Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
9/11/01 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

1- Bran-don

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm
It really scared me. I was at school, and not knowing anything that happened. just as the first plane hit about 10 minutes later we were released from school. I was like o right early dismissale? When i got home my mom was there waiting for me, and then i was think... something weird is happening. She hugged me and said everything is going be ok. Now i was starting to get crepped out. We went in her room, and she truned on the tv, about 2 minutes after she got the news on the second plane hit, and i was scare. I was mostly confused (since i was only 7) but still scared. My mom was saying i hope they don't hit the ST. I ask who, but she said idk. I live only 30 minutes from chicago, so that kinda freaks me out. Now that i look at it at 13 years old, it scares me how much more damage the could have done. Luckily 2 planes didn't reach their destination, and to the brave people who took done the hijackers makes me happy to be an american  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm
User Image

First of all Sammy, thank you for making this thread.

I was in fourth grade when it happened. Still kinda young you know? I had no idea what was going on till I saw my mother in tears. It's something no child will ever want nor should see in their life. It broke my heart. That's why I've been doing some fund raisers for Sept. 11th victims this day. We've nearly collected 32,000 dollars. I'm so happy people have donated.

God Bless everyone. And keep those who have passed away, in our hearts and in Heaven.

User Image

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Ugh, I try to pay an ounce of respect and someone on facebook already is being rude about it. Saying people who post about 9/11 should "sack it up and let it go." Not that it really surprises me who it's coming from. *sigh*

T i f a: Yeah, it didn't affect me personally a whole lot at the time, but there was so much buzz about it and everyone was so fearful. It really has impacted how things are now though. I think if 9/11 hadn't happened I wouldn't be having to get a passport as of next year just to drive over the border to visit my mother. Gas prices likely wouldn't be so bad, it has a HUGE impact on politics not just in the states. There's been so much crap here with if Canada didn't support the war our ties with the U.S. would suffer blah blah blah. I hate it.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

That's true. It did screw up the economy, politics, and so many other things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm
I live in New York city and from certain places I could see the smoke. I was in 4th grade. I was nine years old. I couldn't comprehend it and the one kid in my classes father was supposed to be in the 75th floor of the north tower. The kids was crying because it was his birthday. His father was late for work that day luckily.

I cried so much and then I thanked god my mother hadn't brought me to see the towers that day. She's promised she would sometime in the next few weeks. It makes me sad. I miss those towers so much. So many lives lost too. It was just so close.

I remember my teacher gathered us in the reading area and she told us slowly that the towers had been hit and that one had collapsed. The other one collapsed soon there after. Terrible memories from that day.

I cry about it now near the anniversary and one it. I've only been to ground zero once though. It's truly a depressing place. I remember I was walking and I was like hey whys a big gap between those two... holy beep. I wasn't ready to see it when I did. (It was only a year ago). I hadn't realized I wandered so close to it.

The pentagon was a terrible tragedy as well, but I was as affected by it as this. I remember when ever I went to my uncles I could see it, but now... nope.

[Lena E.]

1- Bran-don

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 pm
found creppy pictures of 9/11 >.< i saw one before, but the other just....

http://www.christianmedia.us/devil-face.html  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:48 pm
1- Bran-don

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh my god. D: That creeped me out when I saw it. o_O  

Liquid Muffin

DumberDan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:51 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

I was around 8 at the time of 9/11. I had absolutely no clue what was going on at the time and to me it was just one of those everyday shootings that you see on tv. As I got older I began to realize how stupid I was and how many people lost their lifes. I just wanted to play my stupid video game instead of watching the catastrophe that was unfolding right before my eyes. It is a sad event that never should have happened. If not for the help of the people onboard Flight 83, we would have lost the White House, and caused even more pain and grief for us. This once proud country has now stooped so low as to stop trusting each other and become paranoid of the smallest of things.

...or is it just me?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:00 pm
1- Bran-don

Uwahhh!!!!
That. Is. Creepy!
Edit: How did you find that?

xXAkatsuki_KonanXx

maki-chi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 pm
I think it's sad that some people don't remember what year it happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Maki: Yeah, I saw some thing where this guy was going around interviewing random Americans and he asked when "9/11" took place and so many people didn't know they were like "November?" ugh. I thought that was pretty pathetic.

Yeah, someone said something about that was all that was on TV. Even living in Canada we get a lot of American stations so we got just as much coverage of the event, plus a lot of Canadian stations played stuff almost constantly about it. Much Music (a lot like MTV) had specials where they literally just had discussions about it then would show some sort of benefit concert. It was nuts and my dad kept the tv on this MSNBC station and it replayed so much of the same stuff every hour or two or something. Obviously it was extremely important and all but gosh, so depressing.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Brago Bellmond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:52 pm
It was a really rough time for America that day

I remember it quite well unfortunately...

I was in 3rd grade, French class, 3rd period. I never did like the class (failed it actually) and was kinda wishing something would happen to make it go by faster, fire drill, tornado drill, you know, something short that would waste enough time to kill the period. Next thing I know, an announcement comes over the intercom telling the teachers to flip to channel 15. When Ms. Rouge did, there was the picture of the twin towers smoking and crap. We were all told to go into the main building, and we were told that there would be no school the next day and that our parents would probably be coming to pick us up soon. I, however, was among the twenty or so students who parents never came to get them ( gonk ). It'll probably be the only thing I remember out of that year...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:07 pm
Unfortunately for me, I was in class at the time. My friend and fellow classmate had just lost her brother that morning, so I was already depressed. Then our teacher got the TV and turned on the news.
With the weight of what my friend had just experienced, and the worry about my great-grandmother, I felt terrible.

What had happened to my friend was that her older brother died in an accident. He was skateboarding and his father was leaving for work, he decided to grab onto the back of his father's truck, and when his father started to drive, he didn't see his son. The boy fell off his board and fell, his head landing under the tire, getting crushed and killed immediately. The father didn't find out until after it was too late for him to stop.

RIP.

Missus Catastrophe

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 pm
I'll be honest and say that really.. it didn't affect me at all when I was 11 and it happened (... jeeez, only a month before my 12th birthday too)
I didn't believe that many innocent people should have died because of that but i asked myself why it happened, there had to be a reason why it was even planned out at all.
I remember though that day, it was after lunch when my class found out. I was in 7th grade and we were about to start our history lesson when one of the boys from our class told everyone what he saw on the t.v.
I was shocked.. but seeing it and knowing it was sooo far away from me really didn't faze me.

So it's been about 6 years now, I went to New York City back in April on a school trip. One of the days we got to visit ground zero when it finally hit me, the place I was standing on is where people landed when they jumped.. that was where many people died for something so horrible and stupid. Seeing it, I felt the depression, the sadness.. I nearly started crying myself when I looked around me, even after the 6 years it was still fenced off. I got to peak in through the cracks just to see the place.. to me it was an eye opener to how corrupt the world is.

(And yeah... I'm canadian as well, but I live right across the boarder of Port Huron, Michigan... and to boot, my city is the 2nd on the Hit List of Canada... so that's always comforting.. we get bombed and we may take out quite a few places with us... stupid Chemical Valley ninja isn't that the worse nickname for a city?)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm
xXAkatsuki_KonanXx
1- Bran-don

Uwahhh!!!!
That. Is. Creepy!
Edit: How did you find that?
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

Wow that is creepy, except I don't believe in demons O.o, but the dollar bill one is very strange O.o. Just as creepy as the one I found, first flight to hit I think was the Q33 NY which when translated to wingdings gives you- a plane, two towers, skull with crossbones, and the Jewish symbol.

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

[Lena E.]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:24 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Maki: Yeah, I saw some thing where this guy was going around interviewing random Americans and he asked when "9/11" took place and so many people didn't know they were like "November?" ugh. I thought that was pretty pathetic.

Yeah, someone said something about that was all that was on TV. Even living in Canada we get a lot of American stations so we got just as much coverage of the event, plus a lot of Canadian stations played stuff almost constantly about it. Much Music (a lot like MTV) had specials where they literally just had discussions about it then would show some sort of benefit concert. It was nuts and my dad kept the tv on this MSNBC station and it replayed so much of the same stuff every hour or two or something. Obviously it was extremely important and all but gosh, so depressing.

I can't believe some of those idiot Americans. Most of the people I live with in NYC know when it was and half of the people I know aren't even American.
Americans who say "November?" Talk to the hand. talk2hand It's 9/11 not 11/11 anyway.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff