be pimpin' :D
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:31 pm
How I made them?
Gosh...knitting...but dur...I think I had about 50 stitches for a row to make a plain scarf with (excuse me I don't use usual knitting terms) I would knit 1 up and then 1 down. once I finished one row I would start with the same (?) direction of the last needle direction to prevent the whole darn thing from curling.

I had one with squar patterns that I figured out.

I really want to make one that a tube so it can serve as a scarf and a hat! XP  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 pm
Weee! I started knitting. I've made two scarves so far and am trying to make a third (have 6 or 8 to go) but the yarn hurt my skin. So Mumsie washed it and I'm waiting for it to dry so we can see if whatever chemical hurt me is gone. If it isn't we'll have to return ALL my yarn! 30 dollars' worth! I could DIE. I'm going to guess from what you said, it was 1 knit and 1 purl. I've heard that it curls but I haven't used it. There's a scarf pattern that looks fun that does use it and curls into a fuzzy tube when you're done. 50 stitches to a row? Was it thin yarn? Or were you making the scarf from along the long side, rather than the short side? Square patterns, that sounds cool!  

Ambrai

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:48 am
It was 50 stitches the in width. The length was about 2 to 3 arm spand long. It was 50 because of the ways I did my stitching. They would fold into one another providing more insulation. The yarn was thick. I once had yarn that hurt may hands too. Washing the yarn just thinned out the yarn I had. I had some gauze and just wrapped the major fingers I used while knitting and it wasn't too bad.

*laughs* If I started from the long side I think I would have a good 1000 stitches or more across. haha  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:12 am
All this technical sewing language @_@  

Monsieur Nameless

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:49 pm
aw...sorry Jerbo's if I confused ya.

Why isn't anyone trying to get the free 200 numbers?!?! scream  
Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 8, 7, 15, 10, 3 Total: 43 (5-100)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:17 pm
Eep! Sorry! Sorry!

That knitting sounds interesting though. Makes me wish I knew you in RL so you could show me! crying Sounds like a freaky huge scarf though!  

Ambrai

Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 2, 13, 20, 14, 5 Total: 54 (5-100)

Ambrai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:18 pm
Heh, heh... sweatdrop  
Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 18, 14, 15, 3, 6 Total: 56 (5-100)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 pm
I wonder if I'm rolling the right dice...I think I am. And am too lazy to go check!  

Ambrai

Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 4, 8, 5, 16, 4 Total: 37 (5-100)

Ambrai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:23 pm
I love this song..."Scuse me please, one more drink. Could you make it strong, 'cause I don't need to think. She broke my heart, my grace is gone. One more drink and I'll move on." Aww. I hate most of the songs this guy sings, but this one is ok. Poor narrator.  
Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 4, 17, 20, 14, 2 Total: 57 (5-100)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:23 pm
I, uh, kinda think 'I' should be movin' on...Good, ay?  

Ambrai

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:07 pm
Oh AMBRAI!! I wish I knew you too.

And >.< you don't have to roll the dice if you don't want to! >.< I only introduced the dice rolling game because I figured people would rather get free numbers than pay.  
Monsieur Nameless rolled 5 20-sided dice: 12, 10, 12, 2, 1 Total: 37 (5-100)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:27 pm
Ambrai
I love this song..."Scuse me please, one more drink. Could you make it strong, 'cause I don't need to think. She broke my heart, my grace is gone. One more drink and I'll move on." Aww. I hate most of the songs this guy sings, but this one is ok. Poor narrator.
Who did that song?What is it?Might go listen to it on YouTube o.o  

Monsieur Nameless

Monsieur Nameless rolled 5 20-sided dice: 2, 14, 15, 13, 12 Total: 56 (5-100)

Monsieur Nameless

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Ahhh bum bum chat.

Iuno.  
Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 11, 19, 1, 12, 1 Total: 44 (5-100)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:58 pm
Jerbos
Ambrai
Who did that song?What is it?Might go listen to it on YouTube o.o

Best match to what I hear on the radio...Others are people playing/singing it or concerts. No music video that I could find though. Damn. Dave Matthews Band-Grace is Gone And again I am giving you music! You better pay me for this. blaugh  

Ambrai

Ambrai rolled 5 20-sided dice: 16, 20, 16, 1, 19 Total: 72 (5-100)

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:08 am
Ta Lu
Oh AMBRAI!! I wish I knew you too.

And >.< you don't have to roll the dice if you don't want to! >.< I only introduced the dice rolling game because I figured people would rather get free numbers than pay.

Well, actually I would. So I may as well, eh? Hehe, I just had to get that purple egg thing and then I had to donate to the guild so my little cheapskate of a heart is kinda cringing. I'll never get those laurels at this rate! Well, ok, I'll never get them anyway, but I have to shoot for something, hmm?

Sooo, maybe you could tell me what you do for your knitting? Since I'm not there? Maybe I could link over to that knitting site and you could tell me if you knit up or knit down is what I know as knit or purl (knit up=knit and knit down=purl is my guess). And, um, we could send knitting pictures! ^^ We shall know each other by our hands! And maybe I should go to bed. I'm slipping into my nocturnal habits again. Must...resist!  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff