus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
I started smoking when I was 17. And could make that decision without being a total moron [[yes, smoking still makes me a moron, but at least thats a sensible age]]

Just quit. Wait until you're older, and more mature to make any decisions like that. You should tell your friend the same thing.

Decisions like that means drinking and drugs as well. People get into that s**t too young and it's disgusting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:36 pm
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

you should tell ur friend to stop and quit doin it...also you...b4 it kills you...im 13...and i dont wanna be an addict...

its not the end of the world... ninja

J h a y b z_0 2

D_block_boss-Isis_and_TJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:41 pm
hey you make it sound like a drug O_o its not so if your addicted your not an addict your jusy hooked on it (im not saying you are) but still your friends not an addict and dont feel bad about her stupidity to pick up a habit like that ~_~  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:54 pm
Xyloid
KNOW the consequences of what they are doing. They know about addiction and lung cancer and blah blah blah but HELLO the tobacco industry is still booming.

So seriously, to all you assholes bitching: Do you stop listening to your shitty music because someone tells you not to listen? Nope. Do you stop drinking your fake sugar enhanced diet soda because someone tells you it may or may not lead to cancer? Nope. Do you take off that ugly a** shirt and stop coating on ten pounds of make up even though no one thinks you are attractive? Nope.

thank you finally some one who's realistic i smoke im 17 i started when i was about 12 i know what the hell it is going to do to me i didnt start cause of my friends or peer pressure i started cause i wanted to try it i like it and now adays almost anything has a risk of giving you cancer even diet coke so let the people smoke if they want

(que people yelling and calling me stupid and such)  

Mrblixs

Helium Voice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:27 am
[tofu][rocket]
Moonlight River
NekoGod
I know a girl who smokes just to get rid of stress.
It doesn't mean she's an addict. And EVERYONE has cancer in them. Everyone. It just hasn't grown yet.

Thats such bull.
Not every one has cancer. You're not born with cancer!
Thats ridicouls!

No, he is actually right. :'|
----

And if you say you're not addicted, then stop. There's no point and by no means is it cool.

Oh &your friend asked you to buy her a pack? Tell her no. And if you did buy her one.. then you're just.. fueling the fire.

>_____>;

It was from her own money.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:28 am
Mrblixs
Xyloid

thank you finally some one who's realistic i smoke im 17 i started when i was about 12 i know what the hell it is going to do to me i didnt start cause of my friends or peer pressure i started cause i wanted to try it i like it and now adays almost anything has a risk of giving you cancer even diet coke so let the people smoke if they want

(que people yelling and calling me stupid and such)

Thanks guys! :]  

Helium Voice

Helium Voice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:32 am
Hey people, you're all taking it TOO SERIOUSELY!
I only smoke like what? 1 in 2 days? That can't be bad!
And marlboro isn't a heavy smoke, it's not like i'm smoking bastos!

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff