Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil, "Did You Know" 's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 am
Did you know that the Bandersnatch from Code Veronica gets its name from a poem in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland titled "Jabberwocky"?  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:22 am
Did you know that in the REmake for the gamecube the crimson heads mostly attack with thier right arm?

Did you know that the handcannon in RE4 is actually Barry's gun from the REmake?  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:28 am
Blackartist19
Did you know that the handcannon in RE4 is actually Barry's gun from the REmake?

Actually, it's not. The 3D model is different and it fires different rounds.

Unless you're thinking about the Magnum Revolver from RE0.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:23 pm
Did you know that the first RE movie contains constant Alice in Wonderland references?

- Alice is the main character
- The computer's name is the 'Red Queen'
- The Red Queen demands that Rain be beheaded
- The paperweight used to crush Lisa's head is an Alice in Wonderland paperweight
- When Alice has the flashback to watching the test of the T-Virus and Anti-virus, a white rabbit is the test specimen
- In order to get into the Hive, the team goes through a mirrored door akin to Through the Looking Glass
- The Red Queen doesn't do it herself, but by activating the lasers succeeds in getting something else to behead the medic.
- Kaplan constantly worries about time like the White Rabbit

Also, it contains references to the games (of course we knew this was coming):

- Near the beginning, the camera has a major close-up of Alice's eye. This is the background for the start menu of the first Resident Evil game.
- Alice's "husband", Spencer, shares the same name as the mansion from the first game (The Spencer Estate)
- After the team returns to the laser hallway a second time, the bodies of the members are gone. "Where are the bodies? Where did they go?" This refers to when you kill a zombie in the games and leave the room, only to return and find they've disappeared.
- Matt finds his sister Lisa dead and has to watch her die, much like Steve finds his father zombified and must kill him.
- In the beginning, the main character has memory loss that returns to them by the end of the game. This is the same as in Resident Evil: Survivor.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:38 pm
Did you copy and paste those outa somewhere?  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am
Whoa...  

Vinessa_Valentine

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:04 am
Did you know that in RE2 in the basement, in the hallway where you use the Club key on the green door, you see REDRUM on the left wall. It looks like it was finger-painted on.

And for all you youngin's, REDRUM is MURDER spelled backward, and is a reference to one of the best horror movies ever made: The Shining.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 am
Hm....i don't think i ever noticed that. I've gotta play RE2 again. Lol  

Vankala

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:15 pm
I just found this out today, actually.

Did you know that Michael Gough, the voice actor that provided Osmund Saddler's voice in RE4, was also the voice of Harry Mason in the first Silent Hill?  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:20 pm
Wow, what a downgrade.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:28 pm
NotteRequiem
Did you know that in RE2 in the basement, in the hallway where you use the Club key on the green door, you see REDRUM on the left wall. It looks like it was finger-painted on.

And for all you youngin's, REDRUM is MURDER spelled backward, and is a reference to one of the best horror movies ever made: The Shining.

Oh I know REDRUM all too well! Stephen King is my babe! And I am very excited to know this bit of info. I'm gonna go play RE2 RIGHT NOW just so I can see that!

This totally made my day.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:59 pm
Canas Renvall
- After the team returns to the laser hallway a second time, the bodies of the members are gone. "Where are the bodies? Where did they go?" This refers to when you kill a zombie in the games and leave the room, only to return and find they've disappeared.

Srsly? I thought that was a whoopsie. razz  

MadamTarantula

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 am
REaceofclubs
NotteRequiem

Oh I know REDRUM all too well! Stephen King is my babe! And I am very excited to know this bit of info. I'm gonna go play RE2 RIGHT NOW just so I can see that!

This totally made my day.

Noice! It's in the basement, as I said. It'll be on the left side of your screen, and it'll be mega-ultra creepy. 3nodding

When I was playing that for the first time in 99, my Dad saw it and was all like "Woah... that's badass." whee  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:31 am
Oh, baybee! Now I'm pumped! This is gonna be So. Sweet.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:36 am
There's also a part in RE3, where Jill first walks in on Brad in that bar, it says, "This too shall pass" on the door frame where she's standing. I noticed that one all by myself.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff