Geek Chic
  Monsters
  Nature
  Remake-an-old-project
  Something else (please post!)
View Results

Liana-Tigra

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:48 pm
Might I suggest a Metalworking subforum? I'm seeing a lot of threads concerning wire sculpting, metal clays, maille, etc. in the Other Crafts subforum.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:13 pm
Liana-Tigra
Might I suggest a Metalworking subforum? I'm seeing a lot of threads concerning wire sculpting, metal clays, maille, etc. in the Other Crafts subforum.
That's a good idea, there is a lot of metalwork threads... do you think it would be okay combined with jewelry?

New poll people! It's almost the end of the month, so its time for a new theme ^_^  

Chisa
Captain

kiersin

Invisible Phantom

10,850 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:42 am
how about a craft your avatar contest or something like that?  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:56 am
I think that because its like almost summer, and its a good time to get out and breath fresh air, that our theme should be outside. like make something from random stuff you find outside. Nothing fancy or permanent, but maybe we could make sand castles or make something out of a hedge or something. I don't know it sounds fun to me, and I will be doing it anyways so I figured I would suggest it. heart heart heart  

JennJenn8

Lady Stamos

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:41 am
Summer theme!
Keep us wanting the days of summer. (:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:36 am
I'm a bit reluctant to go with a seasonal theme, because it's actually almost winter here which is why it was the first thing I thought of! Maybe I shouldn't have put them in the poll then... although it would still be fun to do summer or winter things even if you're in the opposite season I guess ^_^

kiersin, Jenn your ideas are good, but I really want to keep things quite general and open to interpretation as much as possible, so it's nice and easy for people to participate no matter what their interest or medium. Might go into more specific themes later though, so I'll definitely keep those ideas in mind!  

Chisa
Captain

Liana-Tigra

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 pm
Chisa
That's a good idea, there is a lot of metalwork threads... do you think it would be okay combined with jewelry?

New poll people! It's almost the end of the month, so its time for a new theme ^_^

Mmm, technically most jewelry IS a form of metalwork. The main problem would be where you get into forms of jewelry that don't require metal. But it's better to lump them together than to make them separate so that you have to choose which category you're a part of.

For a theme... How about pets? Just thinking right now about my pestiferous cat who manages to thwart death time and again. Then again, it's not a very seasonal theme, is it? Meh... Maybe some other time.

Maybe.... Water! Everyone loves water! Well, unless you're hydrophobic. Or maybe if you have aquagenic urticaria. But in the summer OR the winter, it's good no matter which side of the equator you're on! And it can be interpreted in many different ways, portrayed literally or figuratively, just be a part of the color scheme of things, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:33 pm
Liana-Tigra
Chisa

Mmm, technically most jewelry IS a form of metalwork. The main problem would be where you get into forms of jewelry that don't require metal. But it's better to lump them together than to make them separate so that you have to choose which category you're a part of.
Yep, that's why I thought they'd work together well - similar to how there's a lot to textiles and fibre that don't necessarily overlap, but there's enough to make it work as a section.

When I get around to it I'll probably make the Metalwork and Jewellery section and a Toys, Figures and Customising forum, and that should cover most of the media we have here.  

Chisa
Captain

Sendryl

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 am
About the contests:
Why not have one of the prizes be a craft from one of the other members of the guild?

This may have already be suggested (I read the first two pages, but it's 12 AM here. sweatdrop )

For example: if Chisa won a contest, one contest participant would be picked randomly to make something for Chisa! Nothing massive, but I think the idea of receiving something that's not just made of pixels would inspire more people to participate.

Like you said before though, there's the problem of distance, but I don't think it would be too expensive to send little crafts through the mail.

What do you guys think?

domokun heart domokun

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:25 am
Ideally, in the months of June/July my mindset is on summer especially since I live in the States. However, I am really open to anything.

A contest sounds fun because I like sending stuff through mail!! hahaha!!  

MissMeowMeowKitty

sweetsweetpoison

5,450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:30 pm
what about the theme being night/nighttime? that could be interpreted thousands of ways. specially since you could use anything from your dreams - and plus, it sounds really fun ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:06 am
I ended up going with the winner of the poll - monsters for now smile I'll keep all your ideas in mind for the next month though, so that'll be:

night
seasons (I think that would leave things more open to whatever season you'd like ^_^)
pets
water
nature
craft-your-avatar  

Chisa
Captain

CandelaRoyale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:37 am
I like those cute monster-thingies! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 am
I have a suggestion!

Could we have an Etsy sticky in the Galllery subforum? So we can have a little database of shops ^_^.  

AkibeJosephus

Bani Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:22 am
I'd want an Arctic / winter theme, I'm working on a mini penguin with a red and white Christmas hat. I haven't painted it. And I need to finish the hat.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff