Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Gaia Relationships- Are they stupid? Or Actually worth doing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Minako]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:09 pm
User Image

So give me something to
believe...
&&&&

It depends on the two people in the relationship. Some can make it work, but it's not for all people. :]

Personally, to get into a "real" relationship--I just couldn't. I would have a hard time trusting someone...too many ***** out there. Even on Gaia probably. ><;

And not just that, but I a not a huge fan of an automatic "long distance relationship". You don't know how faithful your Gaia partner will be in the long run. :/

But, if two people really feel for each other; go for it! ^_^

&&&&
Cause I am living just to
breathe...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Atomic-chama thinks.....

♥Depends... if I'm bored or not.♥
♥I,myself,don't think it's that much worth of time..♥
♥since you would probably get a boyfriend (or girlfriend if you iz boy,)♥
♥then force him to join Gaia. That way....♥
♥ ...you still win..... mrgreen

~A.E.~

Blueblerry --

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 pm
Rebel Sheep
The Intelli-Coon
This depends entirely up who the individuals in the relationship are and how mature they are. 3nodding

The man I've been dating for almost two years was someone I met online, so it would be rather silly of me to say that Online Relationships (or in this case, Gaia ones) are silly. However, a good percentage of the time, they are rather a bit, for lack of a better word, stupid. Teens and even young adults can meet people online and get to know them and over time, truly believe that they've developed a solid relationship. However, quite often, both people are QUITE different offline than online, so when they meet, they realize how very wrong they are for each other.

The best way to put it is this: there are many times that online relationships are extremely wonderful and valid, but more often than not, they end up being duds because of the maturity and compatibility of the individuals involved in them.
User Image

it's something you can't really generalise...since people will act and react in different ways.

one ting is certain though...if you don't intend to take it offline and actually meet the person then it's useless to call it a committed relationship...
Right there. I think waiting is okay for so long but I personally would never consider myself to be in a relationship with someone until we've met and know for sure.

Like I've said, I know people who met online and had it work out great. My mom for instance, she met somenoe on PokerStars.com and now they're married. She's never been happier. Thing is they started as friends then went out for coffee and took it from there. To me that's how it should go.

Also; WHO THE EFF ARE SPENCER KUN AND PINKIE SWEAR???!! Lawl never heard of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:39 pm
-_-Atomic Eclipse-_-

Atomic-chama thinks.....

♥Depends... if I'm bored or not.♥
♥I,myself,don't think it's that much worth of time..♥
♥since you would probably get a boyfriend (or girlfriend if you iz boy,)♥
♥then force him to join Gaia. That way....♥
♥ ...you still win..... mrgreen

~A.E.~

lol, true... but tried that and my g/f hardly EVER comes on here.
It sucks  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:23 pm
I personally think they`re silly and pointless, but some people can actually find love that way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:37 pm
User Image

Strictly Gaia relationships...i think most of them are just for shits and giggles.

But, love can really be found through a website like this (not those intentional internet dating sites...that's silly). A site like Gaia is more like RL than those things, because it is more just like hanging out in a relaxed setting and actually forming a bond.

Online friendships aren't frowned upon...a relationship is just that little bit further, so what's the problem?

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:43 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Sheepy: For me it's the idea of committing yourself to someone you've never met. Friendship is one thing, but becoming romantically involved is a bit much until you do take the next step and meet face to face.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:46 pm
just gaian reletionships i think they are pointless but if you have fun i guess they aren't pointless  

Usagimitai

DumberDan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 pm
I don't believe in online dating. It's stupid. It's all just pixels that are being transmitted to one another, not physical words. I prefer to be able to physically chat to me girlfriend rather than that. Plus I am ashamed to see people randomly asking out people they haven't met or asking for cyber sex. Its stupid. I believe the ones asking for cyber are the nerds and self secluded bastards of our society, not willing to go out and ask out a real person.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:14 pm
DumberDan
I don't believe in online dating. It's stupid. It's all just pixels that are being transmitted to one another, not physical words. I prefer to be able to physically chat to me girlfriend rather than that. Plus I am ashamed to see people randomly asking out people they haven't met or asking for cyber sex. Its stupid. I believe the ones asking for cyber are the nerds and self secluded bastards of our society, not willing to go out and ask out a real person.

Well I think it's a little harsh to say they're stupid. Cyber sex... well, I don't really agree with it either.
    For the most part, it's not the pixels that we're interested in, but the actual person behind the keyboard. But everyone has their own opinion on this matter, there's definitely mixed emotions on this matter.

@sheep: a lot of gaia relationships (not all of them of course) are mostly for shits and giggles. It's almost like whyville (for people who don't know, it's kind of like gaia minus the forums and on it you make a salary each day... I use to love it back when I was younger) But on whyville I mostly did it for fun, I met a really nice guy and we even had a whyville wedding xd But.. by the time I was 13 him and I stopped going on much, we ended up losing contact too, but meh, it was like losing a good friendship.

I seriously believe love can be found on the internet, the dating sites are a joke (to myself anyways) and I think gaia is much more down to earth and more be yourself kind of place for the most part. Though I'm sure on here I'm a lot more bold and express myself quite a bit more, in R/L I'm usually reserved and some what silent most of the time unless with friends. sweatdrop

But you're right, online friendships are not frowned upon, why are relationships? It's almost the same thing, and a lot of times the people in the relationship are pretty commited to making it work, either with phoning each other whenever they have time, sending emails, and even trying to arrange meeting each other.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

DumberDan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:14 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

@fujin
True I may be harsh in calling online dating stupid. I just find it shocking at what people do. Heck, look at Myspace, each day there are people randomly hitting on each other. All you need to do is say "Hey, I'm a quarterback for my high school and I'm single. Want to go out?" You don't know that they could be lying. Hell maybe that hot looking chick in that Myspace pic is a freakin 40-year-old hooker. I just don't believe in it and that online dating is just another chance to be fooled. Cause hey I AM a Libra. Gullible and easily amused.

...or is it just me?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:39 pm
well to me it's really touchy... having personal experience with dating a person on gaia i found how complicating and heart wrenching it can be....

you see for me i never believed in online relations ships, I always thought like omg never trust anyone they're all gonna rape me blah blah blah... but yea i was a newb and the more i hung out the closer i got to people.... and well there was this one guy who i met and we both joined around the same time together and we just hung out learned the site together got pass the newb stage together and basicly "grew up" together.... and the more we hung out the stronger my feelings got for him until i (who at the time didn't have a pc at home) stayed hours at end at the library just to talk to him and soon i found myself in love with him.... however i didn't now anything about the real him and i was (and still am) afraid of getting hurt or tricked... and it didn't help later on when he told me he was older than me by a few years... but still i found myself torn between loving him and trusting him.... anyway after about a year or so he disappeared which is the worst part of online dating if one disappears you don't know what happen and unless they gave you an adress or phone number you can't really know what happened.... anyway for 6 months i was left in the dark about what had happen to him.... The day he came back was one of the happiest days of my life just knowing he was ok was fine... but after that long ellipse of time our relationship hadn't been the same and now though we never technically broke up we are more friends i think... I still love him though just not in a romantic sort of way.... but yea i went a bit over bored so to make the long story short i believe that online dating can be just as serious as real ones but you must be careful because it's harder to be in a relationship online then in r/l (not that i would know actually since i never had a bf in r/l ><) but in the end it's best just to follow your heart and do what's best for you <3  

inurox22

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:51 pm

I think I can safely say that there are people online I know that I love. Not necessarily in the romantic sense because you can never be sure until you've met, but in the sense that I care very deeply for their well being and what not. Awhile back when my friend I'd only spoken to online was telling me about his family problems and his problems with his long-distance girlfriend not being supportive of him through his hard time my heart just sank. I felt so awful and I wanted SO badly to be able to make it right again. I have had an ongoing crush on this person as well but this went way beyond attraction.

Love isn't just a feeling, love is the action of doing what is best for that person, regardless of how it may make you feel and that's what I wanted to do so badly.

This might have been a little off topic, and if it was I'm sorry. =/ Aha. I think I walk a pretty fine line between what I feel is acceptable online and what must wait for face to face confrontation. O_o Hrm. Haha. But yeah this has become a pretty touchy subject.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

I think I can safely say that there are people online I know that I love. Not necessarily in the romantic sense because you can never be sure until you've met, but in the sense that I care very deeply for their well being and what not. Awhile back when my friend I'd only spoken to online was telling me about his family problems and his problems with his long-distance girlfriend not being supportive of him through his hard time my heart just sank. I felt so awful and I wanted SO badly to be able to make it right again. I have had an ongoing crush on this person as well but this went way beyond attraction.

Love isn't just a feeling, love is the action of doing what is best for that person, regardless of how it may make you feel and that's what I wanted to do so badly.

This might have been a little off topic, and if it was I'm sorry. =/ Aha. I think I walk a pretty fine line between what I feel is acceptable online and what must wait for face to face confrontation. O_o Hrm. Haha. But yeah this has become a pretty touchy subject.

User Image

i have a few close friends on Gaia too that I know i can tell anything, and i know will come to me if they ever need to talk to someone. But, these relationships eventually went off Gaia too...MSN became our main way of communicating as it's much much simpler.

As for my online relationship...i never thought i'd have one, but even though there are no guarantees that they are the person they say, the fact that I trust him enough to believe him and am more than willing to wait until we can meet...to me that means that if it does work out it's going to well worth the wait, and the trust is already there...

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 pm
DumberDan
Is it stoopid in here...

@fujin
True I may be harsh in calling online dating stupid. I just find it shocking at what people do. Heck, look at Myspace, each day there are people randomly hitting on each other. All you need to do is say "Hey, I'm a quarterback for my high school and I'm single. Want to go out?" You don't know that they could be lying. Hell maybe that hot looking chick in that Myspace pic is a freakin 40-year-old hooker. I just don't believe in it and that online dating is just another chance to be fooled. Cause hey I AM a Libra. Gullible and easily amused.

...or is it just me?

lol, libra... I'm a libra on leap years (don't ask.. i can't even explain it myself) the rest of the time i'm a scorpio.. but I have personality traits from both.

Anyways, myspace is annoying, that's why I don't go on it. I use facebook and keep in touch with family and friends who left this year to go to college/university.
And you're right, some times you really don't know who you could be talking to.. heck they could be an 80 year old pervert. That's why you gotta pick and choose carefully who you talk to and what not. 3nodding  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff