Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Games (Remember to try for the 50,000 Gold!)
^ > v Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 am
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

^ I'm not too sure, to tell you the truth. I've been sitting here staring at a blank screen for 10 minutes racking through all the movies I've seen that I could consider living in ... Something magical, but not Harry Potter. Something musical, and FAR from HSM.

Although, I do love the old English era; Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, The Colour Purple ... despite the lack of women's lib, the privative technology and the slow modes of transportation, those were times of grace and elegance; where chivalry was a way of life and not just another word in the dictionary.

Or, on the flipside, The Fifth Element. I've dreamed of being amongst the stars all my life. Mostly, I've dreamed of flying. I admit, not scientifically but magically. However, I do love the sense of freedom, and travelling through the stars would trigger that sensation a little, one would think.

> I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel down.

As to my dreams and aspirations? I want to sing. That's all. For me, life without a song would not be worth living. Every day I am compelled to sing not because someone's asked me to perform anywhere and therefore I go, but because if I didn't I would implode. It doesn't matter where I am, if I don't sing within a span of waking hours', it means I'm seriously depressed. It's loyal. It's the only thing that has never hurt or betrayed me. I would like to be appreciated for singing, and I do confess it would be wonderful if I could sing and act for a living. A pipe dream - perhaps; but all I really want is a stage and a willing ear or two.

v After all that it's hard to think of a question. Even so ...

If you were to write a book about your life, what would it be called?

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:09 am
^ ... Since I would never even consider writing an autobiograph, that's a little bit of a tough question. However, since I want to move this line of questions along, let's call it Leviculus Libri Super Nonnullus Novus Alio Nomen Chain Or, the "Silly Book About Some New Person Named Chain." Although I'd probably never call it that... I just can't think of anything right now. Also, the tenses in that are likely all wrong... since I don't speak Latin at all, and thus decided to just use an online translator.

> You didn't make me feel down. You made me feel happy. My tendency of over-thinking things (... and the sleep deprivation I was going through that day...) was making me down.

v What other games have you played besides Pokemon and that X-men game... which I've never played, but have read strategy guides and reviews for for some reason...

... Rembember... what the doormouse said... feed your head!
I'm meeting you halfway, hippies!

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:32 am

^ The ancient games like Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong ... I've played Halo ((possibly 2 and three, or one and three, I don't remember)) on the X-Box my nephew has ... Umm ... Abe's Odessy ((one and two; one on computer and two on Gameboy)), World of Warcraft ((which I can't load on my laptop because it doesn't have the net >_<)), Tomb Raider, Age of Empires ((original and European ... where I die in under five minutes)) , Spiderman, Medieval Total War ((snore)), Mortal Kombat 3 ((which I can't play any more because it only worked on DOS)) ... I confess I tried Runescape; was doing quite good but got sick of making Runes ((and the fact that I always died when trying to do one particular quest)). I think that's about it. I never had Play Stations and all that growing up, just a Gameboy colour and a very slow computer.

> I was worrying for a moment if things had gotten awkward.

v ((random question I saw in the GD the other day)) What song(s) would you like to have played at your funeral?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:57 am
^ ... Right now, since I've still got that immature boyish streak in me, even though I know it might make it a very traumatic funeral:
"What is Love?"
"Harder Better Faster Stronger"
"Monster Mash"
"Zombie" - the cover by Miser... not the original by the cranberries...
"Another One Bites the Dust"
"If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands"
"Chocolate Rain" stare That's just for torture... that song is horrible. but it has good parodies... like Chad Vader's, the 8Bit Verson, Strawberry Sleet, ... Coke commissioned him to do a song, Cherry Chocolate Rain. I wonder when he's going to realize his popularity is from people laughing at him...
"My Heart Will Go On"
... maybe some others...
Oh, God, that would be a traumatic funeral.

> Nope, not awkward. More of a deep... heartfelt..ness.. thing.

I could never beat the original Atari verson of Donkey Kong, for some reason...
But there was this one space game for the Atari tat I loved to play... my grandmother's house had an Atari, before the power cords melted, or something. It used to be my Dad's.
I miss the DOS era of gaming... I need to build like... 3 retro gaming PC's for the last three eras of gaming so I can play all the awesome old games. Retro gaming PCs are good... they're super cheap.

v What would you have played at your funeral?  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:54 am

^ Crossroads by Don McLean. It would be nice to also have something Warlow's covered ((of course, that's an answer anyone would have guessed)); not sure what though. Maybe Autumn Leaves. Unexpected Song - I wouldn't be surprised if that was played, especially since I made Unexpected Song, but it's not really a piece I'd imagine at a funeral. Ha, nor is Being Alive, but I do like that one too. Or if he ever covers Maria, it'll be the third time I'll ever accept that song ((you can't imagine the pain of introducing yourself as "Maria" to those who are musically inclined)). Anyway, definitely Crossroads, and at my wake everyone MUST do the Time Warp. At least once. And if they don't I'll haunt them until they do.

> If you make one, I want one; even though I've won the game so many times, and even though I always got my a** kicked when I played against my nephew, I liked Mortal Kombat 3; and I still haven't unlocked some of the moves.

v What's the one movie - yet to be released or out now - that you desperately want to see?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:23 am
^ The Halo movie... Most def. It should be out some time this year, if I remember right... Other than that, that "Jumpers" movie looks pretty good. And I'm whistfully awaiting the last three Star Wars movies... which Lucas is looking for a director for right now. Yes... there are three more movies... they follow after "Return of the Jedi." I won't spoil any of the basic plot, though (even though I want to...)

>... MARIAAAAA!!! I've just met a girl named MARIAAAAA!!! (on a level of one to ten, how much do you want to strangle me right now?)
... Yep, I can see how that would get annoying pretty fast. stare

v What are your three favorite comedies of all time (I ask for three because I know how hard it is to just pick one or two...).

I feel pretty... oh so pretty...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:39 am

^ Comedies ... Umm ... Oh Goddess, three of them?! Okay ... *thinks* Okay, because I'm not good at thinking of comedies I'll go for the obvious - in no particular order:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Monty Python's And Now For Something Completely Different
Monty Python's Life of Brian

All right, four. Bugger it.

> You mean I can only go up to ten?

v What is the one movie you cannot stand ((not to be fooled with my past question)).

Ha.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:52 am
^ Well... one of the ones I can think of right now is "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I can imagine that you probably have an extensive list...

> So in other words, you likely would have strangled me if you had the chance... All right, I see how it is. sad
rofl
... Did you laugh at any of the choices of music for my funeral? ... I doubt I'd actually pick any of those if I really considered I might die... but that those were mainly my immaturity.

Did you know that Megadeath made a song about the knight's in Monty Python and the Holy Grail and their fight with the killer rabbit?
It's good for a laugh... I doubt it's your preferred genre... but hey, it's a frickin' song about the killer rabbit
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7y46pVwxu9c

v If you could make one change in the world what would it be... other than an Australian cast recording of Phantom of the Opera...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:37 pm

^ Shall I go with the typical answers and say war, famine, disease, et cetera? I really don't know what I would change. Perhaps the law of gravity. *shrug* I wouldn't eliminate evil, for if there's no evil there's no good, and a neutral world would be just as bad as a world with just all good or just all evil.

> That ... was peculiar. That and the Chocolate Rain song. Chocolate Rain was rather incessant but I suppose you have to commend the guy for writing a whole song that rhymes every line with "rain". The Megadeath one isn't in my preferred genre, no; I hate that whoever uploaded the vid spelt it "deth" and not "death" ... TWICE. Some of the words slurred together, if the lyrics hadn't been posted I probably wouldn't have been able to make out a quarter of the song.

v So, what would you change?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:08 pm
^ I'd make everybody be able to speak the same language... or every language. Take that, possible God and your retaliation for the possibly mythical Tower of Babel! I didn't even have to think about that one.

> I liked the parodies... they made me laugh. And don't worry, not many people do like chocolate rain. It's mainly used as an alternative on the internet for a Rickroll... To Rickroll is to intentionally misdirect one to a video from 80s pop singer Rick Astley. This tactic gets its name in part from the duckroll through the similar intent of pissing off everyone by deception. I have been Rick Rolled before... and I laughed hard. There are also Reich rolls... which direct people to a song by Rick Astley with Nazis marching in the background... To which I also laughed at the stupidity.

Did you watch the parodies?

... also... I wouldn't change the law of gravity... that would be bad. That would cause most of the worlds to destabilize and spin apart, and the sun would probably explode... or on the other hand, if you were to increase it, it would cause everything to crush. Where it's at is probably the only place where the universe would function...

v What is your favorite fantasy movie?  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:30 pm

^ Gawd ... Beauty and the Beast, if that counts. I'm not sure; I'm ever good at choosing between films.

> Just the Chocolate Rain and the Rabbit ones; haven't gotten to the others yet. Did you watch Crossroads? ((peculiar fan video but it's just the song I was interested in showing)). Oh, and I forgot; I laughed at Monster Mash in an "Oh yeah, that's a good song" fashion, at If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands, and I sort-of laughed and cringed at My Heart Will Go On, remembering that I once sang that in front of my librarean / science teacher in primary school as she was starting to organise the first choir, and someone walked in during it and WATCHED.

... and I did think about that, I was being silly.

V What was your favourite childhood toy?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:56 pm
^ ... stare Either the computer or the Sega. I probably started using the computer when I was 3 or 4... I think... Which is interesting because I learned how to read at either 4 or 5.
Does the computer count as a toy? If not... the earliest toy I can remember having... was this... well, Hmm. Can I say Lego's? I know for sure I played with those for a very long time. All the other toys have kind of blended together and I can't remember exactly which ones I got earlier or liked more.

> There is one toy I definitely did remember, though... because it was really, really weird. I used to have this, like... mini remote control car thing. I don't know what happened to the car, but I still had the remote. Well, the remote would make sounds, like, engine sounds. Now, this thing had batteries, and normally when the batteries fell out, and you'd press a button, nothing would happen (like you'd expect, right?). Well, one day, the batteries fell out, and just for the hell of it, I pressed a button... and it worked. It scared the crap out of me. I pressed it again... and it worked. That damn thing started working without batteries. Not just for a few days, but for many years, until I got rid of it. It was f***ing weird, man.

v If you could have a superpower, what would it be?  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:10 am

^ To fly.

> I really can't think of anything to write at the moment; I'm in one of those dull moods brought on by the heat ...

I am hungry, though.

v Favourite food?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:07 am
^ I was literally just thinking about asking that... but I decided since I asked "What's your favorite thing to much on" it might be a little bit redundant.

And it's probably spaghetti with meatballs... or ravioli with meatballs.. or lasagna... Or chicken fettuccine Alfredo.
Pretty much anything Italian. I loves me some Italian eats.

> How hot is it there? ... I'm just perusing amusing quotes on bash.org right now... pretty much...

v What;s the longest you've ever stayed up?  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:32 am

^ The longest that I can remember is 19 - 20 hours'; I got up at 6, went to work, after work I went to a town up river ((hour's drive away)) for the first and only technical rehearsal at the theatre there for The King and I ... we only did the opening matinee there before moving the show to a closer town, but even so ... That was a long day. All I can remember of that day is waiting around for the rehearsal to start, holding Victor's hand ((Victor played the King)), and then being relieved to being dismissed at midnight as I had finished rehearsing my part ((Tuptim dies after all)) and therefore could go home whilst the rest of the cast rehearsed. Got home at 1 or 2 ish.

Goddess I miss the stage.

> I don't actually recall how hot it was today; somewhere in the 30s I think ((32 or 35?)).

v What is your favourite quote of all time?

Games (Remember to try for the 50,000 Gold!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games