Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::Official Resident Evil Degeneration CG Thread:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it's gonna be awesome?
  Of course ;D
  Eh maybe :/
  Nah it's gonna suck D:
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:21 pm
I may complain, but I'm still going to own it, and drool over the art from it... Not Leon's hair though... I think Bio would murder me. . xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:50 pm
stare Seriously, you guys need to chill and realize that this may not be the big fiasco you all are already making it out to be. And from what?!? One lousy preview! One preview does not a whole movie broadcast, people!

Okay first off: personally, I enjoyed Advent Children, as...skewed as it's plot was; it was still an alright movie!

Personally, they put Leon in it for a reason! And you guys go worst case scenario just because he is! They put Leon in it because he was a highly popular character...but DID YA STOP TO THINK maybe it was for ALL the Leon fans out there, 2 AND 4? Companies tend to group like that, and if you don't like it, well, just cope. If you notice he doesn't seem to be acting nearly as 'badass' in the trailer, not to mention he looks skinnier then from 4! This may be a good sign for all RE2 Leon fans of the world!

And as for it being like Advent Children...well...you may just have to live with it. I know RE4 had a screwed up plot, but what do you expect? Capcom had to take RE in a new direction if it was going to stay alive, having to compete with games like Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame and all; not to mention the non survival/horror games it had to compete with! Personally, between the two possible plots of RE4 we've heard of, which one actually makes more sense? The one they went with! So the plot may be screwed some, what do you expect? It's a game-gone movie, 90% of the time the plot's screwed, but that still doesn't make it a bad movie if you look at the brighter side! There is still a chance for a good plot! Just hope, people!

In the end, it will all be decided when we can see the full final product for ourselves. So until them there is still hope, people! And either way, I'd like to see it; if only for Claire's return.

Besides, there are still the fans of what RE used to be. And as long as there are those fans, RE will always retain some greatness.  

Javanomicron

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:26 pm
Xenomina

Okay first off: personally, I enjoyed Advent Children, as...skewed as it's plot was; it was still an alright movie!

The best thing about Advent Children for me was the music and the visual. It was a beautifully rendered movie, and I loved the fight with Tifa in the church, pretty diesel if you ask me. But other than that, I thought the attempt for a plot was wasted, they could have done plenty of other things...

Quote:
Personally, they put Leon in it for a reason! And you guys go worst case scenario just because he is! They put Leon in it because he was a highly popular character...but DID YA STOP TO THINK maybe it was for ALL the Leon fans out there, 2 AND 4? Companies tend to group like that, and if you don't like it, well, just cope. If you notice he doesn't seem to be acting nearly as 'badass' in the trailer, not to mention he looks skinnier then from 4! This may be a good sign for all RE2 Leon fans of the world!

Well what can we expect? To most fans of RE2, RE4 Leon was a big let-down. He went from being likable to being cocky... Capcom made more money with RE4 than they had on any other single selling RE game ever (feel free to prove me wrong on this... because I very well could be). It brought legions of new fans to the series, so in my opinion Capcom is just giving RE4 fans what they want because it'll rake in more money.

Quote:
And as for it being like Advent Children...well...you may just have to live with it. I know RE4 had a screwed up plot, but what do you expect? Capcom had to take RE in a new direction if it was going to stay alive, having to compete with games like Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame and all; not to mention the non survival/horror games it had to compete with! Personally, between the two possible plots of RE4 we've heard of, which one actually makes more sense? The one they went with! So the plot may be screwed some, what do you expect? It's a game-gone movie, 90% of the time the plot's screwed, but that still doesn't make it a bad movie if you look at the brighter side! There is still a chance for a good plot! Just hope, people!

Okay, so basically the lesser of two evils? How about choosing between John Kerry and George W. bush? I didn't vote for either, because I detested both of their standing points. As for Advent Chilren, they would have spent their time and money re-rendering FF:VII with those graphics, in my opinion.

Quote:
In the end, it will all be decided when we can see the full final product for ourselves. So until them there is still hope, people! And either way, I'd like to see it; if only for Claire's return.

Besides, there are still the fans of what RE used to be. And as long as there are those fans, RE will always retain some greatness.

We'll just have to wait to see the final product, but that isn't going to stop me (or anyone else for that matter) from speculating, predicting, griping, complaining, etc. about it. It's a discussion, everyone is free to have their own voice. You have yours, I have mine. smile

Besides, a huge reason that I have such low expectations is this, due to me adopting the Biohazard EXTREME motto for anything coming out from Capcom regarding RE: If the movie turns out to be good, I'll be blown away. If it's bad, then I won't be too disappointed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:29 pm
NotteRequiem

Besides, a huge reason that I have such low expectations is this, due to me adopting the Biohazard EXTREME motto for anything coming out from Capcom regarding RE: If the movie turns out to be good, I'll be blown away. If it's bad, then I won't be too disappointed.

Yep. Same here! 3nodding  

Vankala

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:37 pm
Vankala
NotteRequiem

Yep. Same here! 3nodding

I think a good deal of us have adopted that same feeling.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:03 pm
I'm done hoping. I hoped that Advent Children was good. I hoped that Dirge of Cerberus would be good. I hoped that Final Fantasy XII would be good. Now I'm done hoping. Crisis Core is gonna suck. Square-Enix fell off.

And Capcom is heading in the same direction and fast.
RE4 sucked. And as fun as Umbrella Chronicles was, the new storyline revelations in it were a real disappointment.

The preview for Degeneration revealed to us the following:
Leon and Claire are at the airport (Leon wearing another leather jacket. Surprise, surprise). Maybe they're there to meet each other, maybe they're there for completely separate reasons, but just happen to end up in the same place, I wouldn't put that past Capcom.
The other thing that was revealed to us is that a plane crashes into the airport, and since it has something to do with the plot, it's pretty obvious that some kind of a biohazardous situation happened on that plane, and now that it crashed into the airport, that biohazard is sure to spread into the terminal.

Just the fact alone that this biological disasted happens in the very same airport where Claire and Leon are located tells me that it's gonna have a terrible backstory.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:38 am
Xenomina

If they tried to "group" the Leon fans together into one character, he would be the biggest oxymoron on the PLANET. I doubt in about a year he could scrawny-down enough to look and act like he did in RE2. They're simply reusing Leon because, as NotteRequiem said, he's their new cash-cow. Say "moo", Leon!!

Xenomina

Yeah, so we may have to deal with it...But survival-horror has its own fanbase out there; some of which don't even pay attention to other games, some of which don't even pay attention to other survival-horror games besides RE. (The same is true for Silent Hill.) RE4 became, to anyone who played it more than once, a "shoot the ax out of the are to survive and remember exactly where enemies spawn and how many there are in an area to avoid the horror". Personally, I think the beta plot for RE4 would have been far more frightening, even if it didn't really fit with the other games - since neither did the version that was released - and even if you could still predict the enemies and their movements, as it had a similar feel - from what I saw of it - to REmake. Dark, foreboding, and creepy. I only got that feeling when I saw Ashley in that damn pop-star outfit.

Again, as NottteRequiem said, this is a debate thread, so let's ALL have fun complaining, in our own ways, for the sake of our beloved franchise. XD We'll know in the end just how the film turns out, and that's REALLY what counts, no?

Honestly, I'm just more interested to see what color Leon's hair turns out to be in this particular form of media. XDDDD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:30 pm
Kadeejah Seshat
Honestly, I'm just more interested to see what color Leon's hair turns out to be in this particular form of media. XDDDD

Maybe he dyed it black so he could be even more emo... ninja  

Vankala

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:39 pm
Vankala
Kadeejah Seshat

Maybe he dyed it black so he could be even more emo... ninja

XDDD It's about the only color in the spectrum he's been rolling around in that he's missed.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:00 am
BabyOil
Oh come on. Let Resident Evil try and redeem itself. :[
They could have... They could have NOT put Leon in it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:02 am
Biohazard EXTREME
BabyOil
Oh come on. Let Resident Evil try and redeem itself. :[
They could have... They could have NOT put Leon in it.

Seconded!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:55 am
Um. I still wanna know why people call Leon 'emo'. I don't remember him being in anyway emo. Maybe sad but thats part of everyday life  

Ivory Lie

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:34 am
Ivory Lie
Um. I still wanna know why people call Leon 'emo'. I don't remember him being in anyway emo. Maybe sad but thats part of everyday life

It's the tight pants and hair that screams emo for me... xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:28 pm
NotteRequiem
Ivory Lie

It's the tight pants and hair that screams emo for me... xd

ARG!! That HAIR! >__< The whispiness of it, combined with that freakin' angsty flip over his eye...

And then they had to go and give him the whole "warrior's/hero's scar" thing...That belongs to Harlock, dammit! > 3< It drive me ballistic just thinking about it.  

Kadeejah Seshat

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:30 pm
No, it's true... Emos like black, and I'm pretty sure that Leon likes the rainbow.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games