Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
"You Can't Sing In Chinese!!!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:04 pm
Yesh yesh, B&B's school is better in the league tables, whatever. rolleyes

Our school is still the best in, like, the world. mad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:31 pm
@niphz: well depending on which cliques you end up in, an can very well be like those movies. I was a loner for most of highschool and middle schools so i didn't really experience any of that. but yeah, for most people, highschool is like that, with worst consequences. One year these to kids in my school were at a party and they were drugged up after a party and went driving. I think they drove off a bridge and one of them died, the other is paralyzed, and can't communicate. private schools are prolly different.  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 am
eek

Well... there is a subtle difference between private and state schools over here too... I have personal experience of this, and do not wish to gain anymore...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:12 pm
Pfft. 'Subtle' my arse. Px

There could not be more difference between a frog and an elephant.

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:22 am
rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:23 am
lol. Are the differences really that big?  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 am
Yes, you could say that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:37 pm
wow, are they different in good ways or bad ways? or I mean are they different that public schools are below par, or private school kids are crazy smart?  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:23 am
Well... private school kids are generally more educated in every way - academically and socially. The things public school kids get up to... eek But we have exceptions too. It's hard to explain...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:38 pm
It really is hard to explain.

Private-school children.. are not necessarily more intelligent, but they seem to be. Some are definitely 'educated beyond their intelligence', if that makes sense. But.. what you pay for, in my view, is the atmosphere. At private schools you're surrounded by people who want to learn, to do well, to get into a good uni and get a good job. In state schools it's like.. the opposite. With exceptions on both sides, of course.

Yeah, it's hard to explain.

Niphz
Crew

mymiridon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:15 pm
no, no, I get what you mean. Like college, some go to party, and some go to actually get a degree. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 am
Hahaha, well... I think over here 90% of uni students go party. Yet still pass. xd 9% would me like, work work work. Heh. I'd be in the 1% - people who go to uni for the education and don't go out, but don't go partying because they don't like parties.

xd

Maa, Niph did explain that very well. Indeed, the atmosphere is so different, they shape us to be socially and academically more intelligent if you ask me. There would be such a difference if I, a private educated girl, went to a public school now. eek But yes, there are some exceptions - perhaps more than we realise. xd  

Chibito7

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am
Chibito7
Hahaha, well... I think over here 90% of uni students go party. Yet still pass. xd 9% would me like, work work work. Heh. I'd be in the 1% - people who go to uni for the education and don't go out, but don't go partying because they don't like parties.

xd

Maa, Niph did explain that very well. Indeed, the atmosphere is so different, they shape us to be socially and academically more intelligent if you ask me. There would be such a difference if I, a private educated girl, went to a public school now. eek But yes, there are some exceptions - perhaps more than we realise. xd

lol, our focus leader told us on like the first day of orientation that we should all go to class even if we missed half of it and had a hangover rofl But I don't really care about parties even if I am curious about them. But yeah, I actually work for fun. Other wise I'd be online bored out of my mind.

I thought you went to a public school too... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:02 pm
xD

Right now I'm quite like.. serious-hard-working-not-partying. But.. I'm not like.. someone who doesn't want to party, but I just think it's stupid in the middle of the term. xP

Niphz
Crew

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:44 pm
Niphz
xD

Right now I'm quite like.. serious-hard-working-not-partying. But.. I'm not like.. someone who doesn't want to party, but I just think it's stupid in the middle of the term. xP

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff