Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Banning - What about the rare items? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
  Absolutely!
  Kind of...
  Not at all (please explain)
  Oh hell, i don't know x_x
View Results

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:15 am
XAmberrXO
Greta Von Gash
There should be a way to delete your old avatars, but then if you got hacked the hacker could delete your present avatar and your account will be lost forever along with your items.

one of my friends got hacked and the hacker changed her password so she couldn't get back on
another valid hacking point  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:16 am
Stir Fried Muffin
Bump! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. To keep it up in the aiirrrr

o_o Ninja heart!!!

Anywho, the redistribution of a user's items sounds great!
People always yap about their mules, on Gaia or not on Gaia, and I just don't care what they do. I think that can contribute to price range. Their unfair advantage.

I say give a warning e-mail when there has been inactivity for half a year, at least, then delete the account in - two more months? That's a good chunk of time!  

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:18 am
jessyta
I do not think items should ever be removed from an acccount, be it a banned account or inactive account or anything.

Lately it is taking longer and longer to have a mod even look into an unfair banning. I think all users who are banned should have the chance to plead their case and try to get their accounts back.

Admins can (and SHOULD!!!) come up with other ways to add more of the older MCs into circulation.
I completely agree with that(aside form the items being removed). If it is taking longer, maybe they should be replacing mods. Like i said, it would be after a certain amount of time. In fact, it wouldn't even be until AFTER the case has been looked at, we'll say, and decided if it has been unfairly banned or not. You can't really prevent some of the innocents from never getting their accounts back.. but if MY account was frozen forever, i'd rather they redistribute the items for others, and possibly myself to quest for again.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 am
Breath of Vermillion
I think they should at least let you get your items if your account got banned even if it was an accident. But If it was a big deal for the ban they should at least have some kind of drawings or giveway for the items then delete the account. Something like that, you know.
That's a really good idea!! drawings and giveaways... Good idea. I'll put that in my first post.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 am
Devious_Kitsune
...For some reason I recall reading something about this, the mods saying they couldn't delete data from accounts 'cause it's tied in with forums, threads, blah blah blah... Plus, getting a user's items would be a hassle and I doubt they'd want to do such a thing. ...I'm in no hurry to find something on it, but if you want me to try to re-find it, I could try.
i will look it up as well. I think that just because they are tied in with forums shouldn't effect anything. Honestly, look at Myspace, if an account gets deleted, it has a message and the box is still there.. with all the money they are getting, i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to do such a thing... thank you for your point, i understand how it may be difficult but i think there are still solutions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 am
What about people who make an account and never come back?
There should be something about if you've never posted and you've been inactive for two years then your name gets changed to some random numbers or something so it can be reused and then your unequipped items go to daily chance or raffles.

TomorrowIsAFish

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:30 am
CLmaster
You guys realize that there is no way to delete an account on this site, right?

I don't remember where I saw that at but I know it completely true.

MCs should remain how they are, even if they are in the hands of banned users. Recycling items would still be very strange matter. They would have to some how make sure no one won't like it. What I'd like to see is a small giveaway done by admins that does that kinda stuff. But not enough of it to kill the price of some of the older stuff.
To your last point: Yes, exactly. A small giveaway.. maybe once in a while.. not ALL the time, to keep items flowing and just hype things up maybe twice or so a year, you know? Maybe even less.

I have read the post about not being able to delete an account, and i think they can fix that too. You can see the edited, first post if you so choose.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:32 am
Fairy_Sage
Stir Fried Muffin
Bump! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. To keep it up in the aiirrrr

o_o Ninja heart!!!

Anywho, the redistribution of a user's items sounds great!
People always yap about their mules, on Gaia or not on Gaia, and I just don't care what they do. I think that can contribute to price range. Their unfair advantage.

I say give a warning e-mail when there has been inactivity for half a year, at least, then delete the account in - two more months? That's a good chunk of time!
well i think the time would have to be longer, and there would still be problems. But think about people who go off to the army or lose their computer and have to buy another... but i do like your point.

hehe.. ninja heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 am
TomorrowIsAFish
What about people who make an account and never come back?
There should be something about if you've never posted and you've been inactive for two years then your name gets changed to some random numbers or something so it can be reused and then your unequipped items go to daily chance or raffles.
good point. its still the problem of time though.. cause some people do want to come back. Its difficult to tell... However, there are those that don't even post in threads at ALL. I think that there should be some sort of warning e-mail after a certain amount of time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:15 pm

I agree with the hacking thing but unused account should not be deleted because once I did not use my account for a year and now I use it everyday...

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sora Senpai

Enduring Hunter

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 pm
Some people get banned and deserve to have their account back, plus the mods go through like every bodies accounts all the time, too see if they want them unbanned or not. So I dont think any accounts should be deleted unless told to by the person themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 pm
WalkingEpidemic
I know how you feel but many people, just want to take a break from gaia, and will not give or sell all their items or whatever because they still want stuff when they come back...
♪♥♪
Yes, thank you. That is now mentioned in the first post.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Illenial

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:15 pm
I very much agree!

I'm not sure, but I heard a roomer that "mods don't let users delete their accounts because, they like it when the site looks like they have alot of users. Like if they deleted accounts, the number of users they have will go down".

I'm seirously not sure, heard it in the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:00 am
Hme... I guess we can follow through on the idea. However, what if it was just a temporary ban? Then I don't think that the items should be taken away from them.  

Rowsie Powsie

Muzzi23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 am
Yeah. It really ticks me off!! That's just a waste of a good item. Some lucky Gaian world love. 3nodding

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff