Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
New marketplace! * Theres mores! * Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  ICHI.
View Results

SarahT3hPixie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:37 am
Pasithea
I like the way it looks. It looks fine to me.

The only thing that's pissing me off to no end is their ******** 2% closing fee. The admin need to take a ******** economics class really badly because they obviously don't realize that that s**t is just going to cause for more goddamned inflation. Now I'm going to have to cough up 2% more gold on every MC that's listed 15-20K every month. stressed (Sorry for the cussing, but hopefully you have a filter on...I'm just soo pissed because the marketplace is like my second home on Gaia, I spend all my times thar...)

Take the orginal price minus 2%. The higher the price ths bigger that 2% is...I just did a calculation of 100K and they'd take out 2K....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:43 am
Mang! Now I find this thread again ><. Posted in the other one since I lost this one xD.

*Copy and Paste's since I'm to lazy to type again.*

---

Arrrgh. Personally – I feel they made an extremely stupid move. By adding that 2% all they are going to do is cause users to further inflate their items to make up the difference. Sellers will simply add 2% onto their old prices and sell (2% they wouldn’t have seen in the first place), to earn what they use to.

People keep complaining that 2% isn’t much, but by god IT FRICKING ADDS UP – especially if you try to sell older items. Example: Say I wanted to sell a Devil tail on the vend for 10,500,000g, with the 2% in effect I would only make: 10,290,000g. That’s 210k taken! Sure you can go to the exchange and sell there, but people LIKE the market place since it’s convenient, easy and speedy. The exchange can crawl at a snail’s pace especially in GMT timezones.

In a nutshell it will also affect Poorer Gaians dramatically. People WILL higher prices, there is no doubting that, and the Gaians who aren’t rich will have to find ways to cough up even more gold to get items such as MC’s. I personally feel bad for them. MC’s are expensive already =/. It’s going to make the Rich richer, and the Poor far more poor.

I don’t think they thought this through fully. They want a gold sink and have had numerous opportunities recently to insert them. A very good example is the tattoo parlor. They COULD have treated it like hair where the tattoo is removed after you delete your avatar. Frankly I believe that would have worked really, really, well.

Adsjfhsdkdsf K, I can rant about this for 234873294823 hours, but I won’t because I want my coffee and I’m sleepy. Hope this made sense; I can’t form thoughts right now. Too irritated ;_;.

*Starts whacking Gaia with the triple H mallet.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are
fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're
lucky too: Red eyes suit so few." -- Cheshire [AM Alice]

-----------------------------------------------------------------  

Shrii

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Pasithea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:45 am
Just Pixie
Pasithea
I like the way it looks. It looks fine to me.

The only thing that's pissing me off to no end is their ******** 2% closing fee. The admin need to take a ******** economics class really badly because they obviously don't realize that that s**t is just going to cause for more goddamned inflation. Now I'm going to have to cough up 2% more gold on every MC that's listed 15-20K every month. stressed (Sorry for the cussing, but hopefully you have a filter on...I'm just soo pissed because the marketplace is like my second home on Gaia, I spend all my times thar...)

Take the orginal price minus 2%. The higher the price ths bigger that 2% is...I just did a calculation of 100K and they'd take out 2K....

I know it's not too much with like 15-20K it's like 300-400 gold I guess? But I don't care, I'm very picky when it comes to my gold, I like to make as much of it as I can and save as much of it as I can. 300-400g to me is a lot because it all adds up you know? If I decided to purchase 4 letters in the marketplace, 2 for myself and 2 to keep in my storage to sell in a few years, I'd have to fork over the 15-20K for each one plus about 300-400g for each one, so it'd be like 1200-1800 gold I just lost.

It just keeps adding up...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:49 am
This. Sucks. >_<  

Sepfire

Friendly Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

SarahT3hPixie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:53 am
@ Pasithea: It's a major hit for sellers. Around MC time there is always an inflation of products and such; people that have the MCs wanna sell 'em and the people who don't wanna buy 'em. And if Shrii is correct, sellers will inflate their prices 2% to make up for what they loose. Don't get me wrong, buyers will feel it also. There should be a, whats the word, (eee, I can't think of it, oh well)....anyway, the higher price the item is worth the less money is taken out; like .5 less taken out for ever 5K or somthing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:07 pm
Looks cool and confusing at the same time...  

iRikka

iamjessica26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:42 pm
hmm wow that does look very confusing.... i dunno ill have to use it to see if i like it or not..  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:02 pm
Looks like Tektek... but confusing o.o  

Dictator STD

KumikoxChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm
It looks cool, but what's with the 2%? Prices go up and down, it happens. Does it really matter?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:04 pm
I don't really like it, as its been said before, it looks alot like TekTek and that 2% thing pisses me off. It may not seem like alot, but add up the total taken for a month and you'll be pissed.

Its not gonna stop inflation cause all the greedy rich bastards will raise the prices so they can get the full amount they want, it will be worse not better.

Well, thats my 2 cents, ciao.

Ellie heart

Elinoire

Eloquent Explorer

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:13 pm
If you give 2% based on your price, well have to make ours 2.1%! No sweat huh?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:53 am
The screen shot's are pretty cool. It looks nice and updated and what not, but with the 2% cut, thats where I don't like the new marketplace.
It'll kill us vending reg's that like to have fair prices so that people will buy the items we have for sell.

ParanoidBlueGirl

MC_STR1K3R

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:52 am
it sounds cool but looks kinda like the stock market  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 pm
Gosh, I absolutly hate it! Sure they have the trying on clothes thing and that's nice. But you don't really need it. A few things are better, but 2% It doesn't seem like much, but if you're a market place regular it going to add up a lot. It's just going to cause more inflation! Then all the sort of expenisive items will have to be sold in the exchange forum. mad  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

calcifer9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:53 pm
Why is everybody saying that vendors will just up the price to make up the difference. For one thing, if they could just up their prices like that, they would have done so already. Also, the point of the tax is to get gold out of circulation. This will stabilize the economy and potentially lower prices in the long run. this is because when there is less gold in the market, it becomes worth more. Please think it through, don't just jump to the conclusion that the tax will ruin your gaian market forever.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff