Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 pm
Welcome everyone!

OMG another Aussie whee  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:52 am
Yay, I'm a real member now, haha. I posted a few times yesterday before I was. ;D

Anyway, I'm 18 and I live near Minneapolis, MN. I just got into little felt things, it's pretty fun. A few years ago I was into origami, and occasionally I'll look for a new fold. Uh, I draw, sing, play the piano and do web design. I'm the owner of http://design.illusional-x.net , if you've seen it before.  

Vaginal Soup

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:53 pm
Yay! Welcome whee Felt is great fun. I did some origami in my Japanese class on the weekend, I want to get into papercrafts. Nice website!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14 am
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the newest member.

I'm in college, art student. I'm going to be starting my sophomore year pretty soon (January). I'm hoping to graduate in Animation and minor in Japanese. I'm going to have a lot of fun trying to transfer this coming year. :XP:

I think I've always liked to do sculpted things. Let it be 3D construction paper things, plushies, or clay. What I think really got me interested was my pottery class in High School. My teacher always seemed to love my work.

I think I pretty good at making things with my hands. But I do think when I sew, I have a hard time making patterns (Except for clothes; only for plushies.).

My DeviantART Page  

Nekolover_8

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iFirefly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:48 am
Greetings! My name is Lydia, I'm turning 21 in December and I've been crafting for... forever it feels like. When I was little I would always be making accessories for my ragdolls, like clay foods, furniture, and anything else I felt they needed.

For the last several years I've been in a plushie/doll phase. When I started out it was cloth dragon 'sculptures' (I call them sculptures since even though they were made of cloth a stuffing, they had wire frames and they weren't very squishy and huggable like most plush toys), then the classic 'chibi' style plushies, and now I'm onto amigurumi, the Japanese art of crocheting plush creatures and items. I'm also dabbling in making miniatures terrain for my ongoing D&D games.

You can see some of my stuff on my deviantart account: Thera18  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:40 am
Heh.. Wow, I'm so bad at this 'introduction' stuff. sweatdrop

Okay, so I'm 33, and I live in Boston, MA (US). I've always liked to work with my hands, and to try and make pretty/cute looking things, but I haven't done it in years. I don't have any links to work, since I don't have any right now, but I'm dying to sculpt my avatar, or some of my drawings (I do that a LOT). I would just love to see what our little chibi-selves would look like in 3d, wouldn't you? And I really think I could do it. ._.

This guild seems like a great place to start - I've been looking at the work you guys do, and it's really cool! Hopefully, I'll have something fun to contribute soon. :3

Thanks for letting me join! <33  

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:12 pm
Welcome new people! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:55 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Kitty and I'm 26 and currently living south of DC. My medium of choice is polymer clay, though I have been known to turn out the occasional CG peice. Most of my current work can be found on my DA page. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and getting ideas and inspiration.  

nytshad

Moon-Muffin number 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:31 pm
Erm, I think I'm the youngest here... seriously, people are saying that they're sixteen, and they feel so small, but, ah... I'm only thirteen. sweatdrop Anyway, I go by Joy nowadays. (I hate my real name, so I switched to my middle name.) I'm an Ohio girl who has only just started on 3-D art. Usually, I just draw anime and stuff. My works can be seen here. My biggest weakness is getting motivated to do the hard parts and sewing, which I pretty much suck at. Hajimemashite! (Nice to meet you)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 am
um redface hi you can call me otaku, lottie or whatever, i'm 21, i live in Cornwall - England, um, i just got into crafting, i am a bit of a dabbler sweatdrop and i just started making plushies so ALL advice welcome and much appreciated 4laugh as you can prob tell, not much good at talking to people so forgive me gonk

all my stuff can be seen on my DA account
clicky  

otaku_lottie

lolz zombie

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:38 pm
Hello there, my name is Sam. I'm 20 years old, and just moved to Colorado from NYC. I've been into crafts since I was little. My Mom used to make and paint ceramics, and I started helping her. It soon became something I really enjoyed, and we used to sell our ceramics at the bowling alley. I haven't had a chance to make any ceramics for quite some time, but I started making plushes back in December of 06. I love to sew, and received my first sewing machine that Christmas. However, I'm not partial to it, and prefer to sew by hand for most things. I also love to make jewelry, and I used to sell off of Etsy.com After I moved, I left a lot of my things behind and closed my shop. But now that I'm settling in to my new apartment, I'm going to start making new things this week. Yay for Hobby Lobby! (We didn't have those in NYC).

Unfortunately I have no links or pictures of plushes, since this is a new laptop. But I promise to show everyone some stuff I complete later in the week.

I've managed to scrounge up some of my jewelry I've made-

http://i10.tinypic.com/4d5qbl5.png

http://i6.tinypic.com/4xwbxch.png  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:20 am
Hello Everyone! I am 24 (too old T-T) living in California. I am an artist who likes to learn about different ways to bring my ideas to life XD
As a primarily digital artist I am also always trying to find ways to give my work a more tactile aspect.

I did a little sculpting and molding in school, but haven't done much since then. Lately I've been trying to get into needle felting... But really I'm here to learn as much as I can! Here is my DA page , but I haven't updated in awhile, and there is nothing 3d sad  

pepper-tea

Perfectionist

Java Robot

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:09 pm
Hello.
I'm 17.
I live in Texas, but I hate it.
I have been working with earth clay and sculpey(all 3-d) for 6 years now and recently started trying to make animations.
I'll have pics of my artwork soon(my camera is malfunctioning at the moment).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:19 pm
Hi ♥

My name is Rebecca, I'm 18, and I'm from the igloo-laden Canada. (we don't really live in igloos up here...) I'm currently an undergrad at the University of Waterloo for Computer science. There's so much math x_x

I haven't gotten into too many craft things yet, but I plan to when I can go out and get some supplies. It looks really fun and I'd love to design cute little figurines that can be keychains or cellphone charms xd

I haven't been doing physical crafts, but I've been doing a lot of digital stuff. I've been web designing and other graphical stuff since I was 11 (omg so long ago sweatdrop ). (sample: http://void-flower.net)

I hope to learn a bunch about all the different kinds of crafts and take some up myself!

Thanks heart  

void flower

Bishiglomper

Shameless Hoarder

22,750 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • I Voted! 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:09 pm
Hellu thar~ :B

My name is D-chan, but my fiends call me Bishi. heart I live at the bottom of a ditch in Iowa, in the US. (Mom calls it a valley. I call it a ditch. The road is far above ground level of the house..)

I've been drawing and molding things since I was old enough to! I hear stories from when I was little and taken about the town my aunt and uncle lived in. Complete strangers come up and tell me they remember the bears and elephants I would make from cheap clay. xd

I use alot of mediums.. Most recent and often used is prismacolor marker drawings. I've had sculpy clay for years, so I play with that alot when drawing gets boring.

I've tried my hand at making material crafts. I was making hats a while during the winter.

Hm... I'm very uncreative though. And I'm lazy. And horribly obsessive compulsive, which I've just started to really notice that affects my art. .__.;

DeviantArt

(To find my sculptures, you gotta go about 4 pages in my gallery...)  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff