Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little_Songbird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:59 pm
Hey there! I'm Genevieve, and I LOVE reading and writing. That's pretty much all I do in my spare time. (Doodling SOMETIMES) Anywho, a little introduction of myself:

I really like to write long stories (though I haven't finished any yet) and sort of emo poems... sweatdrop Although I don't like to think of them as emo... but whenever I show my friends they're all: EMO!!! *points* crying Anywho, You can look at my profile for a few of the books I enjoy reading. ^^ I haven't read in a while, but am just now starting Frankenstein and Treasure Island. I LOVE fantasy. Anything that's bizarre or creative or just something that makes me smile. =3 I don't really like non-fiction. Too boring and unoriginal for me. XD Unless it's written REALLY well with wonderful descriptions and whatnot. *is picky*
I really look forward to posting and reading stuff on this guild... I thank you penandpaper67 for the invite!

Over and out!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 am
ummmmmmm hi im new xd  

yoby

Rothbart

Backwoods Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 am
Hello there.
I do believe I'm your 150th member. ;D
I don't really write for leisure, I prefer art but I really love reading.
I just finished "Making Money" by Terry Pratchett and I'm also reading through the Flasman series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:08 am
Hi, I'm Chipmunk, or June. Thanks for the invite heart I'm into Jane Austen books right now, and I'm reading "Sense and Sensibility". It's very good, but frustrating too.

Anywho, I love reading and writing, drawing, and talking about all three!  

Calypsorchid

5,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

punk-rock-xx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:19 am
Hello, my name is Caitlin and i love to read and write. Although im not very good at writing. My favorite books are Twilight, Vampire Academy, Vampire diary's, Blue is for nightmares and more. Right now im writing a book about a vampire buts not turning out so good. Maybe i'll post it.

Bye Caitlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:31 pm
Hi, I'm Haru, and I like to read and write (this sounds like a Readers and Writers Anonymous meeting XD)

The last group of books I read were the Twilight series, and I realy enjoyed them. I also picked up Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles when I was working for something to do during breaks and on the bus. I've been an avid reader since primary school, as I would often go to the library to hide from my bullies. I have some other favourite authors as well, such as Enid Blyton and K.A. Applegate.

I'm in the process of writing my own novel. This is the fourth time it's been rewritten, and I think this time it will be even better! I also enjoy writing fanfiction for series such as Gensomaden Saiyuki, One Piece and Naruto. I might end up posting my writings.

Thank you very much for the invite to join this guild heart  

Haru Minatsuki

midnightxeclipse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 pm
I'm Marie, and, shockingly, I enjoy reading and writing.

Bet no one saw, that coming, eh?

Anyway. I guess I'll just post a short summery of my favorite novels and whatnot.

Some of my favorite books are My Sister's Keeper, What Happened to Lani Garver, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Ender's Game (and the subsequent sequel like books.)

Ooh, and I like to write pretty much every genre there is. I'll write anything from horror to romance; it just depends on my mood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:25 pm
Hi people! I'm afraid that as often as I try I'm not much of an author, but I do nothing but read. My life's dream is (no, I don't want to become the next hokage, believe it, or defeat Voldemort once and for all so that he'll stop stalking my family) to become an editor and edit children's books.  

the_queen_of_the_fairies

TenzaZangetsu93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:46 pm
Hey, thanks for inviting me to the guild, penandpaper. I'm not much of a writer, although I did write a short story about 5 pages long(in microsoft word 03), and I guess I'll post that. Really, I'm just an active reader. My favorite book is Hp and the Deathly Hallows, but who doesn't like that book? I enjoy the books by Tamora Pierce, and I definitely recommend them, although starting with Wild Magic may be best.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:33 pm
User Image I see the angels,
I'll lead them to your door.
There's no escape now...
---

Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks to penandpaper67 for inviting me, I hope I'm going to like it here... ^_^

Anyway, hi. I'm mizzshy. You can call me mizzshy, mizz... Whatever you like really... ^_^

I love to both read and write, and my favourite book is Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë, which I first read at about the age of twelve. I loved it so much, and all other Brontë works too. I've even had the privilege of actually going to Haworth Parsonage, where the famous sisters lived, and it's an experience I shall never forget... ^_^

My favourite series of books is Twilight. I'm completely in love with Edward, and I can't wait for the release of both the next book and the film! *goes all hyper and excited*

I also love to write. I write poetry and prose, and sometimes fanfictions. I'm always looking around for inspiration for my work, especially in nature and the supernatural. I think there's something truly beautiful about the both of them that some things can never replace... ^_^

That's all I have to say (which is a fair amount actually... ah well, I'm used to that now haha).

I hope to see you all around the guild! ^_^

~mizzshy

---
... No mercy no more,
No remorse 'cause I still remember
The smile when you tore me apart...User Image

mizzshy

H20edDownAzn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:46 pm
Hi, I am the H20edDownAzn. I enjoy reading and writing very much, but I'm currently enrolled in 17 credit hours at college and I'm an active member in 3 different clubs, including karate, in which I'd like to earn a black belt before I graduate. The key point in all that is that I don't have a whole lot of time to read and write outside of class these days, and this makes me sad. There is always summer, however, and maybe I can pick up some good suggestions for my days off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:05 pm
'ello everyone I am Kisa-chan. My very great friend that glomps me every day at school *cough* Yuki *cough* sent me an invite and I thought it looked interesting. Yes I love to read and write. If I didn't I wouldn't be in this guild.

My room currently has books in huge piles scattered across the vast open spaces of my room until the arival of my new bookshelves. I am taking a writing class and loving it. Other then the fact we do almost nothing. Are teacher does have a lot of good pointers and stuff.

Now that I'm finished rambling on about things that you will probaly never care about. I will leave you to your personal time with your computer.

Akuji-chan

3,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Junior Trader 100

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:59 pm
Hey there. You can call me Faith. It's the name I go by on the Internet.

So, as far as writing goes, I do like to write short stories for fun. I'm also hoping to write a children's book in the next year, and hopefully get it published.

Favorite books/authors include: Jane Austen (probably my absolute favorite), The Twilight Series, Harry Potter series, and Nicholas Sparks.

I really want to read the Chronicles of Narnia books soon, and I'm thinking of checking out the Eragon series, as I hear the books are FAR better than the movie that came out.

I guess that's about it... I'm not afraid to express my opinion and reviews on things, so you'll probably see me around. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:06 pm
Hi, I'm Richy, I'm an avid reader who loves fantasy, adventure, action, sci-fi, comedy, manga, certain poems, and I also write stories as well.

Although, I've only written one short story so far, which is homework for my English class, but I am in the middle of writing a Pokemon Fanfic in another guild to do with a summer break in the middle of a roleplay. I am trying to write more, and I will be soon.

At the moment my head is firmly stuck in 'The Amber Spyglass' and I'm loving every minute if it, it's great! So far, I have read:
The entire Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
The entire Alpha Force series
The Old Kingdom Trilogy
The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (Although, I'm missing the final book, 'Mostly Harmless'. sweatdrop My Dad never actually got it. sweatdrop )
Most of the Alex Rider series.
Most of the Dragon Keeper series.
All of the Inheritance series currently out
The entire Naruto series 1 manga
All of the Kingdom Hearts manga up to Kingdom Hearts II Volume 1.
Plus multiple other books.

I must say, I also sing, and I'm a gamer, mrgreen , some of my story writing inspiration comes from video games. (E.G. Pokemon and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and Tales of Symphonia)

Thank You for inviting me and hi.
mrgreen  

XGamerRichy

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 pm
Thank you for the invitation. I am definitely a bibliophile so my literary interests are deep and wide... though I admit it's mostly children's lit and young adult. Occupational hazard, I suppose, as I teach. mrgreen

I also like to write... mostly poems and
redface blogs and some short stories.

As for my more PERSONAL stuff about me, well, I am 28, a girl, single, and have a house full of pets. I use my Gaia profile to the fullest so click away and feel free to read all about me as well as look at the pictures of my "kids!"
heart  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces